Default bitrates

I am learning more and more about mp3's, but do want to learn about the
bitrates, too. I frequent a shoutcast radio station that plays at a
bitrate of 56k. Is there any possible way to download songs from said
station, and change the bitrate of the songs so they sound close to cd
quality?

thanks for any help!

Rick

Dennis Moore

www.hydrogenaudio.com

Best info on bit rates and such.

You cannot really improve on the MP3. If info has been compromised
in the encoding you cannot put back lost info, resolution etc.

Dennis