Rick

Default Bose and KEF Speaker Owner's Opinion Wanted

Hello,

I'm having a major dilemma, between Bose AM10 and KEF KHT2005. I have
heard mixed messages about both Bose and KEF, goods and bads. However,
most of the positive feedbacks go to KEF. Honestly, a novice like me,
I can't really tell which one is better in terms of sound quality. But
I do like the appearance of Bose's AM10, compare to KEF's KHT2005.

I'm about to go buy the speakers next weekend. Can someone please,
please give some some final advices. My decision is still 50/50 as of
now, and hopefully this posting will help me decide better. Thanks in
advance.

-Rick
chris

"Rick" wrote in message
[...]

I don't own the KEF but in comparison with them and my Bro's AM's I
found the 2005 lacking in detail this was noticed when watching DTS
Planet of the Apes the pod crash scene.
The shale that the pod crashes through lacked definition and sounded
flat like mud hitting the pod but on the bose you could differentiate
between the mud and shale hitting the pod the effect was quite
pronounced. We then listened to the scene again on set of Bostons and
they placed the scene realistically you again could hear both the mud
and shale.
So the 2005 were dropped from my short list.

The Bose's do have a hole around the 125-175Hz as well, so whilst the
direct-reflecting is nice in avoiding the "sweetspot" it to has its
problems. (and no this is not a excuse to start threads about bose
being ...)

I and my Bro also listed to the same movie scene, at a different time,
on the Gallos setup our 1st impressions were that it sucked, that was
until the sub was changed out for a REL and then they sung "WOW" was
the reaction. We heard even more detail in that scene than was
revealed by either the AM's or the Bostons. Shame that my fund didn't
extend to the cost of that system. So I bought the Canton CD1 setup
instead, it was cheaper than the bose with no holes and alot cheaper
than the Bostons, it is reasonably (as) detailed. but the gallo's
definitely beat all the small sat's
Well that my 10 pence worth. I hope it helps.

Now donning hardhat and flackjacket for use of the 4 letter b word.

Dan Ritter

In article , Rick wrote:
I'm having a major dilemma, between Bose AM10 and KEF KHT2005. I have
heard mixed messages about both Bose and KEF, goods and bads. However,
most of the positive feedbacks go to KEF. Honestly, a novice like me,
I can't really tell which one is better in terms of sound quality. But
I do like the appearance of Bose's AM10, compare to KEF's KHT2005.

I'm about to go buy the speakers next weekend. Can someone please,
please give some some final advices. My decision is still 50/50 as of
now, and hopefully this posting will help me decide better. Thanks in
advance.

Go and buy both on your credit card. Listen to them both. If one makes
you happier, return the other one. If you can't decide, return the more
expensive one.

-dsr-

Steven Sullivan

Rick wrote:
Hello,

I'm having a major dilemma, between Bose AM10 and KEF KHT2005. I have
heard mixed messages about both Bose and KEF, goods and bads. However,
most of the positive feedbacks go to KEF. Honestly, a novice like me,
I can't really tell which one is better in terms of sound quality. But
I do like the appearance of Bose's AM10, compare to KEF's KHT2005.

If they sound no different to you, quality-wise, you should buy the
ones that please your more in other respects: the Bose.

Note that speakers may sound quite different in your
home environment, than they did in the showroom. Make sure you have
a good return policy in case you change your mind.

--

-S.

"They've got God on their side. All we've got is science and reason."
-- Dawn Hulsey, Talent Director