Jean Marie MATHIEU

Default MBHO matched pair

Here is my recent experience with MBHO :
I bought a few years ago a pair of omni (KA100D) and cardio (KA200)
caps in France to record classical concerts with Jecklin disk and
ORTF. The seller didn't offer matched pair. The omni pair was really
not matched. I sended it back and the new pair was better, but... For
the price, i thought i couln't have something better. The cardio pair
was almost matched but noisy. I lived with this and rented KM184
sometimes...

This automn, i'll have some critical recordings, so this summer I
contacted Amptec in Germany witch is the MBHO partner. With the
agreement of M.Haun of MBHO, they just advise me to send my caps
directly to MBHO. I did that. Two weeks later I received my four caps
from MBHO. It was the same caps, but all the membranes have been
changed. I tried them (violin, piano, voices, measurements...) . It
was like night and day... the two pairs are matched within 2 db on all
the band-width, the noise is very low and similar for all caps and
moreover the tone is flatter and more natural. All that for 13 euros
(sending cost) and with a delay of 15 days.

Thanks to M.Haun (i sould have do that earlier...).

Jean-Marie