Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,comp.dsp
slakka slakka is offline

Default Audio expert question please!

Dear Newsgroups,
I gotta one of a kind interview on mini dv. When played back it both
looks and sounds terrific!!
Problem occurs when editing interview onto dvd. Audio becomes very
muddy/unusable

I could really use any suggestions on how I may cure this please??

Thanks in advance!!

pittwindmill@see-below-no-spam
hotmail.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,comp.dsp
Rupert Rupert is offline

On Sep 27, 1:27*pm, slakka wrote:
Dear Newsgroups,
I gotta one of a kind interview on mini dv. When played back it both
looks and sounds terrific!!
Problem occurs when editing interview onto dvd. Audio becomes very
muddy/unusable

*I could really use any suggestions on how I may cure this please??

*Thanks in advance!!

pittwindmill@see-below-no-spam
hotmail.com

Although this is a live sound reinforcement forum, I'll take a stab at
it. Describe the audio connections. how are you getting the audio to
the DVD? What Mini DV player are you using? What is the DVD recorder?
what type of connectors are on each? Kind of hard to be helpful with
no details on your setup.

Rupert
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,comp.dsp
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

slakka wrote:
Dear Newsgroups,
I gotta one of a kind interview on mini dv. When played back it both
looks and sounds terrific!!
Problem occurs when editing interview onto dvd. Audio becomes very
muddy/unusable

I could really use any suggestions on how I may cure this please??

How are you getting the Mini DV into the editing workstation and what kind
of editing software are you using? What kind of monitoring are you using
on the workstation? What are you playing it back on that sounds terrific?

An why are you crossposting this to so many irrelevant groups?

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,comp.dsp

"Scott Dorsey" wrote ...
slakka wrote:
I gotta one of a kind interview on mini dv. When played back it both
looks and sounds terrific!!
Problem occurs when editing interview onto dvd. Audio becomes very
muddy/unusable

I could really use any suggestions on how I may cure this please??

How are you getting the Mini DV into the editing workstation and what kind
of editing software are you using? What kind of monitoring are you using
on the workstation? What are you playing it back on that sounds terrific?

An why are you crossposting this to so many irrelevant groups?

He posted duplicate questions to at least one big cross- group
list. I responded in rec.video.production/rec.video/pro/r.a.m.p.s

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,comp.dsp
HardySpicer HardySpicer is offline

On Sep 28, 12:03 pm, "Richard Crowley" wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote ...

He posted duplicate questions to at least one big cross- group
list. I responded in rec.video.production/rec.video/pro/r.a.m.p.s

Ok, now he has posted to a professional engineering forum (comp.dsp)
maybe we can answer him properly.

Hardy

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,comp.dsp

"HardySpicer" wrote from Goooooooooogle Groups ...
Richard Crowley wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote ...
He posted duplicate questions to at least one big cross- group
list. I responded in rec.video.production/rec.video/pro/r.a.m.p.s

Ok, now he has posted to a professional engineering forum (comp.dsp)
maybe we can answer him properly.

If you guys can discern his tools, methods and workflow, on zero
details, I'll be impressed. Else, you're guessing along with the rest of us.