Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

Default zxi3406 hifonics

any1 know of his model...i found it under $133....is it a good
deal...it says itll do 75rms 2ohm by 4.

Posted to rec.audio.car
OldSch00lf00l OldSch00lf00l is offline

bob wald wrote:
any1 know of his model...i found it under $133....is it a good
deal...it says itll do 75rms 2ohm by 4.

What is wrong with your Sherwood amplifiers?
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

NOTHING.....Sherwoods xat line, their top stuff.
id say the best amps made in the 90s or b4.
even thouyjr black alphasoniks..i likedalot too.
though i meant. but the alphasoniks wwewnt 2ohmstable in the early 90s.
like the Sherwoods.

Posted to rec.audio.car

bob wald wrote:
NOTHING.....Sherwoods xat line, their top stuff.
id say the best amps made in the 90s or b4.
even thouyjr black alphasoniks..i likedalot too.
though i meant. but the alphasoniks wwewnt 2ohmstable in the early 90s.
like the Sherwoods.

It is kind of ashame that they folded. In the 90s, one of my friends
ran a pair of Coustic 10s off of a Sherwood XAT-240Q (4 channel bridged
to 2) and those things pounded.

Prior to that, I think he had a 140 watt (SCA-2100... maybe...????), 2
channel Sherwood, but that amplifier had something wrong with it. It
was always heating up and shutting down at 4 ohms stereo. The shop he
purchased it from checked it out multiple times and they said nothing
was wrong. Go figure...
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

xat 2400, i got the xat 3400....85rmsx4.4ohm.
the xat 4400 was the top 1. very expensive.
4way protection. .02thd. dual fan cooled. theyll never be no more like
those..i think they didnt sell caused priced too high. i bought mine
new.
in 92 that is.
first yr came out.
even in 92 costs me over $345.00. if i sold it now in mint
condition...used less than 24hrs....if you didnt start with 6bills i
wouldnt even hear you...lol
n please every1 dont start telling me bout ya hot plate amps you
use....lol

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

just occuried to me..those amps....yours were 65rms x4. the top model
was 250rms x2.4ohm.
only amps that compared at the time..was carver...i looked at those too.
there were only afew 2ohm stable in 92.

Posted to rec.audio.car

bob wald wrote:
xat 2400, i got the xat 3400....85rmsx4.4ohm.
the xat 4400 was the top 1. very expensive.
4way protection. .02thd. dual fan cooled. theyll never be no more like
those..i think they didnt sell caused priced too high. i bought mine
new.
in 92 that is.
first yr came out.
even in 92 costs me over $345.00. if i sold it now in mint
condition...used less than 24hrs....if you didnt start with 6bills i
wouldnt even hear you...lol
n please every1 dont start telling me bout ya hot plate amps you
use....lol

Funny thing... My name is oldschool, but I am only using new
amplifiers. I found a great deal on some used Lunar Amplifiers, and
since they are based here in Louisiana, I jumped on them.

For my subwoofer, I am using a Clarion DPX1851 that I picked up for $150
when Crutchfield was clearing them out last summer. I just wish I had
held out for the DPX11551 because they went for $179 after the $20
referral code.

Now my wife's vehicle is using some old school gear. She is running an
Orion HCCA 225 bridged to her sub at 2 ohms with an Erath Electronic
Suspension module (servo drive). That allowed me to stick her subwoofer
in .625 cubic feet and it still plays fairly deep. The best thing of
all is I picked up a pair of HCCA 225 Digital Reference amplifiers for
$200, used from someone who needed the money. That is $100 each!
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

actually the xat i got is way too good for what im doing.....it was made
to win contests....

hifonics bob wald Car Audio 3 July 31st 06 04:29 AM
Help with hifonics amp... Jim MIllward Car Audio 2 March 29th 04 10:19 PM
Hifonics Help steelerbrad123 Car Audio 6 November 29th 03 03:21 AM
Hifonics Help!! steelerbrad123 Car Audio 2 November 24th 03 03:15 PM
Hifonics Help!! steelerbrad123 Car Audio 0 November 23rd 03 11:05 PM