Mirek

Default Soundesigner II - where do I find it?

Hi Group,

I have been (unsuccessfully) trying to locate Digi's Soundesigner II
software. I am aware that Digi had discontinued it a while ago, and
that it is no longer available through them. Any ideas or suggestions
where I may locate it will be greatly appreciated. I'd like to pair it
with AM III card on an older PM9600.

Thanks, Mirek
david

I have a copy I would sell you (provided I could find it) But you may
want to check out Bias Peak...
see12mic
(Mirek) wrote in message
m...
Hi Group,

I have been (unsuccessfully) trying to locate Digi's Soundesigner II
software. I am aware that Digi had discontinued it a while ago, and
that it is no longer available through them. Any ideas or suggestions
where I may locate it will be greatly appreciated. I'd like to pair it
with AM III card on an older PM9600.

Thanks, Mirek

I just got a replacement disk from Digi last week. I'm a registered
user who needed a floppy for an authorized install and they sent it no
charge.

Give them a call and tell them you need it for your AM III card. If
they won't sell it to you, keep your eye on ebay. I believe some AM III
cards shipped with SD. So maybe try that angle instead.

If not, there's always ebay. Remember, the program floppy you get has
to have an authorization on it or else you'll have to slide in the
floppy in every time to boot the software. The software is copy
protected.

In my opinion, SD is much better than Peak. First of all, it doesn't
crash. Second of all, it doesn't crash. Get the SD manual as well and
learn how to drop markers and use the Playlist. The program is easy to
master. There may be a PDF file of the manual either at the Digi site
or somewhere on the Net - try Google.

The best thing about SD is that you can trust it with your hard earned
final mixes. And spend hours banging on it.

Next, you def should get Digidesign's MasterlistCD. Burns Cd's with PQ
subcodes and works beautifully with SD created files, regions and
playlists.

It's another fantastic, solid app! If you can't buy it from from Digi -
it wasn't cheap - MLCD shows up on ebay. The last version was 2.4.
You'll also need a specific model scsi burner (eg the Yamaha's - the
info is on their website) to work with it. I have my recording students
buy these scsi burners for $20 on ebay. MLCD is also copy protected
with the need for a floppy with authorizations. Or you can boot the
software with the floppy each time, but that's a pita.

SD and MLCD are imo an unsurpassed duo for editing mono/stereo files
and burning pro CD's. Hope you can get yours hands on this software
since you already have the hardware to run them. We still 3 older PCI
Macs around just to run these two apps. As you can tell, I highly
recommend them.

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

www.CelebrationSound.com

Mirek

(Mirek) wrote in message
[...]

Big thanks for all your suggestions David! I have been looking for
SDII and ML on e-bay for quiet sometime, but so far no luck. You may
be right - I'll give Digi a call and see if they can dig up a copy or
two for me.

Mirek

noctilux

I have the full deal - SDII-SK with disks and manuals and everything.
I'd like to help you out somehow. I'm a bit misty about giving it
away... maybe a loan? I dunno. E-mail me.

dewdney

at

com

cast