reddred

Default OT Wherever God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window

"Blind Joni" wrote in message

things and got quick answers..maybe you never asked the right questions

before.
Christianity is based on faith..not acts.

Certain types of -protestant- christainity are based on faith, not acts.

jb

reddred

"George Gleason" wrote in message

"reddred" wrote in message

"Blind Joni" wrote in message

things and got quick answers..maybe you never asked the right

questions
before.
Christianity is based on faith..not acts.

Certain types of -protestant- christainity are based on faith, not acts.

so one can not hold the church accountable for the actions of its preists
that line of thinking didn't fly in Boston
the church is / religion is what it does
not what it says
Just as I am what I do
not what I say

of course you try to do what you say
but ultimatly you are what you do
george

Maybe. I was just trying to clarify that the majority of Christians in the
world see things differently than do faith-based American churches.

jb

George Gleason

Maybe. I was just trying to clarify that the majority of Christians in the
world see things differently than do faith-based American churches.

Interesting, unfortunatly I do not have the experiance of seeing other than
the way it was brought to me here in the states
a bit of world view usually is a good thing
the citizens of the USa are way to geocentric for my tastes
Thanks
George

---

Blind Joni

just say I accept my faith and will do what I can to keep it private
I will not make laws or censor media based on my religious convictions, but
rather on preventing one person from harming anothe

So I shouldn't vote my conscience because someone doesn't like it..Hmmmm.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Blind Joni

Christianity is based on faith..not acts.

Certain types of -protestant- christainity are based on faith, not acts.

I was raised Catholic and for 18 years learned almost nothing about the Bible
itself. The Bible states that faith is the determining factor..simply stated
in Romans 1...as well as many other places.

Just as I am what I do
not what I say

of course you try to do what you say
but ultimatly you are what you do

The other education I spoke of deals with exactly this....being your word. This
is a basic responsibility in many philisophical viewpoint.."to thine own self
be true" didn't mean be selfish..it meant take the responsibility to be what
you say you are. There is no
"trying" to do anything..you do or you don't...Try to stand up..try to sit
down..you get the picture.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Blind Joni

Maybe. I was just trying to clarify that the majority of Christians in the
world see things differently than do faith-based American churches.

Interesting, unfortunatly I do not have the experiance of seeing other than
the way it was brought to me here in the states

And these organizations over the years have caused a lot of the evil George
speaks of. This is one reason for the resurgence of faith based churches here
in the states. The Bible has been twisted because in many religions the
everyday folk weren't allowed to interpret it for themselves. They were
dictated to by elders who usually had vested interests in their own power.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
George Gleason

"Blind Joni" wrote in message
[...]

so is it the thought that counts?
or is the road to Hell paved with good intentions?
To simple to be true
one can stop draught and starvation by pumping water to where it is needed,
but possibly at the same time destroy the aquifer that is needed to support
a much larger population
nothing is all good and nothing is all evil
not even slavish adherence to the word of your "god" is universially good,
not even for you

so the best you can do is TRY
there is no sit or stand
only try to sit or try to stand
in the end you will be what the resultsof your trying produced(what you did)

If one demands the black/white division between good and evil(sit or
stand)(doing Gods work of failing to do gods work) you end up with bull****
like
"with us or against us" and bombs decimating innocent children
George

---

George Gleason

"Blind Joni" wrote in message
just say I accept my faith and will do what I can to keep it private
I will not make laws or censor media based on my religious convictions,

but
rather on preventing one person from harming anothe

So I shouldn't vote my conscience because someone doesn't like it..Hmmmm.

Not if your conscience demand limiting anothers freedom to live thier chose
peaceful life
be it as a drug addict or cronic masturbator, viewer of hard core porn, or
as the minister of a
congagation, smoke cigerettes, ride motorcycles without helmets, eat my self
to a heart attack at McDs, enjoy Howard Stern, limiting reserch on stem
cells,In short if your decission is based on advancing the comands of your
God your decisions are subject
if your decision are based on letting people run thier own peaceful lives
then you are not forcing your god on me

not if you vote to use my tax money to advance people to follow your faith,
as in faith based initative
as long as you are not dictate what is right and wrong to me , I will not do
that to you
I promise to not establish any demand that you follow my "god", I respect
you to offer me the same choice
George

---

Blind Joni

so is it the thought that counts?

No, it's doing what you say.

so the best you can do is TRY
there is no sit or stand
only try to sit or try to stand
in the end you will be what the resultsof your trying produced(what you did)

George, if you keep trying to frame what I say in terms you already understand
this exercise is a waste of time. The point is there is a great deal in our own
lives..everyone's life..that we don't even know is possible. There are things
that I know..I know how to drive a car..etc. There are things that I know that
I do not know..I know that I can't perform brain surgury..etc. And there are a
whole world of things that I don't know that I don't know because I'm not aware
of them. So when I try to define everyhting in terms of what I know I am
limited by my own experience. If you really examine the "try" scenario I think
you will see my point. People don't succeed by chosing to try and do somehting
...they chose to do it and then either succeed or fail.
John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
George Gleason

Here is someone who succeded at doin as God commanded her:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...20040403/ap_on
_re_us/children_slain

George

---

reddred

"Blind Joni" wrote in message

Maybe. I was just trying to clarify that the majority of Christians in

the
world see things differently than do faith-based American churches.

Interesting, unfortunatly I do not have the experiance of seeing other

than
the way it was brought to me here in the states

And these organizations over the years have caused a lot of the evil

George
speaks of. This is one reason for the resurgence of faith based churches

here
in the states. The Bible has been twisted because in many religions the
everyday folk weren't allowed to interpret it for themselves. They were
dictated to by elders who usually had vested interests in their own power.

That's a downside of more traditional churches. The upside is, it DOES
matter what you do, it does matter whether you are full of it or whether you
proceed with humility and charity. Repentance isn't enough to be saved, you
are really already saved, what is necessary is pennance and service.

jb

reddred

"Blind Joni" wrote in message
Christianity is based on faith..not acts.

Certain types of -protestant- christainity are based on faith, not

acts.

I was raised Catholic and for 18 years learned almost nothing about the

Bible
itself. The Bible states that faith is the determining factor..simply

stated
in Romans 1...as well as many other places.

That's interesting... not being Roman Catholic or having gone to Catholic
school, my knowledge is based on study of theology and 'catholic approved'
translations of the Bible. I'm guessing you are talking about a period of
time before Vatican II?

jb

WillStG

"George Gleason"
Here is someone who succeded at doin as God commanded her:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...20040403/ap_on
_re_us/children_slain

That you would equate this mentally ill woman who killed her kids to
followers of your former Catholic Faith as if they are morally equivalent is
really really pathetic George. Sometimes I wonder if you are even sober half
the time. Blaming God/religion for the evil of man, dead or alive, is as
disingenous for you to do as for her. And even if she heard voices telling her
to do that, that doesn't excuse evil acts that you know are wrong, no matter
who your dead Uncle Fester is claiming to be, God, Jesus, Moses, whomever...

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News

George

In article ,
ospam (WillStG) wrote:

"George Gleason"

Here is someone who succeded at doin as God commanded her:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...20040403/ap_on
_re_us/children_slain

That you would equate this mentally ill woman who killed her kids to
followers of your former Catholic Faith as if they are morally equivalent is
really really pathetic George. Sometimes I wonder if you are even sober half
the time. Blaming God/religion for the evil of man, dead or alive, is as
disingenous for you to do as for her. And even if she heard voices telling
her
to do that, that doesn't excuse evil acts that you know are wrong, no matter
who your dead Uncle Fester is claiming to be, God, Jesus, Moses, whomever...

The point is your fo;;owing a god that is no more real than her god
but you expect me to belive in your god and find her mentally ill for
believing in her god
I think it is all mental illness
Kill a few children or have god bless our dirty little war I fail to be
able to find the diffrence
George
George

In article
,
George wrote:

In article ,
ospam (WillStG) wrote:

"George Gleason"

Here is someone who succeded at doin as God commanded her:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...20040403/ap_on
_re_us/children_slain

That you would equate this mentally ill woman who killed her kids to
followers of your former Catholic Faith as if they are morally equivalent
is
really really pathetic George. Sometimes I wonder if you are even sober
half
the time. Blaming God/religion for the evil of man, dead or alive, is as
disingenous for you to do as for her. And even if she heard voices telling
her
to do that, that doesn't excuse evil acts that you know are wrong, no
matter
who your dead Uncle Fester is claiming to be, God, Jesus, Moses,
whomever...

The fact is , if there was no belief in the god myth these children
would still be alive
George