Sean Elble

Default DIN Connectors?

Hi everyone,

I have a 1990 Nissan 240SX that I have added a few modern day
aftermarket stereo components, though I find myself still lacking
power in the main speakers. My dad had a fair share of car stereo
equipment when my car was built, including 2 Kenwood amplifiers, one
of which is 100 watts x 2 channels, which I would love to use, if it
weren't for the fact that the amplifier only has a DIN-style (5 pin)
input. I have an old Peripheral Electronics DIN - RCA converter that
I plan on trying, but if that should fail, does anyone know of any
adapter that I could purchase today, or possibly make, that would
serve my purpose? Also, this adapter that I have has two high guage
wires on it, one blue and one black, that I cut off when I was younger
(I'm 18 now, but I loved to play with these "toys" when I was younger,
hehe :-)), and I am unsure of their function, possibly some sort of
ground? They look to be too high a guage to be some sort of power
connection. If anyone knows anything about this, I'd appreciate
whatever you have to offer. Thanks, in advance!

-Sean Elble
Stephen Narayan

That DIN cable is an input cable for either a stock equalizer or a
stock CD changer..... It's not for outputs to an amplifier....

On 19 Sep 2003 21:16:44 -0700, (Sean Elble) wrote:

[...]

Stephen Narayan | IASCA Pro Street 1-600 | IASCA Certified Judge 2003
Audio Perfection | RTA system evaluation and tuning |

My System/s: Denon | Clarion ADCS-1 | Orion | Dynaudio | PG ZPA | Blade | Kicker
teamROCS Member #068 |
http://www.teamrocs.com

Why not check out my car audio museum
http://canuck.audioguy.net/gear.html
Jeff

While that is true for the factory radio acccept it was
a CD player (single disc) the Kenwood amp the OP
was refering to could have used 5 or 8 pin "DIN"
style connectors depending on model/year.
All were not wired exactly the same.
Jeff