Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

Default Palin was good last night...

....but Biden was better.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 3, 12:20*pm, Vinylanach wrote:
...but Biden was better.

If I hear the word "maverick" one more time I think I'll puke. I liked
the way that Biden put the "meverick" in perspective at the end. LOL!

Palin was successful because she stuck to what she had obviously been
drilled on. There were about five questions that she avoided entirely.
I think the quick polls after the debate showed that people, while
they think she's friendly and folksy, clearly understood that she
isn't ready to assume the role of President.

BTW, General "McClellan" was a Union general in the civil war (and
democratic presidential hopeful in 1864). LOL!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

On Oct 3, 12:20*pm, Vinylanach wrote:
...but Biden was better.

If I hear the word "maverick" one more time I think I'll puke.

"By golly", I agree! ;-)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

On Oct 3, 12:23�pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Oct 3, 12:20�pm, Vinylanach wrote:

...but Biden was better.

If I hear the word "maverick" one more time I think I'll puke. I liked
the way that Biden put the "meverick" in perspective at the end. LOL!

Palin was successful because she stuck to what she had obviously been
drilled on. There were about five questions that she avoided entirely.
I think the quick polls after the debate showed that people, while
they think she's friendly and folksy, clearly understood that she
isn't ready to assume the role of President.

BTW, General "McClellan" was a Union general in the civil war (and
democratic presidential hopeful in 1864). LOL!

OK...let me rephrase it. It just wasn't the train wreck I was
expecting. We all knew it has going to be rehearsed. But there were
no major screw-ups. She's a nice lady with above-average
intelligence. Just not excpetional enough to run the country.

Biden. however, acted downright presidential.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 3 Oct, 16:01, Vinylanach wrote:

Biden. however, acted downright presidential.

He's at the wrong end of the ticket.
But, despite his experience aqnd qualifications
he ran two times and failed to catch on with voters
not exactly a magnetic personality, but hey, Bush
got there without one.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Vinylanach said:

Biden. however, acted downright presidential.

Maybe the stage lights prevented him from seeing if anybody should be exhorted
to rise up out of a wheelchair.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 3, 1:21�pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On 3 Oct, 16:01, Vinylanach wrote:

Biden. however, acted downright presidential.

He's at the wrong end of the ticket.
But, despite his experience aqnd qualifications
he ran two times and failed to catch on with voters
not exactly a magnetic personality, but hey, Bush
got there without one.

Well, the plagiarized speech sunk him in 1988. And in 2008, a lot of
people still remembered. I know I did...it remains my biggest
reservation about the man. I mean, look at what happened to Ferstler
when he did it...he's reduced to spending the rest of his life
whittling things in his garage.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 3, 3:24*pm, George M. Middius wrote:
Vinylanach said:

Biden. however, acted downright presidential.

Maybe the stage lights prevented him from seeing if anybody should be exhorted
to rise up out of a wheelchair.

So you're saying that Biden thinks he's jeebus?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,

Vinylanach said:

Biden. however, acted downright presidential.

Maybe the stage lights prevented him from seeing if anybody should be
exhorted
to rise up out of a wheelchair.

So you're saying that Biden thinks he's jeebus?

It was more like Bush and the blind man.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 3 Oct, 16:54, Vinylanach wrote:

*I mean, look at what happened to Ferstler
when he did it...he's reduced to spending the rest of his life
whittling things in his garage.

worse yet, he's been banished to his treehouse.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
John Atkinson[_2_] John Atkinson[_2_] is offline

On Oct 3, 1:20 pm, Vinylanach wrote:
...but Biden was better.

Insightful piece, I think, by Stereophile writer Fred Kaplan
in Slate today: http://www.slate.com/id/2201510/ .

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

In article ,
"Soundhaspriority" wrote:

"John Atkinson" wrote in message
On Oct 3, 1:20 pm, Vinylanach wrote:
...but Biden was better.

Insightful piece, I think, by Stereophile writer Fred Kaplan
in Slate today: http://www.slate.com/id/2201510/ .

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

One would like to think that Everyman has learned the downside of dumb
people in elective office. But he also doesn't want a President who is
smarter than he is.

My two main requirements:
Be honest.
Be really, really smart.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Soundhaspriority said:

I think that really, really smart people think beyond the confines of their
ideology. It saves them (and us) from the worst of errors.

Bush was apparently terrified of hearing something new or unexpected. He
cloaked his terror in mindless demands for "loyalty". That contrasted with
Nixon, who was said to be paranoiac. Nixon allowed himself to trust a few
people, and listen to them.

Dennis Miller showed his face on a talk show and complained that
everybody's been vilifying Bush for the past eight years, and now we
should give him a break. There's something about a "conservative..."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 3, 7:08*pm, John Atkinson wrote:
On Oct 3, 1:20 pm, Vinylanach wrote:

...but Biden was better.

Insightful piece, I think, by Stereophile writer Fred Kaplan
in Slate today:http://www.slate.com/id/2201510/.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

That was an accurate portrayal IMO.

Palin stayed with the points she memorized. I found the several
questions she avoided entirely more interesting. One thing is
apparent: there is no way that Palin is ready to be President.

I wish Biden had said "I don't need any on-the-job training".
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

Palin stayed with the points she memorized. I found the several
questions she avoided entirely more interesting. One thing is
apparent: there is no way that Palin is ready to be President.

They say she belongs to a sect that does the "speaking in tongues" ritual.
Would that be better or worse than Dumbya's frozen-in-the-headlights
shtick?

I wish Biden had said "I don't need any on-the-job training".

That would have been funny, but almost anybody would need some. The only
exception I can think of is Cheney.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

In article
,
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

On Oct 3, 7:08*pm, John Atkinson wrote:
On Oct 3, 1:20 pm, Vinylanach wrote:

...but Biden was better.

Insightful piece, I think, by Stereophile writer Fred Kaplan
in Slate today:http://www.slate.com/id/2201510/.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

That was an accurate portrayal IMO.

Palin stayed with the points she memorized. I found the several
questions she avoided entirely more interesting. One thing is
apparent: there is no way that Palin is ready to be President.

Amen.

If McSame is elected, we have the highest chance in modern history of
the VP becoming President, based on McCain's age and health history.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

If McSame is elected, we have the highest chance in modern history of
the VP becoming President, based on McCain's age and health history.

Who's down with the theory that McPOW secretly wants to act out our loss
in Vietnam by staying in Iraq until kingdom come?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

On Oct 5, 12:44�pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Jenn said:

If McSame is elected, we have the highest chance in modern history of
the VP becoming President, based on McCain's age and health history.

Who's down with the theory that McPOW secretly wants to act out our loss
in Vietnam by staying in Iraq until kingdom come?

Well, I've certainly thought about Dubya's mission in Iraq, and how it
may have been to avenge Daddy. Imagine if McCain, as President,
started telling everyone that there are WMDs in Saigon.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 4 Oct, 22:10, "Soundhaspriority" wrote:
"John Atkinson" wrote in message

... On Oct 3, 1:20 pm, Vinylanach wrote:
...but Biden was better.

Insightful piece, I think, by Stereophile writer Fred Kaplan
in Slate today:http://www.slate.com/id/2201510/.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

One would like to think that Everyman has learned the downside of dumb
people in elective office. But he also doesn't want a President who is
smarter than he is. Plato, of course, had a solution, which would not be
popular in today's world.

If anything keeps us out of trouble, it is the possible existence of
"collective intelligence." This has been studied in the army ant. In bunches
of a few hundred, they *march in a circle on a tabletop until they die. In
the hundreds of thousands of a swarm, they execute incredibly complicate
maneuvers, including branching at an angle that happens to be the
mathematically precise number to avoid covering the same ground twice.

The apparent existence of a collaborative decision making ability, even
though the speed and capacity of the channel between insects is severely
limited, is a great computational mystery. Personally, I think it can't be
ruled out that human populations support a group mind of which we are
indivdually completely unaware.

Bob Morein
(310) 237-6511

think of it, a couple of hundred thousand Bob Moreins, working in
concert, might actually
complete one PhD program.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 5, 2:44*pm, George M. Middius wrote:
Jenn said:

If McSame is elected, we have the highest chance in modern history of
the VP becoming President, based on McCain's age and health history.

Who's down with the theory that McPOW secretly wants to act out our loss
in Vietnam by staying in Iraq until kingdom come?

The rhetoric sounds the same to me: "dishonor". "America will lose
face". "Victory is in sight".

If you look at what the leaders were saying about Vietnam at the time,
it was the same crap.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

If McSame is elected, we have the highest chance in modern history of
the VP becoming President, based on McCain's age and health history.

Who's down with the theory that McPOW secretly wants to act out our loss
in Vietnam by staying in Iraq until kingdom come?

The rhetoric sounds the same to me: "dishonor". "America will lose
face". "Victory is in sight".

If you look at what the leaders were saying about Vietnam at the time,
it was the same crap.

Remember Nixon bleating about "peace with honor"? I was only a child then,
but I recognized that as an admission that we were never going to "win" in
Vietnam.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

Shhhh! said:

If McSame is elected, we have the highest chance in modern history of
the VP becoming President, based on McCain's age and health history.

Who's down with the theory that McPOW secretly wants to act out our loss
in Vietnam by staying in Iraq until kingdom come?

The rhetoric sounds the same to me: "dishonor". "America will lose
face". "Victory is in sight".

If you look at what the leaders were saying about Vietnam at the time,
it was the same crap.

Remember Nixon bleating about "peace with honor"? I was only a child then,
but I recognized that as an admission that we were never going to "win" in
Vietnam.

The "stabbed in the back" metaphor is ready for when wiser heads prevail.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 6, 6:25*am, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article ,
*George M. Middius wrote:

Shhhh! said:

If McSame is elected, we have the highest chance in modern history of
the VP becoming President, based on McCain's age and health history.

Who's down with the theory that McPOW secretly wants to act out our loss
in Vietnam by staying in Iraq until kingdom come?

The rhetoric sounds the same to me: "dishonor". "America will lose
face". "Victory is in sight".

If you look at what the leaders were saying about Vietnam at the time,
it was the same crap.

Remember Nixon bleating about "peace with honor"? I was only a child then,
but I recognized that as an admission that we were never going to "win" in
Vietnam.

The "stabbed in the back" metaphor is ready for when wiser heads prevail.

Where's our resident 'expert' on Vietnam?

2pid's never around when you need him. LOL!

Sarah Palin - hot or not? JP Tech 1 September 4th 08 04:36 PM
Sarah Palin - hot or not? Rich Koerner Tech 0 September 4th 08 10:24 AM
The Night Before The Night Before Christmas. rickymix Pro Audio 0 December 24th 05 03:46 AM
Great microphone sightings! (Good Night and Good Luck) My Last Sigh Pro Audio 0 October 23rd 05 10:38 PM
Good night Ladies Lionel Chapuis Audio Opinions 3 September 5th 03 02:48 AM