B Todd

Default Room Too Live For VO... any tricks out there?

Hi All

I went to a different studio than usual because of scheduling conflicts, and
got back to my editing room only to find out my VO tracks have a bit too
much room reflection in them for my taste. Anyone know how I might deaden
the sound of the track a bit?

Many Thanks,

Brian

Arny Krueger

B Todd wrote:
Hi All

I went to a different studio than usual because of scheduling
conflicts, and got back to my editing room only to find out my VO
tracks have a bit too much room reflection in them for my taste.
Anyone know how I might deaden the sound of the track a bit?

Fix the room, but you already knew that.

Scott Dorsey

B Todd wrote:

I went to a different studio than usual because of scheduling conflicts, and
got back to my editing room only to find out my VO tracks have a bit too
much room reflection in them for my taste. Anyone know how I might deaden
the sound of the track a bit?

Use less compression, or fiddle around with the tail of the compression curve
if you have a box that will let you do that.
Blind Joni

much room reflection in them for my taste. Anyone know how I might deaden
the sound of the track a bit

Copy the track..reverse the phase and put a ducker on the copied track. this
will
cause the out of phase tail to swell up after the spoken word is done...and
hopefully cancel the room sound...adjustments will probably be needed.
Just an idea to try.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.