Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message
Clyde Slick a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

dave weil a écrit :

Well, for a writer, there isn't a worse crime than plagiarism.

What is the worst crime for a third class waiter ?

Being polite to a fourth class Frenchie.

Seems that you are tired to run after Middius' ass.
Do you think you will have more chance with Weil's one ?

I am looking for a low class French slut.

LOL, a "low class french slut" is still too much high-class for you,
crab
louse.

More French snobbery.
I see it has worked its way down even to the lowest
class of French 'culture'. (an oxymoron)

Ô suprem irony ! This is coming from a guy who even don't know the name of
his religious headgear.

Anyway, better read that than to be blind... :-D

Better to be sighted than to hear blind.

Clyde Slick wrote:

Better to be sighted than to hear blind.

Why do you continue to embarrass yourself by posting these lame, lame,
lame replies? :-((

Lionel

In , Clyde Slick wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

Mikey!
Lionel!

Wehre are you?

And you "wehre" are you, eh old pederast ?

PS : it is not necessary to disturb us everytime that Middius has an
aerophagia crisis, don't worry : "Too much gas is not life threatening"

"Although gas may be uncomfortable and embarrassing, it is not
life-threatening. Understanding causes, ways to reduce symptoms, and
treatment will help most people find some relief."

Reassured now ?

Are you talking about sewer gas?
Didn't they teach you not to light up down there?

Yes for example, you get it now.
So I recommend you to apply exactly the same safety instructions when you
lick Middius' ass.

:-D
Lionel

In , Clyde Slick wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message
Clyde Slick a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

dave weil a écrit :

Well, for a writer, there isn't a worse crime than plagiarism.

What is the worst crime for a third class waiter ?

Being polite to a fourth class Frenchie.

Seems that you are tired to run after Middius' ass.
Do you think you will have more chance with Weil's one ?

I am looking for a low class French slut.

LOL, a "low class french slut" is still too much high-class for you,
crab
louse.

More French snobbery.
I see it has worked its way down even to the lowest
class of French 'culture'. (an oxymoron)

Ô suprem irony ! This is coming from a guy who even don't know the name
of his religious headgear.

Anyway, better read that than to be blind... :-D

Better to be sighted than to hear blind.

I don't hear you because I wear my YalMake (lol) on the ears.

John Atkinson

Howard Ferstler wrote:
John Atkinson
4) Your fabrication of ficitious material in a supposedly factual
published article is also documented fact.

What are you talking about? You are starting to repeat
yourself.

Either your memory is failing, Mr. Ferstler, or like your hero Peter
Aczel you believe there is a statute of limitations on your dishonest
behavior. I am talking about the article you had published in the The
Audiophile Voice, where you ultimately were forced to admit that you
fabricated apparently factual passages and were forced to apologise to
those you had libeled. (Though you later withdrew that apology.)

the fact of your writing so much on RAO tells me that you are either
desperate to defend your turf...

No, that's not it.

or else there is not much going on at Stereophile headquarters these
days in the way of work.

No that's not it, either. I am merely tired of the envious yapping of
a proven plagiarist and hypocrite on the subject of the supposed
dishonesty of his journalist colleagues.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Lionel

In , Clyde Slick wrote :

The one he started himself.

In other words this is what I answered to Dave Weil when he has done
unrequested, impromptu, amiss and crude confidences about his familial
tragedies.
I am sure that you will agree that RAO is not the place for that, right ?

I've cobbled up a few things but honestly only on a cookbook basis.
I'm part of the electronic generation which if I hadn't worked in music
stores-guitars, guitar amps, Stroboconns and a few tube organs-would
have probably been a tube hater. I'm not an engineer, I don't need to
be to make the comments I have. As a good friend of mine loves to say,
"You don't have to be Frank Perdue to know chicken salad from chicken
****.".

Well designed solid state gear-designed for maintainability-is not a
bad thing. Most of the solid state gear out there today is not. A lot
of the tube gear wasn't either and most of that stuff is dead now, only
the simple and strong have survived in any quantity. So it isn't a
wholly fair comparison.

If you like to build, build whatever you're comfortable with. I'm not
against solid state at all, per se. And in fact if people like Arny
have their way, there aren't going to be any tubes left well within my
lifetime-it takes a certain critical mass of people who want a product
such as mag tape, film, or vacuum tubes to keep anyone in the business.
But Arny's wrong when he makes the flip, snotty comments he does that
the old tech is so bad. It has advantages to go along with the
disadvantages and if he were a listener instead of a geek he'd know it.

Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com
Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com

I think
Arny will bask in the attention he would get on Usenet for being

no
show. A loser like Arny knows deep down inside that attention

through
outrageous behavior is the best he will ever do in his quest to

feed
his ego. I think such attention would further feed his fantasies.

His
fantasies are all he really has. I continue to be surprised how

you
and others seem to being ignoring this guy's long history of this
very sort of behavior.

You know Scott, I was able to play Middius for several months, as

he
repeatedly made similar predictions. It appears that now I'm

playing
you essentially the same way. Keep up the good work! ;-)

If I am wrong we all get loads of entertainment at your expense.

Scott, I didn't know that you had it in for Atkinson, but I guess I

should
have figured that out given the low esteem in which you hold his
intelligence.

You aren't even making sense Arny.

You've been played either way.

Really?

Really.

I'm sticking with my prediction. I can only hope your hatred for

me can
help persuade you to show up.

Scott, my hatred for you wouldn't get me to Detroit Metro airport,

let alone
New York.

That's why I'm sticking with my prediction. I am confident you'd rather
stick Stereophile with the cost of Airfare and hotel and be a no show
than try to prove my prediction wrong.

I guess Scott you haven't figured out that in order to hate someone

you have
give them at least a little bit of credibility.

Um...no you don't. Every time you try to look smart you end up looking
dumb Arny.

Scott Wheeler

Glenn Zelniker

Howard Ferstler wrote:

To be truthful, if the magazines were not so damned
detrimental to the survival of serious audio the situation
would be positively funny.

Don't worry about serious audio, Howard. It'll be fine,
tweako-freakos (TM) or not. Serious audio is everywhere and
it's _orders_ of magnitude bigger than your "enemy."

GZ

Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

Mikey!
Lionel!

Wehre are you?

And you "wehre" are you, eh old pederast ?

PS : it is not necessary to disturb us everytime that Middius has an
aerophagia crisis, don't worry : "Too much gas is not life threatening"

"Although gas may be uncomfortable and embarrassing, it is not
life-threatening. Understanding causes, ways to reduce symptoms, and
treatment will help most people find some relief."

Reassured now ?

Are you talking about sewer gas?
Didn't they teach you not to light up down there?

Yes for example, you get it now.
So I recommend you to apply exactly the same safety instructions when you
lick Middius' ass.

I am now taking advice from a pro.
And its free.

Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message
Clyde Slick a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

dave weil a écrit :

Well, for a writer, there isn't a worse crime than plagiarism.

What is the worst crime for a third class waiter ?

Being polite to a fourth class Frenchie.

Seems that you are tired to run after Middius' ass.
Do you think you will have more chance with Weil's one ?

I am looking for a low class French slut.

LOL, a "low class french slut" is still too much high-class for you,
crab
louse.

More French snobbery.
I see it has worked its way down even to the lowest
class of French 'culture'. (an oxymoron)

Ô suprem irony ! This is coming from a guy who even don't know the name
of his religious headgear.

Anyway, better read that than to be blind... :-D

Better to be sighted than to hear blind.

I don't hear you because I wear my YalMake (lol) on the ears.

It must be the latest Lyon sewer attire.

Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

The one he started himself.

In other words this is what I answered to Dave Weil when he has done
unrequested, impromptu, amiss and crude confidences about his familial
tragedies.
I am sure that you will agree that RAO is not the place for that, right ?

I do my best to keep my
private affairs off of RAO.

Howard Ferstler

John Atkinson wrote:

Howard Ferstler wrote:
John Atkinson
4) Your fabrication of ficitious material in a supposedly factual
published article is also documented fact.

What are you talking about? You are starting to repeat
yourself.

Either your memory is failing, Mr. Ferstler, or like your hero Peter
Aczel you believe there is a statute of limitations on your dishonest
behavior. I am talking about the article you had published in the The
Audiophile Voice, where you ultimately were forced to admit that you
fabricated apparently factual passages and were forced to apologise to
those you had libeled. (Though you later withdrew that apology.)

Your world apparently revolves around me, John.

Hey, a short while ago I emailed Floyd Toole and Sean Olive.
They will be expecting you there at Harman and I told them
you would have nasty tales to tell about Ferstler. I also
mentioned my ribbing you about doing a serious DBT series
instead of wasting everyone's time with the "debate" at your
little HE2005 party. To my complete surprise, Sean seemed
interested in doing some kind of monumental DBT series in
the future with assorted golden ears taking part. He is well
aware of the big-time political pitfalls, of course.

I suggested he take up the issue with you (I also mentioned
that maybe Nousaine and Arny might be interested in helping
out, and it would be cool if someone like David Ranada could
also be involved), and I also suggested that while you might
publish the results in Stereophile, Sean or Dr. Toole might
draft a version to be published in Sound & Vision. The
bigger this project gets, the better. Might as well get this
DBT issue resolved. Right?

Heck, John, these DBT and golden-ear confrontations and
debates have been going on for years. Now we have a chance
to get some definitive input from real comparisons.

I suggested to Sean that they compare the amp section of a
cheap receiver, with lamp cord connections, to an upscale
amp preferred by knowledgeable types such as yourself,
connected with some really exotic wires. That way, the
supposed differences ought to jump right out at the
participants. Of course, I also suggested that all
components be bench checked prior to the comparison series,
to make sure that all the stuff was up to spec.

I finally suggested that they employ top-tier Revel
speakers, just to make the revelations as detailed as
possible. That way, Harman might just bankroll the party.

Hey, John, thanks for helping to get the ball rolling. I was
only joking when I made my initial "suggestion" about a
super DBT faceoff, but your comments about visiting Toole
and Olive have maybe caused the joke to turn into reality.

the fact of your writing so much on RAO tells me that you are either
desperate to defend your turf...

No, that's not it.

Sure. Your turf is a fortress that will never be in need of
defense.

or else there is not much going on at Stereophile headquarters these
days in the way of work.

No that's not it, either. I am merely tired of the envious yapping of
a proven plagiarist and hypocrite on the subject of the supposed
dishonesty of his journalist colleagues.

Good luck to you, John. You are going to need it.

PS: you and your kind are no "colleagues" of mine.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

Glenn Zelniker wrote:

Howard Ferstler wrote:

To be truthful, if the magazines were not so damned
detrimental to the survival of serious audio the situation
would be positively funny.

Don't worry about serious audio, Howard. It'll be fine,
tweako-freakos (TM) or not. Serious audio is everywhere and
it's _orders_ of magnitude bigger than your "enemy."

Yep, and its called "Home Theater."

Howard Ferstler

Arny Krueger

wrote in message
oups.com
Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com
Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com

I think
Arny will bask in the attention he would get on Usenet for being
a no show. A loser like Arny knows deep down inside that
[...]

No logical foundation has been laid for this comment.

I am confident you'd
rather stick Stereophile with the cost of Airfare and hotel and be a
no show than try to prove my prediction wrong.

Being a no show at the Stereophile 2005 gig is right up there with catching
a nasty influenza bug on my list of things I don't want to do.

I'd do it just for the satisfaction of showing certain stupid people that
the Devil's alleged recording of my voice was a lot less than facsimile
reproduction of my normal speaking voice.

I guess Scott you haven't figured out that in order to hate someone
you have give them at least a little bit of credibility.

Um...no you don't.

No logical foundation has been laid for this comment.

Every time you try to look smart you end up looking dumb Arny.

No logical foundation has been laid for this comment, either.

Howard Ferstler

Howard Ferstler wrote:

You seem so sure of this plagiarism thing.

Yep.

Then grow some gonads and do something about it that
matters, tweako.

Perhaps you
should contact the authorities, and go beyond just mouthing
off on RAO.

Why? You were already busted by your own publishers on it and had to
rewrite your profile on Peter Walker as a result.

Well, all we have here is my word on the subject, but my
publishers could not have cared less about that little
article situation. It was I who told them about it and they
basically said "So what?"

Incidentally, you need to learn to read. I did not do an
article on Peter Walker, because I could not come up with
the required information (though, lord knows I tried). The
article was a short history of Quad speakers.

The fact that you
feel no shame over this simply speaks to your complete lack of
dignitiy. That is your problem not mine.

It is not mine, either, buddy. It is your little tweako
world that is in trouble. Trust me, it is in trouble.

Think of the awards you would receive from the
other lunatics if you could clobber Ferstler out in the real
world.

You've been clobbered dude. No one in audio cares that much.

Keep dreaming. I can post something half-way controversial
here and it will be followed in a few days by a dozen
commentaries that will lead to a small multitude of posts
where you and other tweakos rant on and on. I can create a
thread that lasts for weeks. You tell me who does not care
about what I think?

You are a
nobody.

Keep dreaming, tweako.

Get a life.

Check out my four books, the editing work I did on The
Encyclopedia of Recorded Sound, and my 150+ magazine
articles. It may not be Indiana Jones, but it is more of a
life than you have, tweako.

Gotta laugh a bit at the idea of recieving an award
for clobbering you. I didn't know they had awards for shooting fish in
a barrel.

Shooting fish in a barrel requires hitting a target. So far,
all we have from you is keyboard claptrap on RAO. That is
bunk, tweako.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message

wrote:

John Atkinson wrote:

We shall see what happens, Scott.

Yes, and I hope he shows up. I just don't think he will. It would be
completely out of character for him to show up.

Yeah, who would want to show up at a lunatics' convention
and debate the head con artist?

Howard, I've done crazier things. ;-)

Give them hell, Arny.

Incidentally, after Atkinson said that he was going to visit
Harman in a month and tell Floyd Toole and Sean Olive some
nasty tales about Ferstler the plagiarist and liar, I
contacted those two gentlemen about maybe setting up a super
DBT series with a really prestigious person doing the
proctoring. (Hell, who has more prestige than Dr. Toole!) I
also prepped them for John's future tirade against me.

To my surprise, Sean indicated that he might want to arrange
a serious DBT series, and could possibly discuss it with
Atkinson when he gets there. (I am assuming that they will
be able to get him to shut up for a while about me.) I then
suggested that while John might publish the results in
Stereophile (no doubt, they would be edited in the extreme),
it would be REALLY cool if he or Dr. Toole roughed together
an article of their own to put into maybe Sound and Vision
magazine.

I indicated that maybe you or Nousaine might also become
involved, although you two would have to not get too close
to the operation or the tweakos would either be scared off
or rant about prejudice and/or anxiety problems when they
could not hear differences. The main thing would be to get
top-tier outsiders involved, so the tweakos could not claim
that the rationalists were setting them up for a fall.

I finally suggested that the most dramatic kind of DBT would
involve a cheap amp vs an expensive amp, with the former
hooked up with cheap wire and the latter hooked up with some
expensive stuff. It would be neat to compare a modest Harman
receiver to a top-line amp/preamp combo of any kind, for
example. I also suggested that they use top-line Revel
speakers to maximize the possibility of hearing differences,
and my hope is that this might trigger Harman into
bankrolling the affair.

No telling where this will go, but it would be very nice
indeed if it went all the way.

Howard Ferstler
Tom

"Lionel" wrote
Tom a écrit :
"Arny Krueger" wrote

Just shows how ignorant you are Cal. Good tubed amps make pretty nice
square waves when they clip, almost as well as SS amps.

Were you ignorant when you accused me of calling your wife
"Kroobitch" three times or were you lying? Which was it, Arny?

As you seem to be a proud and courageous guy can you confirm us solemnly
that you never participated to the pedophile cabale against Arnold Krueger
?

yes.

Your problem Lionel is that you have chosen to believe Arny
and the pony-tail coward from NWA.

I guess you have chosen your team............

Howard Ferstler

Glenn Zelniker wrote:

Howard Ferstler wrote:

To be truthful, if the magazines were not so damned
detrimental to the survival of serious audio the situation
would be positively funny.

Don't worry about serious audio, Howard. It'll be fine,
tweako-freakos (TM) or not. Serious audio is everywhere and
it's _orders_ of magnitude bigger than your "enemy."

GZ

Hey, Glenn. I forgot to say hello with my initial response.

How is it going? I am fully retired now (kicked out of the
library, finally, even part time), and have spent the last
few months upgrading the house: new flooring, expanded
middle-system AV room, new paint, some new furniture, new
interior and exterior doors, and even an expanded
woodworking shop out back. All I need now is for a hurricane
to come along and topple ten trees onto the roof.

Nice being retired. It gives me time to smell the roses and
kick a few heads here on RAO.

Howard

Howard Ferstler wrote:
wrote:

Howard Ferstler wrote:

You seem so sure of this plagiarism thing.

Yep.

Then grow some gonads and do something about it that
matters, tweako.

It has already been dealt with. You were disgraced and forced by your
publisher remedy the situation by writing the article yourself. You
have been publicly embarrassed here on RAO. Why would I want to do
anything more? Who would care that you are a plagiarist? It might mean
something more if you were somebody in journalism but you're not.
Bottom line is you're not worth the effort.

Perhaps you
should contact the authorities, and go beyond just mouthing
off on RAO.

Why? You were already busted by your own publishers on it and had

rewrite your profile on Peter Walker as a result.

Well, all we have here is my word on the subject, but my
publishers could not have cared less about that little
article situation.

That's right, all we have is the word of a fraud and plagiarist. You
have no credibility. They obviously cared enough to hold the presses
and ask you to rewrite the article. I'll bet they cared plenty.

It was I who told them about it and they
basically said "So what?"

Liar, You had to rewrite the article. That is hardly a so what. Did I
say rewrite? I mean you had to write the article yourself.

Incidentally, you need to learn to read. I did not do an
article on Peter Walker, because I could not come up with
the required information (though, lord knows I tried). The
article was a short history of Quad speakers.

The article you plagiarized was on Quad speakers, OK.

The fact that you
feel no shame over this simply speaks to your complete lack of
dignitiy. That is your problem not mine.

It is not mine, either, buddy.

Sure it is, whether you know it or not.

It is your little tweako
world that is in trouble.

My world is doing just fine. The system is sounding great. I have a
terrific music coollection. If I choose to upgrade there are more high
end options than ever before and there are more great sounding LPs and
CDs than ever before available at any number of outlets. My world as an
audiophile is pretty terrific and will be for many years to come. How
is that drill press working out for you?

Trust me, it is in trouble.

Trust you? LOL.

Think of the awards you would receive from the
other lunatics if you could clobber Ferstler out in the real
world.

You've been clobbered dude. No one in audio cares that much.

Keep dreaming. I can post something half-way controversial
here and it will be followed in a few days by a dozen
commentaries that will lead to a small multitude of posts
where you and other tweakos rant on and on. I can create a
thread that lasts for weeks.

So can I. BFD. You are insiginificant in audio and an on going joke on
RAO. You're all that and a plagiarist and fraud too. Can you get any
lower without becoming a criminal?

You tell me who does not care
about what I think?

About 6 billion people here on earth.

You are a
nobody.

Keep dreaming, tweako.

Well tell us Dimbulb, were you profiled in that book you've been
pimping?

Get a life.

Check out my four books, the editing work I did on The
Encyclopedia of Recorded Sound, and my 150+ magazine
articles. It may not be Indiana Jones, but it is more of a
life than you have, tweako.

Dream on Loser. Your work is insignificant and pathetic. Guys like you
dream of living the life I lead.

Gotta laugh a bit at the idea of recieving an award
for clobbering you. I didn't know they had awards for shooting fish

in
a barrel.

Shooting fish in a barrel requires hitting a target. So far,
all we have from you is keyboard claptrap on RAO. That is
bunk, tweako.

Dream on loser. You've been exposed. Keep us informed on the sales of
your books. Let us know if you are in the runnuing for a pulitzer prize
or something else of note.

Scott Wheeler

Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com
Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com
Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for showing once again your inability to follow a simple line of
logic.

I am confident you'd
rather stick Stereophile with the cost of Airfare and hotel and be

no show than try to prove my prediction wrong.

Being a no show at the Stereophile 2005 gig is right up there with

catching
a nasty influenza bug on my list of things I don't want to do.

You have a gig there?

I'd do it just for the satisfaction of showing certain stupid people

that
the Devil's alleged recording of my voice was a lot less than

facsimile
reproduction of my normal speaking voice.

So he has that much power over you? And you think you aren't being
played?

I guess Scott you haven't figured out that in order to hate

someone
you have give them at least a little bit of credibility.

Um...no you don't.

No logical foundation has been laid for this comment.

You are amazingly stupid. I suppose all of us who hate terrorists have
to "give them at least a little bit of credibility" to hate them in
your wierd world. Like I said, every time you try to look smart you
just look dumb.

Every time you try to look smart you end up looking dumb Arny.

No logical foundation has been laid for this comment, either.

Arny is on auto-repeat. Melt down noted.

Scott Wheeler

Howard Ferstler

Howard Ferstler wrote:
wrote:

Howard Ferstler wrote:

You seem so sure of this plagiarism thing.

Yep.

Then grow some gonads and do something about it that
matters, tweako.

It has already been dealt with. You were disgraced and forced by your
publisher remedy the situation by writing the article yourself.

Not quite, tweako.

You
have been publicly embarrassed here on RAO.

You highly overrate RAO, tweako, just like you overrate
yourself.

Why would I want to do
anything more?

Because it would prove to the people here that you are more
than just an RAO keyboard claptrapper.

Who would care that you are a plagiarist? It might mean
something more if you were somebody in journalism but you're not.
Bottom line is you're not worth the effort.

This reads like a copout to me, tweako.

Perhaps you
should contact the authorities, and go beyond just mouthing
off on RAO.

Why? You were already busted by your own publishers on it and had

rewrite your profile on Peter Walker as a result.

Well, all we have here is my word on the subject, but my
publishers could not have cared less about that little
article situation.

That's right, all we have is the word of a fraud and plagiarist. You
have no credibility. They obviously cared enough to hold the presses
and ask you to rewrite the article. I'll bet they cared plenty.

You need to get out more, tweako. Check the title page: they
have me listed as the technical editor.

It was I who told them about it and they
basically said "So what?"

Liar, You had to rewrite the article. That is hardly a so what.

I volunteered to rewrite it. They were indifferent. Say, if
I was such a problem for them why did they put my name on
the title page, under the main editor's name, listed as
"technical editor?" That does not sound like they were
having second thoughts, tweako.

Did I
say rewrite? I mean you had to write the article yourself.

I wrote nearly 200 articles, tweako.

Incidentally, you need to learn to read. I did not do an
article on Peter Walker, because I could not come up with
the required information (though, lord knows I tried). The
article was a short history of Quad speakers.

The article you plagiarized was on Quad speakers, OK.

How many articles have you had published, tweako? How many
books?

The fact that you
feel no shame over this simply speaks to your complete lack of
dignitiy. That is your problem not mine.

It is not mine, either, buddy.

Sure it is, whether you know it or not.

Only in your mind, tweako.

It is your little tweako
world that is in trouble.

My world is doing just fine. The system is sounding great.

Delusions of grandeur.

I have a
terrific music coollection.

Learn to type, or spell, tweako.

If I choose to upgrade there are more high
end options than ever before and there are more great sounding LPs and
CDs than ever before available at any number of outlets.

I have not paid for a CD, SACD, or DVD-A release in over
five years. One of the perks of being a writer and reviewer,
tweako. Oops, I did actually purchase a Channel Classics
recording of some Telemann concertos a week or two ago.
Could not get hold of that one through my regular contacts.
Well, my wife paid for it.

My world as an
audiophile is pretty terrific and will be for many years to come. How
is that drill press working out for you?

Fine, tweako. At least I can do some creative woodworking
with it and the other tools at my disposal. Just drilled,
routed, sanded, primed, painted, and installed nine new
solid-wood doors inside of my house. The best you can do is
scratch your head when you want to do woodworking.

You've been clobbered dude. No one in audio cares that much.

Keep dreaming. I can post something half-way controversial
here and it will be followed in a few days by a dozen
commentaries that will lead to a small multitude of posts
where you and other tweakos rant on and on. I can create a
thread that lasts for weeks.

So can I. BFD.

Dream on, tweako.

You are a
nobody.

Keep dreaming, tweako.

Well tell us Dimbulb, were you profiled in that book you've been
pimping?

Nope. I was too modest. However, there is a good vita of me
and the other board members on page VII.

Haw, haw, hawwww.

Gotta laugh a bit at the idea of recieving an award
for clobbering you. I didn't know they had awards for shooting fish

in
a barrel.

Shooting fish in a barrel requires hitting a target. So far,
all we have from you is keyboard claptrap on RAO. That is
bunk, tweako.

Dream on loser. You've been exposed. Keep us informed on the sales of
your books. Let us know if you are in the runnuing [sic] for a pulitzer prize
or something else of note.

Learn to spell and write, tweako. Give thinking a try, too.

Howard Ferstler

Howard Ferstler wrote:
wrote:

You and Arny for the most part. Losers like the two of you live for
Usenet where you think you have an audience. But hey, we used to

have
traveling freak shows so guys like you could have an audience. Get

life dude.

Scott Wheeler

Scott, I am retired and have time to spare.

IOW you are a has-been who never was anything of note and you have
nothing worth while to do. Sad.

I can sit here
all day long if I care to and post hundreds of times.

Like Arny. You can also go in the garage and drill holes. you have
quite the life, not.

However, except for the past two days I ordinarily hit RAO
only every three or four days, or sometimes even at longer
intervals.

Since you were exposed as a plagiarist you have been posting far less
than you used to. But now you are coming back full time even after
being totally disgraced. Dude you must have nothing else in your life
to come back here. Sad.

This is because I have other things to do, like
write audio product-review articles or review recordings, or
just go for a nice walk outdoors.

Wow you go on walks. Maybe I have underestimated you. Don't forget that
drill press. You also drill holes. Your plate is truly full.

You, on the other hand, may be a young man and I am curious
about how someone who should be gainfully employed can spend
so much time posting on RAO. There are only a few
possibilities:

1) You are posting from your work desk. Not good.

2) You are a kid who skips a lot of school. Also not good.

3) You are in prison, and spend a lot of time at one of the
computer stations that the state education department has
paid for. This at least keeps you out of the shower, where
you would probably be sodomized or murdered by some giant
named Otto.

4) You are in a mental institution, and it also has state
funded computer stations. This at least keeps you from
thumping your head against the padded walls in your room
during the day. At night, however, all bets are off.

5) You are an unemployed jerk.

You are a quite the limited thinker. Consider this for a moment. I do
much of my work at home and my work involves numerous short periods of
down time.

Scott Wheeler

Glenn Zelniker

Howard Ferstler wrote:

Hey, Glenn. I forgot to say hello with my initial response.

How is it going? I am fully retired now (kicked out of the
library, finally, even part time), and have spent the last
few months upgrading the house: new flooring, expanded
middle-system AV room, new paint, some new furniture, new
interior and exterior doors, and even an expanded
woodworking shop out back. All I need now is for a hurricane
to come along and topple ten trees onto the roof.

.... which is more or less what happened to our house. We got
wallopped by two of the three hurricanes that touched
Gainesville. The house is just now inhabitable, after months
of replacing walls, floors, huge sections of roof, and a
very expensive three weeks with a mold remediation
specialist. At least we don't have hills in Florida -- then
we'd get mud slides like those poor SoCal'ers!

Nice being retired.

Enjoy it.

It gives me time to smell the roses and
kick a few heads here on RAO.

Roses smell nice, but heads are attached to feet that kick
back. It's a big, nasty world and there are far more
important battles to be fought. Take care.

GZ
dave weil

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:27:27 +0100, Lionel
wrote:

Ô suprem irony ! This is coming from a guy who even don't know the name of
his religious headgear.

Maybe if you could spell it properly...
Lionel

In , Clyde Slick wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

Mikey!
Lionel!

Wehre are you?

And you "wehre" are you, eh old pederast ?

PS : it is not necessary to disturb us everytime that Middius has an
aerophagia crisis, don't worry : "Too much gas is not life threatening"

"Although gas may be uncomfortable and embarrassing, it is not
life-threatening. Understanding causes, ways to reduce symptoms, and
treatment will help most people find some relief."

Reassured now ?

Are you talking about sewer gas?
Didn't they teach you not to light up down there?

Yes for example, you get it now.
So I recommend you to apply exactly the same safety instructions when you
lick Middius' ass.

I am now taking advice from a pro.

Yes exactly it's an advice from the French Catholic sewer worker to the
American Jewish ass licker...
An other admirable example of international collaboration... ;-)

Lionel

In , Clyde Slick wrote :

I don't hear you because I wear my YalMake (lol) on the ears.

It must be the latest Lyon sewer attire.

How do you know that ?
Yes yellow like your one !
Lionel

In , Clyde Slick wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

The one he started himself.

In other words this is what I answered to Dave Weil when he has done
unrequested, impromptu, amiss and crude confidences about his familial
tragedies.
I am sure that you will agree that RAO is not the place for that, right ?

I do my best to keep my
private affairs off of RAO.

Good, you are an idiot with honorable intentions.
Lionel

wrote:

Ô suprem irony ! This is coming from a guy who even don't know the name of
his religious headgear.

Maybe if you could spell it properly...

I spell it the way *he* spells it, you miserable little sack of servile
****. ;-)
Arny Krueger

wrote:

John Atkinson wrote:

We shall see what happens, Scott.

Yes, and I hope he shows up. I just don't think he will. It would
be completely out of character for him to show up.

Yeah, who would want to show up at a lunatics' convention
and debate the head con artist?

Howard, I've done crazier things. ;-)

Give them hell, Arny.

They probably won't see it coming or passing. ;-)

Incidentally, after Atkinson said that he was going to visit
Harman in a month and tell Floyd Toole and Sean Olive some
nasty tales about Ferstler the plagiarist and liar, I
contacted those two gentlemen about maybe setting up a super
DBT series with a really prestigious person doing the
proctoring. (Hell, who has more prestige than Dr. Toole!) I
also prepped them for John's future tirade against me.

The truth is the best weapon.

To my surprise, Sean indicated that he might want to arrange
a serious DBT series, and could possibly discuss it with
Atkinson when he gets there. (I am assuming that they will
be able to get him to shut up for a while about me.) I then
suggested that while John might publish the results in
Stereophile (no doubt, they would be edited in the extreme),
it would be REALLY cool if he or Dr. Toole roughed together
an article of their own to put into maybe Sound and Vision
magazine.

I'd like to see a series of DBTs that properly disemboweled the letter
ratings for say amplifiers and CD players in the Stereophile RCL.

Sterephile's not-so-secret weapon is the expense of these items which no
properly-informed person would pay. People like Nousaine or I are unlikely
to run right out and buy a $25,000 or $250,000 power amp just to run a DBT.

I indicated that maybe you or Nousaine might also become
involved, although you two would have to not get too close
to the operation or the tweakos would either be scared off
or rant about prejudice and/or anxiety problems when they
could not hear differences.

The T-F contingent are free to work off their anxienties with private DBTs
base on the files at
www.pcabx.com . Trouble is, if they run the ABX course,
they are likely to come out with a slightly different attitude.

The main thing would be to get
top-tier outsiders involved, so the tweakos could not claim
that the rationalists were setting them up for a fall.

But we are - no matter what reasonable advantages we give them, as long as
the tests are properly bias-controlled, level-matched and time-synched, they
are headed for a fall.

I finally suggested that the most dramatic kind of DBT would
involve a cheap amp vs an expensive amp, with the former
hooked up with cheap wire and the latter hooked up with some
expensive stuff. It would be neat to compare a modest Harman
receiver to a top-line amp/preamp combo of any kind, for
example. I also suggested that they use top-line Revel
speakers to maximize the possibility of hearing differences,
and my hope is that this might trigger Harman into
bankrolling the affair.

Revel speakers do get pretty good reviews in some of the high end ragazines.

No telling where this will go, but it would be very nice
indeed if it went all the way.

I think that all the marks are too smart these days. It is no longer easy to
find the kind of ignorant arrogant golden-eared fool that abounded 5-8 years
ago.

Arny Krueger

[...]

If you believe his story, Scott is a Hollywood makeup artist. The nature of
his occupation is that he often has time to burn. He's apparently achieved
some success as a makeup artist which has convinced him that he is a
brilliant audio technologist, master debater, legal expert, and that he is
far more intelligent than John Atkinson.

John Atkinson

Howard Ferstler wrote:
To my complete surprise, Sean seemed interested in doing some
kind of monumental DBT series in the future with assorted
golden ears taking part...I suggested he take up the issue with
you.

Thank you for the suggestion, Mr. Ferstler.

I also mentioned that maybe Nousaine and Arny might be interested
in helping out, and it would be cool if someone like David Ranada
could also be involved...

Doesn't this conflict with your previous demands for impartial
participants, Mr. Ferstler?

and I also suggested that while you might publish the results
in Stereophile, Sean or Dr. Toole might draft a version to be
published in Sound & Vision.

I am sure that everyne you have contacted will consider your idea
on its merits, Mr. Ferstler.

snip

you and your kind are no "colleagues" of mine.

Perhaps you are correct. By using this word, I was I paying the
normal respects to a published writer. On the other hand, I
agree that you are in a different league, Mr. Ferstler. Your
colleagues don't plagiarize others' writing, don't fake their test
results, and don't fabricate purportedly factual passages.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Clyde Slick

wrote:

Ô suprem irony ! This is coming from a guy who even don't know the name of
his religious headgear.

Maybe if you could spell it properly...

That would be using Hebrew letters.

Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

[...]

I thought you only collaborated with Nazi regimes
and Iraqi dictators, but maybe we can make a batch
of Vichy-ssoise together.

Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

The one he started himself.

In other words this is what I answered to Dave Weil when he has done
unrequested, impromptu, amiss and crude confidences about his familial
tragedies.
I am sure that you will agree that RAO is not the place for that, right
?

I do my best to keep my
private affairs off of RAO.

Good, you are an idiot with honorable intentions.

You are a lying idiot.

Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

Sterephile's not-so-secret weapon is the expense of these items which no
properly-informed person would pay. People like Nousaine or I are unlikely
to run right out and buy a $25,000 or $250,000 power amp just to run a
DBT.

If irony refunded all the money you spent on sound cards!