Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default Cheap DIY project

(This is in reply to a thread already on the group, but Google now
shows me a narrow little slot and no way I can see to reply to
messages, only to post new ones.)

A cheap DIY amp is he
http://www.tubeaudio.com/page23.html
Apparently there is an entire community that builds and develops or at
least tweaks these things.

Andre Jute
"wonderfully well written and reasoned information
for the tube audio constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site
containing vital gems of wisdom"
Stuart Perry Hi-Fi News & Record Review

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
RapidRonnie RapidRonnie is offline

On Feb 4, 6:30 pm, "Andre Jute" wrote:
(This is in reply to a thread already on the group, but Google now
shows me a narrow little slot and no way I can see to reply to
messages, only to post new ones.)

A cheap DIY amp is hehttp://www.tubeaudio.com/page23.html
Apparently there is an entire community that builds and develops or at
least tweaks these things.

It's all on a circuit board. And the transformers look as though
they're a couple of bucks apiece.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

The thief Bret Ludwig sprays negativity like spittle:
On Feb 4, 6:30 pm, "Andre Jute" wrote:
A cheap DIY amp is hehttp://www.tubeaudio.com/page23.html
Apparently there is an entire community that builds and develops or at
least tweaks these things.

It's all on a circuit board. And the transformers look as though
they're a couple of bucks apiece.

With a complete tube amp kit for USD 225, what more do you want,
Ludwig? Lundahl iron? Grow up, man.
http://www.tubeaudio.com/page23.html

And the transformers look as though
they're a couple of bucks apiece.

I remember the Thordarson TV-source line transformers on the first
Bottlehead SEX amp, which I built to review in Glass Audio: they
sounded bloody good, and on some kinds of music better than USD200
Magnequest Peerless TFA204 ripoffs.

Here's an SE kit for USD259 including delivery and a nickelplated
case:
http://www.lh-electric.4t.com/sta44.htm

If you were to learn to look behind the first appearance of things,
Ludwig, you'd have nothing left to whine about.

Andre Jute
"wonderfully well written and reasoned information
for the tube audio constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site
containing vital gems of wisdom"
Stuart Perry Hi-Fi News & Record Review

CHEAP guitar for Recording sounds like Martin DM or Martin D-1---Seek advice nooob Pro Audio 6 March 15th 05 06:51 PM
With non-risk and non-misgiving to gain cheap DVD famous movies! (Only 5 $) Leo Pro Audio 0 February 17th 05 08:10 PM
FS: UAD-1 Project Pak fb30 Pro Audio 0 February 8th 05 04:48 PM
Cheap laptop for MIDI work? Nick D. Pro Audio 9 January 4th 05 12:20 AM
"Project Gramophone" discussion group started -- do contribute ... Jon Noring General 0 August 9th 03 03:51 PM