JD990

Default Alesis Masterlink and Dithering

I have some live tracks recorded at 16bit/44.1 on my Masterlink
that I would like to perform some additional DSP on using my mac.
If I burn a standard audio CD on the Masterlink, will it add dither??
If so, is there a way just burn a raw data CD so I can just copy the files
onto my computer?? Or do I have to play the files back in realtime
over the digital I/O to avoid any dithering??

TIA,

BEC

I don't understand your problem. If it's already 16 bit/44.1, if you burn an
audio red book CD with the masterlink, there would be no dithering.
Dithering simply changes the bit rate, you're already at 16??

JDN

JD990 wrote:

I have some live tracks recorded at 16bit/44.1 on my Masterlink
that I would like to perform some additional DSP on using my mac.
If I burn a standard audio CD on the Masterlink, will it add dither??
If so, is there a way just burn a raw data CD so I can just copy the files
onto my computer?? Or do I have to play the files back in realtime
over the digital I/O to avoid any dithering??

TIA,

JD990

I have some live tracks recorded at 16bit/44.1 on my Masterlink
that I would like to perform some additional DSP on using my mac.
If I burn a standard audio CD on the Masterlink, will it add dither??

Gosh, I hope not.

My hope as well. It would seem that as long as there is no DSP used on the
tracks then there should not be any dither added, but I've never been able to
get a definitive answer on that and I was hoping that one of the gurus here
would know.

If so, is there a way just burn a raw data CD so I can just copy the files
onto my computer??

You got the Masterlink, plod through the menus.

Unfortunately I have and haven't found a way to burn a raw data disc rather
than a
red book disc. But if no dither is added to non-DSP altered tracks then I
suppose this is moot.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Roger Christie

"JD990" wrote in message
[...]

Under CD format button, press CD24. Voila, raw data.