Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Variable Speed Recording MP3

Hi. Recently I've started downloading "podcasts" of lectures on
various topics ranging from physics to computers to audiobooks from
various sources. These arent "podcasts" in the sense that iTunes
thinks about them in that they are often different bitrates because
they come from different sources. However, they are all MP3's.

My problem comes when I try to play them back. If I listen to them on
my laptop, I can use Windows Media Player to change the playback speed.
However if I need to burn them to a CD first or onto a Memory key and
play them on my home audio system, I have no way to speed up the
playback of the MP3 file.

I'm wondering if someone can direct me to a code library where I can
write my own software to import a file, choose a speed (1.5x, 2.0x,
etc) and then it will create the new file at that speed. This way, I
can just bring the new file with me and listen to it on any device at
the accelerated speed. Or, if anyone knows of existing software for
the PC that can do this for me, that would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jorin