M. Mutt

Default Opinions?? - Help With Selecting Receiver

I have a Kenwood KV 4080 that is starting to act up. I'm looking at
replacing it with a Sony STR-DE995. I want something with AV inputs
that will be compatible with equipment for the next 4-5 years, and
something with a decent sound level (although I'm not a "loud rock"
person).

I've seen the STR-DE995 for $350 shipped to my door. So that looks
like a decent price range.

While looking at the Sony I've been steered to two other units, all
with about the same features and within $50 of the Sony.

-- Sony STR-DE995
-- Denon AVR 1804
-- Onkyo TSXR601

Can anyone tell me about the receivers and/or offer opinions &
experiences?
Mark D. Zacharias

I do warranty service for all 3 and I would rate the product thusly:

1. Denon
2. Sony
3. Onkyo

But as you say, not too much too separate them.

I would rate support a bit different:

1. Onkyo
2. Sony

(Keep Scrolling)

(Keep Scrolling)

3. Denon

Mark Z.

"M. Mutt" wrote in message

I have a Kenwood KV 4080 that is starting to act up. I'm looking at
replacing it with a Sony STR-DE995. I want something with AV inputs
that will be compatible with equipment for the next 4-5 years, and
something with a decent sound level (although I'm not a "loud rock"
person).

I've seen the STR-DE995 for $350 shipped to my door. So that looks
like a decent price range.

While looking at the Sony I've been steered to two other units, all
with about the same features and within $50 of the Sony.

-- Sony STR-DE995
-- Denon AVR 1804
-- Onkyo TSXR601

Can anyone tell me about the receivers and/or offer opinions &
experiences?

M. Mutt

Thanks Mark for the input. I am of course concerned. Probably not as
much about support --- so this is good info to know.

On Sat, 8 May 2004 19:30:58 -0500, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

I do warranty service for all 3 and I would rate the product thusly:

1. Denon
2. Sony
3. Onkyo

But as you say, not too much too separate them.

I would rate support a bit different:

1. Onkyo
2. Sony

(Keep Scrolling)

(Keep Scrolling)

3. Denon

Mark Z.

Who fabricates 8 Ohms speakers...? I can't find other except Sony... Faustino Dina General 40 December 19th 04 01:28 AM
NAD receiver Dan General 5 April 9th 04 11:58 AM
Subwoofer hum: is it my receiver? Brian General 15 February 20th 04 09:11 PM
Bose receiver broken and need alternate. Bill S. General 7 February 5th 04 11:31 AM
receiver tuner dial light dimming............. Scott General 4 July 17th 03 04:14 AM