Richard Chapman

Default good cost-effective digital recorder

Dear all:
I have been looking at portable digital recorder to replace my Tascam
DAT portable which has given many good years of service. I have looked
at the Marantz PMD670 and 660 and Edirol R1 and R4. These come close,
but all seem to lack digital inputs. Is there a device with similar
capabilities (solid state, good preamp, SLR connectors, phantom power,
digital audio in/out, USB2.0 or firewire) with digital input also?

Thanks very much,
Richard

Ed Anson

Richard Chapman wrote:
Dear all:
I have been looking at portable digital recorder to replace my Tascam
DAT portable which has given many good years of service. I have looked
at the Marantz PMD670 and 660 and Edirol R1 and R4. These come close,
but all seem to lack digital inputs. Is there a device with similar
capabilities (solid state, good preamp, SLR connectors, phantom power,
digital audio in/out, USB2.0 or firewire) with digital input also?

Thanks very much,
Richard

Check out the SD-744T.
http://www.sounddevices.com/
Mike Rivers

In article .com writes:

I have been looking at portable digital recorder to replace my Tascam
DAT portable which has given many good years of service. I have looked
at the Marantz PMD670 and 660 and Edirol R1 and R4. These come close,
but all seem to lack digital inputs. Is there a device with similar
capabilities (solid state, good preamp, SLR connectors, phantom power,
digital audio in/out, USB2.0 or firewire) with digital input also?

Fostex FR2
http://www.fostex.com/index.php?file=products/pfr/fr2

But what's that RCA jack on the left side of the Edirol R4 that's marked
"Digital Input"?

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )

Len Moskowitz

Richard Chapman wrote:

I have been looking at portable digital recorder to replace my Tascam
DAT portable which has given many good years of service. I have looked
at the Marantz PMD670 and 660 and Edirol R1 and R4. These come close,
but all seem to lack digital inputs. Is there a device with similar
capabilities (solid state, good preamp, SLR connectors, phantom power,
digital audio in/out, USB2.0 or firewire) with digital input also?

Yes: PDAudio:

http://www.core-sound.com/HighResRecorderNews.html

We have a Web page that compares PDAudio to the Marantz PMD670, Edirol
R1, Fostex FR-2:

http://www.core-sound.com/comparison...-670-fr-2.html

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912