Posted to rec.audio.pro
brassplyer brassplyer is offline

Default Mono or stereo?

The album this is from is called Harry James In Hi-Fi. Does this sound like mono or stereo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnr9TNqPJ70
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Brassplyer wrote:

-----------------

The album this is from is called Harry James In Hi-Fi.
Does this sound like mono or stereo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnr9TNqPJ70

** Comes up "Not available"

..... Phil
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 08/06/2017 08:49, Brassplyer wrote:
The album this is from is called Harry James In Hi-Fi. Does this sound like mono or stereo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnr9TNqPJ70

Not available here. There are a number of versions of this track on
Youtube, at least one of which has been "remastered", so goodness knows.
The version I could listen to is definitely mono.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DYCuj82-Bg

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

F%#@ Commy Tube!!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gray_Wolf Gray_Wolf is offline

On 6/8/2017 2:49 AM, Brassplyer wrote:
The album this is from is called Harry James In Hi-Fi. Does this sound like mono or stereo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnr9TNqPJ70

Audition CS6 and listening with headphones shows it to be stereo.

---

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 3:49:21 AM UTC-4, Brassplyer wrote:
The album this is from is called Harry James In Hi-Fi. Does this sound like mono or stereo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnr9TNqPJ70

Sounds VERY nice for its time!!

Movie Film audio, 1941(?), two tracks for audio. Okay, so music was simulated to stereo, but you can hear vocals are separated from music...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...hoochoo-s2.mp3

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 3:49:21 AM UTC-4, Brassplyer wrote:
The album this is from is called Harry James In Hi-Fi. Does this sound like mono or stereo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnr9TNqPJ70

p.s. Mono to my ears.

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 7:14:33 PM UTC-4, gray_wolf wrote:
On 6/8/2017 2:49 AM, Brassplyer wrote:
The album this is from is called Harry James In Hi-Fi. Does this sound like mono or stereo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnr9TNqPJ70

Audition CS6 and listening with headphones shows it to be stereo.

If you add a touch of echo to one stereo channel, the stereo VU meters may bounce out of sync, like stereo.

Jack

---

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 4:02:11 AM UTC-4, Phil Allison wrote:
Brassplyer wrote:

-----------------

The album this is from is called Harry James In Hi-Fi.
Does this sound like mono or stereo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnr9TNqPJ70

** Comes up "Not available"

Don't think that's the title to the song!

Jack

.... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Brassplyer wrote:
The album this is from is called Harry James In Hi-Fi. Does this sound like mono or stereo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnr9TNqPJ70

I'm sitting in an airport with Grado headphones so I have no way to hear
real stereo or make any judgement about imaging. But it sounds to me, given
this limitation, that it's a mono signal that has been "electronically
rechanneled for stereo" with a comb filter. It has a spaciousness, but you
can't pick anything out.

Of course, for all I know that could be an artifact of the youtube audio...

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article ,
Brassplyer wrote:
The album this is from is called Harry James In Hi-Fi. Does this
sound like mono or stereo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnr9TNqPJ70

I'm sitting in an airport with Grado headphones so I have no way to
hear real stereo or make any judgement about imaging. But it sounds
to me, given this limitation, that it's a mono signal that has been
"electronically rechanneled for stereo" with a comb filter. It has a
spaciousness, but you can't pick anything out.

Of course, for all I know that could be an artifact of the youtube
audio... --scott

I fooled around with a Hilbert transformer in software for a while.

It wasn't stereo, but ... no, it still wasn't stereo.

--
Les Cargill
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Les Cargill wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:
I'm sitting in an airport with Grado headphones so I have no way to
hear real stereo or make any judgement about imaging. But it sounds
to me, given this limitation, that it's a mono signal that has been
"electronically rechanneled for stereo" with a comb filter. It has a
spaciousness, but you can't pick anything out.

Of course, for all I know that could be an artifact of the youtube
audio...

I fooled around with a Hilbert transformer in software for a while.

It wasn't stereo, but ... no, it still wasn't stereo.

It's still useful though to spread out one or more mono elements in a
stereo mix. Sometimes I'll get concert recordings with only one track
for the audience sound and the Orban makes a good thing out of a bad
situation.

But no, it's not stereo.

Mono vs Stereo JackA Pro Audio 0 April 1st 16 11:39 PM
Stereo from Mono JackA Pro Audio 132 March 10th 16 01:06 AM
Stereo or Mono audio track when digitizing a mono record in PT? Julie Abel Pro Audio 3 December 19th 09 01:14 PM
mono/stereo/dif.... Bob Pro Audio 4 October 9th 04 03:22 AM
mono/stereo/dif.... Bob Pro Audio 0 October 5th 04 08:33 AM