Posted to rec.audio.car
New At This New At This is offline

Default Problem with Honda Civic radio on/off-volume dial

I have a 1996 Honda Civic HX, with a standard AM-FM radio, to which
I've attached an external CD player. The radio's volume dial is also
its on-off switch, engaged by pushing in on the dial. I have a problem
that has gotten worse over the past few months:

When I attempt to turn the volume up, not only does the volume normally
not go up, it more often goes down. What will happen when I attempt to
turn the volume down is anybody's guess, too. Occasionally I can get
it to respond, but only occasionally. I've pulled off the plastic dial
button, and am turning the metal rod that goes into the guts of the
radio -- but, no luck.

I wonder:

1. What the problem is;

2. Whether it's worth fixing; and,

3. If so, whether it might be anything simple enough that I could fix
it myself?

Any assistance appreciated.

Posted to rec.audio.car
uday.. uday.. is offline

ur volume control may loses its character,.
if
----it makes a scrach sound.
----the volume increases & decreases
----Sudden increase in volume if u turn the control vice-versa

While u attempt to turn the volume control

Posted to rec.audio.car
The Lull The Lull is offline

My personal recommendation is to replace the unit. The easiest way to
do so would be to go to a local shop (car toys, best buy, etc), buy a
cheap aftermarket deck of your choosing, and let them install it.

If you feel so inclined - you can begin your journey into the wonderful
world of car audio and install the deck yourself, also you can put in
some new speakers since the stock speakers will, most likely, blow
after a few months of being powered by a new aftermarket deck. Then
you'll decide you need a subwoofer, which you'll need an amplifier to
power......

I could keep going, but I think you get the idea.

~The Lull