Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

Default Arny ! Why don't you STFU ?

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 18:17:54 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

I'm not. You took a nice exchange that we had yesterday
and turned it into a "battle" today. I don't know why.

Jenn, you started off on the wrong foot with your demanding attitude and
bigotry.

Yes, Jenn, stop demanding that Arnie be reasonable. It's not fair.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:29:49 GMT, Jenn
wrote:

I have no such attitude, Arny. I simply have stated my opinion that
synths never sound like acoustic instruments in my opinion.

And in everyone else's, I suggest.

I suspect that you
are more likely to make friends with people who play acoustic instruments.
Therefore, your statement is true for you, but not relevant to most people.

Yes, it is relevant to most people. Feel free to contact Local 47 of
the AFM to learn how many hours are contracted weekly for film and TV
recordings sessions.

Jenn, I beleive that you have said on several occasions that you don't watch
a lot of TV. IOW, you have no idea about mainsteam media use of musical
instruments.

Arny, the one doesn't logically follow the other.

Arny, why, after one day of insult-free posts to me, do you now return
to your former form?

There was a day of insult-free posts?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On 18 Oct 2006 10:40:35 -0700, "
wrote:

you have no judgement to keep silent about subjects you know nothing
about.

Yep, that about says it all.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in
message

You do understand that TV scores are recorded at
Hollywood studios, don't you?

Wrong. I know that some TV scores are recorded at
Hollywood studios and that others are recorded
elsewhere.

My estimation is that something on the order of over 95%
of TV scores are recorded in Hollywood. If you have
evidence to the contrary, feel free to present it.

This is one of the most ignorant things that Jenn has ever posted on RAO,
BTW. By saying this Jenn ignores the existance of any country in the world
but the US, and completely ignores the fact that there is any state in the
union but California.

My estimate is that 55% or more of all TV scores are
recorded outside of Los Angeles county. If you have
evidence to the contrary, feel free to present it.

Letsee there are all the TV scores that are recorded in China, India,
Europe, Canada, and just the rest of the US. Only 5% of the total? LOL!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote in message
oups.com
Arny Krueger wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

A lot, yes. But the majority of soundtrack material
in all media is still acoustic. Many of my friends
make their livings from such playing on acoustic
instruments.

Given your hysterical attitude about sythed music Jenn,

I have no such attitude, Arny. I simply have stated my
opinion that synths never sound like acoustic
instruments in my opinion.

No Jenn, you just wrote that you are distracted by
listening to synthed instruments.

You wrote:

"To ME they are distracting, as they sound so unlike
acoustic instruments that they are trying to imitate,
but that's just me"

Saying that this discomfort is so great that:

"If I were to take such tests as yours, I would look for
one that uses files of acoustic instruments."

IOW, you feel that you can't listen critically and
comfortably for audible differences between audio
products if the music being listened does not come from
acoustic instruments.

IMO, that's pretty hysterical, particularly given the
tremendous amount of synthed music that is used in
popular media that you say you rarely listen to. It's
possible that one reason why you don't watch much TV is
that you might not be able to listen carefully to say,
the dialog when synthed instruments are used in the
background. Or, perhaps if you try to watch a news show,
the use of a synthed instrument in the introduction
might upset you so that you don't get the editorial
content.

====================================

Let's agree. You listen to gorgeous background, synthed
music on TV. etc and Jenny and I (I hope I'm not speaking
on her behalf without permission) listen to Monteverdi (
do you still confuse him with Giuseppe Verdi?).

Total BS.

I have not the slightest inclination to criticise your
choices - you have overwhelming majority with you if
that's any comfort. You in turn lay off talking rubbish
about the merits or demerits of reproduction of acoustic
instrumental music.

No reason to, as I listen to plenty of that, as well. I probably listen to
more live acoustic music by accident than you listen to on purpose.

You've given overpowering evidence
that you have neither the ear nor the knowledge.

BS

Worse you have no judgement to keep silent about subjects you
know nothing about.

You've provided many of us with incredibly humorous examples of your ability
to do the same, Ludo.

You're just a 1430 messages diversion.

It takes two to tango, Ludo. I don't respond to every message that I'm
targeted with. If there's 1430 messages in this thread, at least 700 of
them were written by someone else.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

I have no such attitude, Arny. I simply have stated my
opinion that synths never sound like acoustic
instruments in my opinion.

And in everyone else's, I suggest.

And exactly where did I disagree with this, Paul?

Quit making up straw men!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:21:27 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

paul packer wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Bill Riel" wrote in message

While I have no desire to get embroiled in any of this
silliness, I do think it's pretty strange for you to
accuse Jenn of hysteria.

Jenn's got a number of issues that she is err, very strongly emotionally
attached to. One of them relates to her perceptions of inherent sonic
problems with CDs, and another relates to problems she has listening
critically to music made by synthesizers.

Why would anyone want to listen critically to music made by
synthesizers?

I was probably very popular in the 70s !

Graham

Were you? What did you do?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Fella Fella is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

Worse you have no judgement to keep silent about subjects you
know nothing about.

You've provided many of us with incredibly humorous examples... bla bla

When you say "us" Arny how many of you are you talking about? AFAICS
there is no one siding with you in this forum nowadays.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Fella Fella is offline

wrote:

paul packer wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Bill Riel" wrote in message

While I have no desire to get embroiled in any of this
silliness, I do think it's pretty strange for you to
accuse Jenn of hysteria.

Jenn's got a number of issues that she is err, very strongly emotionally
attached to. One of them relates to her perceptions of inherent sonic
problems with CDs, and another relates to problems she has listening
critically to music made by synthesizers.

Why would anyone want to listen critically to music made by
synthesizers?

I was probably very popular in the 70s !

Graham

Were you? What did you do?

He gets these twenty year olds and married women on his doorstep
begging for some manhandling only on occasion these days. Whereas in the
"70s !" they were forming a line starting at his doorstep running around
the block. Some would come over to the big wait with their own tents,
cooking utensils, etc. They'd start screaming hysterically and they'd be
tearing all their clothes off when they'd just see him walking by, in
the "70s !"
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Fella" wrote in message

AFAICS there is no one siding with you in this
forum nowadays.

Never has been, really. It's the high price of being the only person posting
here with a brain. Worse now than ever. Sort of like being a mental Gulliver
in the land of intellectual Lilliputians.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Fella Fella is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Fella" wrote in message

AFAICS there is no one siding with you in this
forum nowadays.

Never has been, really. It's the high price of being the only person posting
here with a brain.

OH ****! I don't have a brain?!? What happened to it? Where is it? Lemme
do some phone calls, ask around arn-ol'chum, I'll get back to you on
this one.

Man with no brain manages to go on livong. If you can call this living.
Yeah I know, been there, done dat. Yawn.

Sort of like being a mental Gulliver
in the land of intellectual Lilliputians.

This has got to be a classic. George! George!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

paul packer said:

problems she has listening
critically to music made by synthesizers.

Why would anyone want to listen critically to music made by
synthesizers?

If you have to ask that question, you'll never get admitted to the Hive.

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

paul packer said:

I said that nowhere in the post you responded to, Jenn. Why are you
obsessing on this?

Jenn is obsessing?

Anybody who continues trying to "debate" the Krooborg is obsessing. At
least by poor, sick Arnii's standards.

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Eeyore said:

I was probably very popular in the 70s !

Is that an admission that all those pretty young things you were
boasting of are really hookers?

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

paul packer said:

you have no judgement to keep silent about subjects you know nothing
about.

Yep, that about says it all.

If Scottie Terrierborg offered to lead a sensitivity and tolerance
seminar, would you hire him?

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

It's that "mind share" bugbear again.

AFAICS there is no one siding with you in this
forum nowadays.

Never has been, really. It's the high price of being the only person posting
here with a brain. Worse now than ever. Sort of like being a mental Gulliver
in the land of intellectual Lilliputians.

I think I see the pattern.... The fewer the number of humans who
apologize for the Krooborg, the smarter he is. It's the same kind of
"logic" that Krooger uses to apologize for aBxism: The fewer the number
of validations of the torture box, the greater the chance it's
infallible.

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast
[dot] net wrote in message

paul packer said:

problems she has listening
critically to music made by synthesizers.

Why would anyone want to listen critically to music made
by synthesizers?

If you have to ask that question, you'll never get
admitted to the Hive.

He'd fail the brain check at the door on the grounds of total absence.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

BrainlessBorg strains to hear the sound of emptiness.

Why would anyone want to listen critically to music made
by synthesizers?

If you have to ask that question, you'll never get
admitted to the Hive.

He'd fail the brain check at the door on the grounds of total absence.

Arnii, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you're only supposed
to check your brain while you're actually inside the Hive. When you
leave, you're supposed to redeem your brain with the check ticket. (And
don't forget to leave a tip for the checker 'borg. A small Krooturd from
your pocket stash would be a nominal tip.)

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

wrote:

I have no such attitude, Arny. I simply have stated my opinion that
synths never sound like acoustic instruments in my opinion.

And in everyone else's, I suggest.

Arny's agnostic on this point don't forget !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

If there's 1430 messages in this thread, at least 700 of
them were written by someone else.

Some*ONE* ????

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

"George M. Middius" wrote:

Eeyore said:

I was probably very popular in the 70s !

Is that an admission that all those pretty young things you were
boasting of are really hookers?

Eh ? Can you explain the tortured thinking connecting A and B here ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

"Jenn" wrote in
message

om
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in
message

.com

You do understand that TV scores are recorded at
Hollywood studios, don't you?

Wrong. I know that some TV scores are recorded at
Hollywood studios and that others are recorded
elsewhere.

My estimation is that something on the order of over 95%
of TV scores are recorded in Hollywood. If you have
evidence to the contrary, feel free to present it.

This is one of the most ignorant things that Jenn has ever posted on RAO,
BTW. By saying this Jenn ignores the existance of any country in the world
but the US,

I was speaking of the U.S.

and completely ignores the fact that there is any state in the
union but California.

Not at all. But nearly all TV scores are done in Hollywood. It's just
a fact.

My estimate is that 55% or more of all TV scores are
recorded outside of Los Angeles county. If you have
evidence to the contrary, feel free to present it.

Letsee there are all the TV scores that are recorded in China, India,
Europe, Canada,

I was speaking of the U.S.

and just the rest of the US. Only 5% of the total? LOL!

Laugh on, but almost all TV scores are recorded in Hollywood. Even a
great deal of the music for your local hardware store commercials are
recorded in Hollywood. Others are done locally, but much local stuff is
done in Hollywood.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Poopie said:

I was probably very popular in the 70s !

Is that an admission that all those pretty young things you were
boasting of are really hookers?

Eh ? Can you explain the tortured thinking connecting A and B here ?

I can, but it's obvious, so why should I?

Maybe the element you're missing, from the depths of your autistic murk,
is that I'm making fun of you. Hmm?

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

"Jenn" wrote in
message

om
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in
message

.com

[...]

Oh, you just started thinking about your claim?

and just the rest of the US. Only 5% of the total? LOL!

Laugh on, but almost all TV scores are recorded in
Hollywood.

Unsupported assertions noted.

Even a great deal of the music for your local
hardware store commercials are recorded in Hollywood.

My local hardware stores don't run commercials.

Others are done locally, but much local stuff is done in
Hollywood.

Or New York, or Chicago or wherever.

These days there's no technical justification for localizing the production
of commercials to any particular piece of geography, like there once may
have been.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in
message
Arny Krueger wrote:

If there's 1430 messages in this thread, at least 700 of
them were written by someone else.

Some*ONE* ????

There are over a dozen different posters. In the first 100 posts, I'm
responsible for less than 20%. You've got at least 12%.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

I have no such attitude, Arny. I simply have stated my
opinion that synths never sound like acoustic
instruments in my opinion.

And in everyone else's, I suggest.

Arny's agnostic on this point don't forget !

Short memory plaguing you again, Graham?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
paul packer wrote:
Jenn wrote:

I have no such attitude, Arny. I simply have stated my
opinion that synths never sound like acoustic
instruments in my opinion.

And in everyone else's, I suggest.

Arny's agnostic on this point don't forget !

Short memory plaguing you again, Graham?

Have you changed your position ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in
message
Arny Krueger wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
paul packer wrote:
Jenn wrote:

I have no such attitude, Arny. I simply have stated
my opinion that synths never sound like acoustic
instruments in my opinion.

And in everyone else's, I suggest.

Arny's agnostic on this point don't forget !

Short memory plaguing you again, Graham?

Have you changed your position ?

On what?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Fella" wrote in message

AFAICS there is no one siding with you in this
forum nowadays.

Never has been, really. It's the high price of being the only person posting
here with a brain. Worse now than ever. Sort of like being a mental Gulliver
in the land of intellectual Lilliputians.

Arny says:
Never has been, really. It's the high price of being the only person posting
here with a brain. Worse now than ever. Sort of like being a mental Gulliver
in the land of intellectual Lilliputians

Why would a Gulliver continue spending half of his waking time amongst
Liliputians? Is he bent on martyrdom? Why doesn't he want to enlighten
a more deserving group? Rec. music. classical? Audio Asylum? Rec.
philosophy? Rec. humanities?

In an earlier posting he answers my factual statement::

You've given overpowering evidence
that you have neither the ear nor the knowledge.

Arny grunts:
BS

Well, let's see:
Ear first:
He recommends equalisers - any equalisers- as a solution for poor
records. He never noticed how most of them degrade the sound..
He praises his ABX test that makes comparing components a joke because
it stupefies listeners into NOT hearing differences between anything
and anything else.

Now knowledge:
He never heard of the greatest of the prebaroque composers Claudio
Monteverdi and confuses him with Giuseppe Verdi who lived three
centuries later.

Curtain. Awaiting next act.
Ludovic Mirabel

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

"Jenn" wrote in
message

.c
om
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in
message

gy
.com

[...]

Nope.

and just the rest of the US. Only 5% of the total? LOL!

Laugh on, but almost all TV scores are recorded in
Hollywood.

Unsupported assertions noted.

Arny, when a super player or singer wants to make a career doing TV
and/or movies, they move to L.A. Take a look at the AFM Newsletter.
Where are the contractors located for TV/movie work? How many people
contract for TV/movies in Chicago? In NYC? In Detroit? How many
people are making their living gigging for TV/movies in those cities?

Even a great deal of the music for your local
hardware store commercials are recorded in Hollywood.

My local hardware stores don't run commercials.

Well, that settles that I guess.

Others are done locally, but much local stuff is done in
Hollywood.

Or New York, or Chicago or wherever.

See above.

These days there's no technical justification for localizing the production
of commercials to any particular piece of geography, like there once may
have been.

But there are MUSICAL and LABOR reasons. The "machine" is located in
Hollywood. The players are in Hollywood. The contractors are in
Hollywood. You're arguing a silly point.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

You're arguing a silly point.

Jenn snot point-and-shoot machine is at it again!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote in message
ups.com
Arny Krueger wrote:
"Fella" wrote in message

AFAICS there is no one siding with you in this
forum nowadays.

Never has been, really. It's the high price of being the
only person posting here with a brain. Worse now than
ever. Sort of like being a mental Gulliver in the land
of intellectual Lilliputians.

Arny says:

Never has been, really. It's the high price of being the
only person posting here with a brain. Worse now than
ever. Sort of like being a mental Gulliver in the land
of intellectual Lilliputians

Why would a Gulliver continue spending half of his waking
time amongst Liliputians?

In the book, Gulliver spent *all* his waking time while in Lilliput among
the Liliputians.

Why doesn't he want to enlighten a more deserving group?

I'm surprized that you would be this forthright about admitting your own
personal worthlessness, Mirabel.

Rec. music. classical? Audio Asylum? Rec. philosophy? Rec.
humanities?

In an earlier posting he answers my factual statement::

You've given overpowering evidence
that you have neither the ear nor the knowledge.

Arny grunts:
BS

Well, let's see:

Ear first:
He recommends equalisers - any equalisers- as a solution
for poor records. He never noticed how most of them
degrade the sound..

Sweeping generalities like that could only refer to the nuts that hold the
controls.

He praises his ABX test that makes comparing components a
joke because it stupefies listeners into NOT hearing
differences between anything and anything else.

Opinion stated as fact.

Now knowledge:
He never heard of the greatest of the prebaroque
composers Claudio Monteverdi and confuses him with
Giuseppe Verdi who lived three centuries later.

May God help you if you make a trivial reading mistake when Ludo is around
trying to thow a smokescreen over his own weirdness.