Bryan McGivney

Default Dynaco SCA-35 best value in tube amp? others?

Tax refund is coming back and I might have a chance to get an amp. I really
kinda want to get a complete kit and build one myself but it looks like the
ones I'd like are more money that I'm going to be able to spend. So maybe
I'll get something off eBay or at one of the audio shops around town. I'm
sorta looking at the mentioned Dynaco SCA-35. It looks like they sell for
around $150 or a bit more on eBay. About how much more would it cost for
parts to recondition it a bit? This seems like a good value. Am I off my
rocker? Are there better values out there? Anybody got an SCA-35 they would
like to sell inexpensively to an aspiring tubaholic?

TIA,
Bryan

New Account

"Bryan McGivney" wrote in message
Tax refund is coming back and I might have a chance to get an amp. I

really
kinda want to get a complete kit and build one myself but it looks like

the
ones I'd like are more money that I'm going to be able to spend. So maybe
I'll get something off eBay or at one of the audio shops around town. I'm
sorta looking at the mentioned Dynaco SCA-35. It looks like they sell for
around $150 or a bit more on eBay. About how much more would it cost for
parts to recondition it a bit? This seems like a good value. Am I off my
rocker? Are there better values out there? Anybody got an SCA-35 they

would
like to sell inexpensively to an aspiring tubaholic?

TIA,
Bryan

Here is one option for you:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&since=-1&rd=1

--
Remember:
Religion kills. Think before you believe.

Bryan McGivney

Yeah, I like the looks of that but if I was going to do one of those I think
I'd want to use all new parts and on the diytube web site it says around
$300 - $350. That's not outside the realm of possibilities but that is only
an amp so I'd still need some sort of preamp and that'd drive costs up even
further. I like the though of new construction because your not inheriting
someone else's abuse or neglect. But I also like the "integrated" SCA-35 and
the fact that it looks like I could be into one for not to much money and
still have some left to tinker or mod.

Bryan
"New Account" wrote in message

[...]

New Account

No need for a preamp if you ain't playing records. Your 2nd
message seems to indicate that you might be more suited to a
sca-35 which can be had on ebay for approx. $200.

Do a google search for "dynaco sca-35" for many mods and
parts soutrces and ideas.