TheBIessedDead

Default "Bright" Dynaudios?

I've never been particularly gifted with things of this sort. I've never
worked
with fiberglass before, and moreover, I'm worried about the damage I'd do to
my
car.

Seriously man, fiberglassing is not as difficult as you may think. I am about
the most un crafty person in the world, but recently I managed to build a
pretty decent sealed enclosure for my sub that tucks in behind the wheel well
in my truck. It took me about 5 days of working when I had some spare time,
but it really wasn't THAT difficult, and its great to have done every single
bit of my install myself.

Nick
Dave

Hi Tony,
What did you use for your active xovers....just the amp's internal xovers?
head unit?

dave

"Tony Fernandes" wrote in message
Hey Dave.

Some interesting similarites between us. I used to have a '97 Explorer.

had my Dyns, Nak CD-700, EQ232, and Stealthbox in there just like you.
The Dyns were active, though. Best system I ever had the pleasure of
owning.

Tony

Z. Gluhak

"Steve Grauman" wrote in message
The Dyns were active, though.

What does this mean?

Means he wasn't using the passive xover that came with the speakers but
rather an external (or am onboard) active xover. It doesn't really change
the sound, just gives you more flexibility. It also makes it very easy to
fry your tweeters if using a knob type xover and accidentally it gets moved
the wrong way too much...

Z. Gluhak

Some interesting similarites between us. I used to have a '97 Explorer.

had my Dyns, Nak CD-700, EQ232, and Stealthbox in there just like you.
The Dyns were active, though. Best system I ever had the pleasure of
owning.

Tony

Yeah, what kind of xover did you use on the Dyns, especially for the
tweeters?

Steve Grauman

I found out that some settings on the amp weren't wuite right. By adjusting it,
I was able to make the sound significantly better. Thanks for all the tips
though guys.

Tony Fernandes

Yeah, what kind of xover did you use on the Dyns, especially for the
tweeters?

I used my amps' built-in xovers. I had them tri-amped with a Phoenix Gold
ZX475ti and half of a ZX450.

Tony

--

What's more likely? That an all-powerful mysterious god created the
universe and then decided not to give any proof of his existence? Or, that

"Z. Gluhak" wrote in message

Some interesting similarites between us. I used to have a '97 Explorer.

had my Dyns, Nak CD-700, EQ232, and Stealthbox in there just like you.
The Dyns were active, though. Best system I ever had the pleasure of
owning.

Tony

Yeah, what kind of xover did you use on the Dyns, especially for the
tweeters?

Tony Fernandes

Hi Tony,
What did you use for your active xovers....just the amp's internal xovers?
head unit?

I used my amps' built-in xovers. I had them tri-amped with a Phoenix Gold
ZX475ti & ZX450.

Tony

--

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi Tony,
What did you use for your active xovers....just the amp's internal xovers?
head unit?

dave

"Tony Fernandes" wrote in message
Hey Dave.

Some interesting similarites between us. I used to have a '97 Explorer.

had my Dyns, Nak CD-700, EQ232, and Stealthbox in there just like you.
The Dyns were active, though. Best system I ever had the pleasure of
owning.

Tony

MZ

Hey Tony, do either of those amps have bandpass crossovers for all 4
channels?

--
Mark
remove "remove" and "spam" to reply

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi Tony,
What did you use for your active xovers....just the amp's internal

xovers?
head unit?

dave

"Tony Fernandes" wrote in message
Hey Dave.

Some interesting similarites between us. I used to have a '97

Explorer.
had my Dyns, Nak CD-700, EQ232, and Stealthbox in there just like you.
The Dyns were active, though. Best system I ever had the pleasure of
owning.

Tony

Tony Fernandes

Hey Tony, do either of those amps have bandpass crossovers for all 4
channels?

No. The BP ocurs when you HP two channels and LP the two others. You can
then choose to have a BP signal via the RCA outs.

Tony

--

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi Tony,
What did you use for your active xovers....just the amp's internal

xovers?
head unit?

dave

"Tony Fernandes" wrote in message
Hey Dave.

Some interesting similarites between us. I used to have a '97

Explorer.
had my Dyns, Nak CD-700, EQ232, and Stealthbox in there just like

you.
The Dyns were active, though. Best system I ever had the pleasure

of
owning.

Tony

Steve Grauman

What did you change?

For some reason, the Mode switch on my amp had been set to L+R Sum, which is
where you're meant to set the amp when driving a Mono Bass or Center channel. I
switched it to Stereo, which widened my soundstage by 200% and created real
stereo definition. There's another switch, next to the crossover dial which
reads "full", "high" and "low. They had it set to "high" and I've been doing
listening tests with it set both to "high" and to "full".
Z. Gluhak

What did you change?

For some reason, the Mode switch on my amp had been set to L+R Sum, which

is
where you're meant to set the amp when driving a Mono Bass or Center

channel. I
switched it to Stereo, which widened my soundstage by 200% and created

real
stereo definition. There's another switch, next to the crossover dial

which
reads "full", "high" and "low. They had it set to "high" and I've been

doing
listening tests with it set both to "high" and to "full".

Geez you've been suffering in mono mode! The diff between the full and
high is that at full the xover lets everything through while at high it lets
only freqs. higher than what the xover dial is set to through...shouldn't
change your tweets at all just remove a bit of midbass. Once you get a sub
it will sound a whole lot better. As good as the Dyns are you still need a
sub to get the "complete" sound. If you leave it on "full" until you get a
sub just be careful when you play a really bass heavy song...

Steve Grauman

If you leave it on "full" until you get a
sub just be careful when you play a really bass heavy song...

Yea, I've assumed as much. I've got the crossover in my deck set at 80hz and
I've been watching the volume. I've also got the amp's gains down to near-null.
What I really want is an RCA to Symbilink converter so that I can really take
advantage of my Eclipse's 8 volt outputs.
jpswanberg

certain albums are recorded "hot" with high levels of compression to
sound good on "boom boxes", fm radio and other low rez media. it
doesn't matter what you do to to some music, it still sounds awful.
check out any of the audiophile websites for what they consider well
recorded music. the only problem with well recorded music is that it
most often isn't popular music. one thing you can try with the
dynaudio md100's is to move them to the kickpanel to get them off axis
a bit. i am surprised that you find them bright, as i have found them
much more mellow than similar priced aluminum dome tweeters. however,
only your ears matter to you. you may want to try a tube amp for a
more laid back and harmonically rich sound. peace, jps

--
jpswanberg