Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Bose Triport Headphones. Thoughts.

Hello everybody,

I was wondering what people on here thought of the basic Bose Triport
Heaphones and how they compare to say the Sennheiser HD650 which are
supposedly the top of the line as far as headphones go.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards
Jean-Francois Michaud
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Jean-François Michaud

Andy Katz wrote:
On 25 Feb 2006 17:37:34 GMT, wrote:

Hello everybody,

I was wondering what people on here thought of the basic Bose Triport
Heaphones and how they compare to say the Sennheiser HD650 which are
supposedly the top of the line as far as headphones go.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I have no experience with the Bose save for casual try-outs at the
store, but no one I know of prefers the Triport over a high-end Senn.

As for the 650 being top of the line ... hmmm. I'm a Grado fiend
myself. I had a pair of Senn 595s, but I sold them. They weren't bad,
just not inspired to me. As I type this I'm listening to Kind of Blue
on SACD with my Grado RS1 powered by a Perreaux Silhouette headphone
amp. I'd put this combination up against the 650 any day.

Great! Thank you much for that bit. I checked out the RS1's and they do
look interresting. I guess I'd have to sample sound of a few of them to
know, but I'm guessing thats going to be difficult to find all those in
the same store.

I will look into the Perreaux Silhouette also!

AKG also makes some exceptional headphones, in particular the 701 and
271s.

The Sony MDR SA5000 is another contender for decently-priced king of
headphones.

Then you've got your IEMs....

What are IEM's?

If you really want some detailed discussion and feedback regarding
various mid to high-end 'phones try looking on
http://www.headfi.org

I will look into it. Thank you much again!

Regards
Jean-Francois Michaud