Posted to rec.audio.tech
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

Default Anybody seen any USB3.0 A/D or DAW interface equipment yet?

I expect that this format will kill-off Firewire, but I haven't seen any yet.
Has anyone?

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Audio Empire" wrote in message
.com...
I expect that this format will kill-off Firewire, but I haven't seen any

yet.
Has anyone?

I doubt there will be a rush for such equipment until a few people actually
have computers with the interface. I bet the first popular usage that will
drive consumer take up, will be for external hard drives rather than audio
interfaces. Even then the only real benefit over eSata is hot swapping. But
eSata isn't very common, and I expect USB3 will be more popular.

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Kevin McMurtrie[_3_] Kevin McMurtrie[_3_] is offline

In article ,
Audio Empire wrote:

I expect that this format will kill-off Firewire, but I haven't seen any yet.
Has anyone?

I wouldn't want to be cutting-edge on this one. The USB 3 design is
cumbersome so it's possible that another technology will be the
successor to current interconnects before USB 3 catches on. Microsoft,
Apple, and Intel seem to be dragging their feet. Intel is working on
Light Peak even though they're a USB technology contributor.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 22:00:44 -0700, Kevin McMurtrie wrote
(in article ):

In article ,
Audio Empire wrote:

I expect that this format will kill-off Firewire, but I haven't seen any
yet.
Has anyone?

I wouldn't want to be cutting-edge on this one. The USB 3 design is
cumbersome so it's possible that another technology will be the
successor to current interconnects before USB 3 catches on. Microsoft,
Apple, and Intel seem to be dragging their feet. Intel is working on
Light Peak even though they're a USB technology contributor.

That seems reasonable. There has been talk about USB3 for several years now,
with little movement from anybody (although, I understand that several MB
manufacturers are including the hardware on some boards, I don't believe that
Win 7 actually supports the standard yet (I could be wrong here as I don't
"do" Windows. But seems to me that I read somewhere that USB3 support is not
part of the OS).

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Geoff Geoff is offline

Kevin McMurtrie wrote:
In article ,
Audio Empire wrote:

I expect that this format will kill-off Firewire, but I haven't seen
any yet. Has anyone?

I wouldn't want to be cutting-edge on this one. The USB 3 design is
cumbersome so it's possible that another technology will be the
successor to current interconnects before USB 3 catches on.
Microsoft, Apple, and Intel seem to be dragging their feet. Intel is
working on Light Peak even though they're a USB technology
contributor.

Naa, I'll wait for USB5

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 13:43:43 -0700, geoff wrote
(in article ) :

Kevin McMurtrie wrote:
In article ,
Audio Empire wrote:

I expect that this format will kill-off Firewire, but I haven't seen
any yet. Has anyone?

I wouldn't want to be cutting-edge on this one. The USB 3 design is
cumbersome so it's possible that another technology will be the
successor to current interconnects before USB 3 catches on.
Microsoft, Apple, and Intel seem to be dragging their feet. Intel is
working on Light Peak even though they're a USB technology
contributor.

Naa, I'll wait for USB5

geoff

Since USB3 has been "on the horizon" for what seems like forever, you've a
long wait for USB5!

8^)

Interface log jam Dewittian Pro Audio 2 December 17th 07 04:08 PM
USB Interface James Lambert Pro Audio 4 March 14th 07 01:57 PM
24/96 Interface for PDA Jonny Durango Pro Audio 3 August 16th 05 10:29 PM
Why should I choose an "M-Audio" interface over a "Pro-Tools" interface??? yish313 Pro Audio 10 January 21st 05 01:34 PM
AES 3 interface Gregory Haley Pro Audio 2 July 7th 04 12:11 PM