Gian Luca Specchia

Default sanken cos 11

Anyone knows this kind of microphons and how they works?????

Scott Dorsey

Gian Luca Specchia wrote:
Anyone knows this kind of microphons and how they works?????

It is a boundary microphone. The Crown website will have some information
on how PZMs and other boundary mikes work.

Bob Smith

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Gian Luca Specchia wrote:
Anyone knows this kind of microphons and how they works?????

It is a boundary microphone. The Crown website will have some information
on how PZMs and other boundary mikes work.
--scott

Scott pretty much knows everything but I think he may be thinking of a
different model in this case. The Sanken COS-11 is a back-electret
omnidirectional condenser. The mic body is very small, approximately 3mm
dia x 20mm long. 3 meter cable to P48 in line XLR power module. It has a
fairly flat response with a bump of 5 dB at 6-7 kHz.

noise 28 dB SPL IEC 179
sensitivity 17.8 mV/1Pa
max SPL 127 dB @ 1.0% THD
impedance 180 ohms
S/N 66 dB IEC 179

There are other variations available with differing specs for SPL vs
sensitivity. I've used these where one needs a relatively decent omni
but must keep the mics almost invisible to avoid audience distractions.

bobs

Bob Smith
BS Studios
we organize chaos
http://www.bsstudios.com
Eric Toline

The Sanken boundry layer mic is the CUB-1 and it's become the defacto
standard PZM/BL choice in the film sound side.

The Sanken COS-11 is a lavalier mic that's become the lav du jour in the
film/TV sound
camps.

Eric

Scott Dorsey

Bob Smith wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:

Gian Luca Specchia wrote:
Anyone knows this kind of microphons and how they works?????

It is a boundary microphone. The Crown website will have some information
on how PZMs and other boundary mikes work.

Scott pretty much knows everything but I think he may be thinking of a
different model in this case.

Oops! You're right, I was thinking of the CUB-01 which came out at about
the same time. The COS-11 is indeed the new lav mike.