Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

Default Now playing (TCM)

"A Dream of Love" depicts Franz Liszt. Music biography not done right.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Vinylanach Vinylanach is offline

On Sep 27, 8:51�am, MiNe 109 wrote:
"A Dream of Love" depicts Franz Liszt. Music biography not done right.

Stephen

Very cryptic. Must have elaboration.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Vinylanach wrote:

On Sep 27, 8:51?am, MiNe 109 wrote:
"A Dream of Love" depicts Franz Liszt. Music biography not done right.

Stephen

Very cryptic. Must have elaboration.

You'd think Liszt only wrote two pieces judging by the soundtrack. The
poor Liebestraume hardly deserves the banal treatments its given.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article
,
Vinylanach wrote:

On Sep 27, 8:51?am, MiNe 109 wrote:
"A Dream of Love" depicts Franz Liszt. Music biography not done right.

Stephen

Very cryptic. Must have elaboration.

You'd think Liszt only wrote two pieces judging by the soundtrack. The
poor Liebestraume hardly deserves the banal treatments its given.

Yikes. Banal treatments it is given.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

You'd think Liszt only wrote two pieces judging by the soundtrack. The
poor Liebestraume hardly deserves the banal treatments its given.

Yikes. Banal treatments it is given.

Its o k coz Scotties not watchin.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

You'd think Liszt only wrote two pieces judging by the soundtrack. The
poor Liebestraume hardly deserves the banal treatments its given.

Yikes. Banal treatments it is given.

Its o k coz Scotties not watchin.

If art's in meltdown due to the bailout, what can Scott be thinking?

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 28 Sep, 09:38, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article ,
*George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

You'd think Liszt only wrote two pieces judging by the soundtrack. The
poor Liebestraume hardly deserves the banal treatments its given.

Yikes. Banal treatments it is given.

Its o k coz Scotties not watchin.

If art's in meltdown due to the bailout, what can Scott be thinking?

No, not due to the so-called bailout, not at all.
I favor that.
its due to the failures of the financial houses.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On 28 Sep, 09:38, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article ,
*George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

You'd think Liszt only wrote two pieces judging by the soundtrack. The
poor Liebestraume hardly deserves the banal treatments its given.

Yikes. Banal treatments it is given.

Its o k coz Scotties not watchin.

If art's in meltdown due to the bailout, what can Scott be thinking?

No, not due to the so-called bailout, not at all.
I favor that.
its due to the failures of the financial houses.

Which is in turn due to lax oversight, excessive deregulation and
misguided monetary policy.

I'm ****ed, too.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 28, 8:22*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 28 Sep, 09:38, MiNe 109 * wrote:
In article ,
*George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

You'd think Liszt only wrote two pieces judging by the soundtrack. The
poor Liebestraume hardly deserves the banal treatments its given.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

On Sep 28, 8:22*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 28 Sep, 09:38, MiNe 109 * wrote:
In article ,
*George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

You'd think Liszt only wrote two pieces judging by the
soundtrack. The
poor Liebestraume hardly deserves the banal treatments its given.

Yikes. Banal treatments it is given.

Its o k coz Scotties not watchin.

If art's in meltdown due to the bailout, what can Scott be thinking?

No, not due to the so-called bailout, not at all.
I favor that.
its due to the failures of the financial houses.

Which is in turn due to lax oversight, excessive deregulation and
misguided monetary policy.

Which is, in turn, what McCain wants to do to healthcare.

We use too much of it cause it's so cheap, just like we bought too much
house when mortgages were easy to get.

I'm ****ed, too.

Why? It obviously 'works'.

Scare Democrats, collect blank check. It's just more literal this time.

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 28 Sep, 22:57, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Sep 28, 8:22*pm, MiNe 109 * wrote:

In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 28 Sep, 09:38, MiNe 109 * wrote:
In article ,
*George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

You'd think Liszt only wrote two pieces judging by the soundtrack. The
poor Liebestraume hardly deserves the banal treatments its given.

Yikes. Banal treatments it is given.

Its o k coz Scotties not watchin.

If art's in meltdown due to the bailout, what can Scott be thinking?

No, not due to the so-called bailout, not at all.
I favor that.
its due to the failures of the financial houses.

Which is in turn due to lax oversight, excessive deregulation and
misguided monetary policy.

Which is, in turn, what McCain wants to do to healthcare.

This is truly a bipartisan partisan mess

Fingerpointing back and forth just makes it worse
it is a big paer of the cause.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,

wrote:
On Sep 28, 8:22*pm, MiNe 109 * wrote:

In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 28 Sep, 09:38, MiNe 109 * wrote:
In article ,
*George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

You'd think Liszt only wrote two pieces judging by the
soundtrack. The
poor Liebestraume hardly deserves the banal treatments its
given.

Yikes. Banal treatments it is given.

Its o k coz Scotties not watchin.

If art's in meltdown due to the bailout, what can Scott be thinking?

No, not due to the so-called bailout, not at all.
I favor that.
its due to the failures of the financial houses.

Which is in turn due to lax oversight, excessive deregulation and
misguided monetary policy.

Which is, in turn, what McCain wants to do to healthcare.

This is truly a bipartisan partisan mess

Fingerpointing back and forth just makes it worse
it is a big paer of the cause.

Cynics suggest the unpopular bailout will be spun as a Democratic-Bush
collaboration, allowing conservatives to run against the solution to the
problem they helped create.

You only need to point one finger: deregulation.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 29 Sep, 09:33, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
On Sep 28, 8:22*pm, MiNe 109 * wrote:

In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 28 Sep, 09:38, MiNe 109 * wrote:
In article ,
*George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

[...]

you must mean lax regulation, not deregulation
I have ten fingers, and I don't have enough to point.
just to balance this out,
risky sub primes to expand home ownership to minoriitiesw was a Dem
push.
Its time for partisianship to end, there is plenty of
bkaqme for both sides, bith sides still don't get it.
Until they shake the denial of their own mutual failures, there is no
hope for a solution.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On 29 Sep, 09:33, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
On Sep 28, 8:22*pm, MiNe 109 * wrote:

In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 28 Sep, 09:38, MiNe 109 * wrote:
In article ,
*George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

[...]

"Lax" goes with "lax oversight" from the White House. Deregulation
created the financial services industry after the Gramm-Leach-Bliley
Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999.

I have ten fingers, and I don't have enough to point.
just to balance this out,
risky sub primes to expand home ownership to minoriitiesw was a Dem
push.
Its time for partisianship to end, there is plenty of
bkaqme for both sides, bith sides still don't get it.
Until they shake the denial of their own mutual failures, there is no
hope for a solution.

To blame everyone is to blame no one.

The bailout bill was defeated, so maybe it won't be pinned to the
Democrats after all.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 29, 4:42*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On 29 Sep, 09:33, MiNe 109 * wrote:

In article
,

wrote:
On Sep 28, 8:22*pm, MiNe 109 * wrote:

In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 28 Sep, 09:38, MiNe 109 * wrote:
In article ,
*George M. Middius wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

You'd think Liszt only wrote two pieces judging by the
soundtrack. The
poor Liebestraume hardly deserves the banal treatments its
given.

Yikes. Banal treatments it is given.

Its o k coz Scotties not watchin.

If art's in meltdown due to the bailout, what can Scott be thinking?

No, not due to the so-called bailout, not at all.
I favor that.
its due to the failures of the financial houses.

Which is in turn due to lax oversight, excessive deregulation and
misguided monetary policy.

Which is, in turn, what McCain wants to do to healthcare.

This is truly a bipartisan partisan mess

Fingerpointing back and forth just makes it worse
it is a big paer of the cause.

Um, not really, but you're entitled to your "differing POV".

Cynics suggest the unpopular bailout will be spun as a Democratic-Bush
collaboration, allowing conservatives to run against the solution to the
problem they helped create.

You only need to point one finger: deregulation.

you must mean lax regulation, not deregulation

No, he probably meant the repeal of parts of Glass-Steagall and
replacing them with Gramm-Leach-Bliley. That's deregulation.

I have ten fingers, and I don't have enough to point.
just to balance this out,
risky sub primes to expand home ownership to minoriitiesw was a Dem
push.

Do you have data showing that the majority of subprime borrowers were
minorities? I can't find any. And it wasn't just subprime, but ARMs as
well.

This does not seem to specify that borrowers were minorities:

Generally, the credit profile keeping a borrower out of a prime loan
may include one or more of the following:

Two or more loan payments paid past 30 days due in the last 12 months,
or one or more loan payments paid past 90 days due the last 36
months;
Judgment, foreclosure, repossession, or non-payment of a loan in the
past;
Bankruptcy in the last 7 years;
Relatively high default probability as evidenced by, for example, a
credit score of less than 620 (depending on the product/collateral),
or other bureau or proprietary scores with an equivalent default
probability likelihood.
Accuracy of the credit line data obtained by the underwriter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subprim...rower_profiles

While I'm sure that some were, I personally know some people who used
ARMs to speculate on real estate. I personally believe that greed was
a large factor, perhaps as large as subprime loans. When the bubble
burst, it made sense for many to walk away from the investment (or
speculation) rather than pay off the debt.

Its time for partisianship to end, there is plenty of
bkaqme for both sides, bith sides still don't get it.
Until they shake the denial of their own mutual failures, there is no
hope for a solution.

The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Financial Services Modernization Act was
wriiten and sponsored by republicans. It was in a large part the
deregulation that helped spawn the current crisis:

"The bills were introduced in the Senate by Phil Gramm (R-TX) and in
the House of Representatives by James Leach (R-IA). The bills were
passed by a 54-44 vote along party lines with Republican support in
the Senate and by a 343-86 vote in the House of Representatives."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramm-Leach-Bliley_Act

Go argue with this guy:

http://www.forbes.com/home/2008/09/1...tner=lingospot

And your buddy 2pid doesn't 'think' history is relevant. It looks like
the financial markets and military operations have something in
common. LOL!