Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

Default Watching VU Meters Bounce

On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 1:42:56 AM UTC-4, John Williamson wrote:
On 10/06/2017 01:32, wrote:
Okay, I believe this is caused when mixing in the vocals. At about 10 seconds into the song, with vertical bar VU, you may notice the frequency band around 16kHz rises and remains constant. I checked, and there is a peak there! Was it always there? Probably! You think it may be caused by something else? Circa 1968, believe UK recorded...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...fapreacher.mp3

Jack

As Scott says, it will be TV scan, and if you zoom right in on the
region, it will be at 15,625Hz, or 15,734Hz if it was recorded in the USA..

Let's see, interlaced, so 525/2 = 262.5, 60(Hz) x 262.5 (lines) = 15,750 Hz.
Guess some are retrace lines, huh?

Jack

Paul Simon's "Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes" has a spike at that
frequency at about -30dB on the CD version, visible on the plot only
because there's no other signal in that area.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 10/06/2017 01:32, wrote:
[...]

15.734 kHz for color
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 19/06/2017 21:47, wrote:
On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 4:33:11 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 1:42:56 AM UTC-4, John Williamson wrote:

As Scott says, it will be TV scan, and if you zoom right in on the
region, it will be at 15,625Hz, or 15,734Hz if it was recorded in the USA.

Let's see, interlaced, so 525/2 = 262.5, 60(Hz) x 262.5 (lines) = 15,750 Hz.
Guess some are retrace lines, huh?

29.97 frames per second, or 59.94 fields per second.

NTSC has not been locked to mains frequency for decades, and PAL started
locking to its own crystal reference almost as soon as it started being
used, as the local mains frequencies in both cases did not have the
required frequency stability.

15.734 kHz for color
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC

Only in the USofA and Japan.

Here in the UK and most of Europe, its 15,625Hz. But I posted that a
couple of replies ago....

The French do, of course, do it differently. They used to use 25 frames
per second and 819 lines when they were monochrome, changing to SECAM
(Said to stand for "Supreme Effort Contre les AMericains")with 25 FPS
and 625 lines but with a really, really weird colour encoding scheme for
colour.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 5:01:55 PM UTC-4, John Williamson wrote:
On 19/06/2017 21:47, wrote:
[...]

:-)))

PAL = Phase Alternate Line, I think. Less Phasing issues than NTSC.
Was told some farmer came up with the scan lines idea when plowing his fields.

Thanks! :-)

Jack

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 20/06/2017 9:01 AM, John Williamson wrote:

The French do, of course, do it differently. They used to use 25 frames
per second and 819 lines when they were monochrome, changing to SECAM
(Said to stand for "Supreme Effort Contre les AMericains")with 25 FPS
and 625 lines but with a really, really weird colour encoding scheme for
colour.

Yeah, instead of RGB the frogs would feel the need for red white and blue !

geoff

Bounce to disk Jay[_11_] Pro Audio 10 December 8th 07 10:00 AM
Anybody watching CMA's? jakdedert Pro Audio 19 November 12th 06 09:28 PM
Watching Shania Mike Rivers Pro Audio 220 December 15th 03 06:36 PM
My PT Bounce ramblings... Mondoslug1 Pro Audio 3 September 24th 03 03:50 PM