Clyde Slick

"Paul Dormer" wrote in message
"Clyde Slick" emitted :

**** happens, get used to it, its war.
Iraq is better off now

Are you booking a holiday now?

Not quite yet, maybe in 5 years it will
condusive enough for that.

Did you vacation there during Saddams' regime?

Clyde Slick

wrote in message
ups.com...

Clyde "ChickenHawk" Slick wrote:

**** happens, get used to it, its war.

Easy to say when you're sitting safe and sound and watch the war on Fox
News, idiot.

Iraq is better off now

You know this because W, Cheney, Condi and Rumsfeld told you so, right?
Ever ask an Iraqi?

You want to believe Iraq was better off under Saddam,
you knbow this because of Michael Moore?

Clyde Slick wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Clyde Slick wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Clyde Slick wrote:

snipped

Try doing something productive like stealing food
out of the mouths of Iraqi children.

Why not do it the American way: kill their families.

What bull****! We are not targeting families.

Does the child that lost a parent care whether or not that parent

was
"targeted" or was merely "collateral damage"? Does the woman that

lost
a husband or child care? Does anyone that lost a family member,

friend
or neighbor care? How many completely innocent civilians were

killed
during the "Shock and Awe" phase of the illegal invasion of Iraq?

And
how many during the illegal occupation?

Take your purple thumb and stick it up your rear.

Do you want to lick it when I pull it out, Art?

I suppose you are also one of those WWII revisionists.

Only do the extent that it was easier to use the A bomb on the Japanese
because they are Asians. Would we have used it on Adolph and his white,
Christian country?

And lets talk about the ugly mess of the Civil War, that saved
the integrity of this Union,

Well, those states did have a legal and ethical right to seceed. But,
Lincoln did the only thing he could do.

I guess you demand your wars on pristine silver paltters,
anointed with fancy and proper doilies.

This war serves three purposes, Art: feed the defense industry, serve
the oil interests and insure the safety of Isreal. Theat's what all
those people, Americans, Iraqis and others, are being killed and maimed
for. National security and WMD were never anything but red herrings.

And we made bin Laden look like a prophet: he predicted that the US
would invade and occupy an oil-rich, Muslim country. Our actions have
made his recruiting easier.

Clyde Slick

wrote in message
oups.com...
Clyde Slick wrote:

I suppose you are also one of those WWII revisionists.

Only do the extent that it was easier to use the A bomb on the Japanese
because they are Asians. Would we have used it on Adolph and his white,
Christian country?

Under a similar set of circumstances, yes indeed.

And lets talk about the ugly mess of the Civil War, that saved
the integrity of this Union,

Well, those states did have a legal and ethical right to seceed. But,
Lincoln did the only thing he could do.

I guess you demand your wars on pristine silver paltters,
anointed with fancy and proper doilies.

This war serves three purposes, Art: feed the defense industry, serve
the oil interests and insure the safety of Isreal. Theat's what all
those people, Americans, Iraqis and others, are being killed and maimed
for. National security and WMD were never anything but red herrings.

It is about the unfinished business of 1991.

And we made bin Laden look like a prophet: he predicted that the US
would invade and occupy an oil-rich, Muslim country. Our actions have
made his recruiting easier.

He had no problems before, As long as the mosques
teach the brand of Islam that requires jihad against
non Muslim society, and jihad against Muslims
who don't sahre that brand of Islam, there will
be no shortage of recruits. This is your red herring.

George M. Middius

Paul Dormer said:

The modern British soldier has a sense of nobility and ethics that IMO
the typical GI lacks. Our army is extremely disciplined and diligent
in attaining it's goals proficiently. I note that bravado and violence
are glamorized in the US....

http://cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/02/...eut/index.html
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe...ial/index.html
http://cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/02/...der/index.html

This is pretty weak for you. Such exceptions pale into insignificance
when compared to the US's track record..

I'd say it establishes a pattern quite different from your characterization
involving "nobility and ethics".

Also, you haven't shown any evidence that "the US's track record" is any
worse. How many incidents of malfeasance have occurred, and how many
soldiers has each country deployed in Afghanistan and Iraq?

BTW, I recently had the displeasure of sampling a dish called Vegetarian
Fajitas. bleaaah!

John Atkinson

Arny Krueger wrote:
"John Atkinson" wrote in message
ups.com
Arny Krueger wrote:
"John Atkinson" wrote in

message
oups.com
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message

I still think it would be cool if John and some of his
associates and Arny and some of his supporters openly
participated in an open and public, level-matched DBT...

That is way too risky to the reputations of the usual list
of suspects, to ever happen

Note that had I meant to say that it had never happened, I would
have said that it never happened. Instead, I used words that are
oriented towards a future event.

Thus Arny Kruger tries to lay the foundation for an argument that
he really meant to say that for me to take part in a public listening
test of amplifiers would only be "too risky" if that test took place
_in the future_. Which is clearly nonsense on his part.

One obvious clue that the sentence is incomplete is the
absence of a period. I apparently got distracted by say a phone
call, and never finished the sentence properly. Had I finished
the sentence I intented [sic] to write I would have typed the
word again, followed by a period.

I think you meant to say the word "again" rather than the word again,
Mr. Krueger. But then, English isn't your first language, is it.

Rather than quibble over my typing error Atkinson, I'll say that
you've corrected me, which in some sense you have. The post was

made
with an obvious error in typing.

Only obvious to someone desparetely trying to claim that words he wrote
were not what he intended, Mr. Krueger. :-) The rest of us can only
respond to what you actually wrote.

And now I have to clean my coffee off my computer screen.

Please understand that I am just a serious about these claims as
Stereophile is/was about its claims about Armor-All for improving
the sound quality of CDs.

As we _were_ serious, Mr. Krueger, I must take it that you were
just as serious when you tried to pretend that you meant something
other than what you wrote. That you are claiming that you meant
tests "in the future" when you were deriding me for not having
taken part in public listening tests, which as I have pointed out,
is utter nonsense.

So, let me get this straight: what you are dimly trying to explain
is that _again_, what you typed is not what you meant, so therefore
you are not obliged to admit that what you typed was wrong.

Wrong Atkinson, since I'm not dimly doing anything. I'm doing it

right
out here in front of the only light there is on this forum.

"Dimly" refers, of course, to your befuddled grasp of the English
language, Mr. Krueger, not in any literal sense. All I am doing to
is trying to get you to grasp that your claim that I would not "risk"
my reputation in a public listening test is utterly and totally
incorrect. Contrary to what you implied, I _have_ done so, and as
mentioned in the part of my post that you oh so desperately clipped
in the hope that no-one would see it, on multiple occasions
(including some that you have commented on in the past, so don't
pretend you don't know what I am talking about).

I hope you can present a more persuasive case than this in front of
a live audience. :-)

I thought it would be fun to see how you responded to a taste of your
own favorite kind of debating trade liqueor [sic], John.

Well, we shall see how persuasive you can be in public, Mr. Krueger,
when you try to persuade the audience that what you said was not
actually what you meant. :-)

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

George M. Middius

John Atkinson said:

I thought it would be fun to see how you responded to a taste of your
own favorite kind of debating trade liqueor [sic], John.

Well, we shall see how persuasive you can be in public, Mr. Krueger,
when you try to persuade the audience that what you said was not
actually what you meant. :-)

Does this mean you won't be allowing "take-backs" in your debate? ;-)

Arny Krueger

"John Atkinson" wrote in message
ups.com
Well, we shall see how persuasive you can be in public, Mr. Krueger,
when you try to persuade the audience that what you said was not
actually what you meant. :-)

I have zero illusions about convincing this audience of true believers of
anything.

And why should they? After a flurry of mid-budget films of his
plays-especially those that didn't get filmed because he wouldn't allow
the obvious, or in the case of "Finishing the Picture" had just
premiered-his work will largely be forgotten, especially as schools
quit ramming "Crucible" and "Salesman" down kids' throats. Which they
will.

I'd bet anything Gwen Stefani gets "Maggie".

Yes

Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"John Atkinson" wrote in message
ups.com
Well, we shall see how persuasive you can be in public, Mr. Krueger,
when you try to persuade the audience that what you said was not
actually what you meant. :-)

I have zero illusions about convincing this audience of true believers of
anything.

That just goes to show that your real reason for engaging in the debate
is a masochistic need for self humiliation.

Lionel

Clyde Slick a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

a écrit :

Clyde "ChickenHawk" Slick wrote:

**** happens, get used to it, its war.

Easy to say when you're sitting safe and sound and watch the war on Fox
News, idiot.

Sackman is very generous with others' life...
I am curious to know where he uses to place the Iraqi in his subhuman
classification. Before or after the French ? :-(

Where did I say the French were subhuman?
I just don't like them.

You just don't like them ?
Seems to me that I read that they were *disguting* you...
Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
Clyde Slick a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

a écrit :

Clyde "ChickenHawk" Slick wrote:

**** happens, get used to it, its war.

Easy to say when you're sitting safe and sound and watch the war on Fox
News, idiot.

Sackman is very generous with others' life...
I am curious to know where he uses to place the Iraqi in his subhuman
classification. Before or after the French ? :-(

Where did I say the French were subhuman?
I just don't like them.

You just don't like them ?
Seems to me that I read that they were *disguting* you...

That would mean I don't like them.

Howard Ferstler

Clyde Slick wrote:

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message

Heck, the real Scott Wheeler ought to be mortified by the
stuff you post here, the fact that you are claiming to be
him, and the fact that you hang around RAO so much. Gee, the
real Scott Wheeler at least has a job.

Stop this Howard.
You are looking quite ridiulous.

Learn to type.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

MINe 109 wrote:

In article ,
Howard Ferstler wrote:

Try a different sockpuppet handle, pal. The one you are
using now is worn out.

This is really despicable, Howard.

Says you.

You have a consistent record of attacking your repliers by claiming they
are fake despite evidence to the contrary. Worse, you published this
pipe dream of circular logic.

You need to get out more. Most of the "subjectivity at all
cost" and preference-worshipping clowns who post here are
sockpuppets. I would hazard a guess and say that many of
them are tweako audio writers who are defending turf. The
rest are just jerks.

It's one thing if you're just having some fun on RAO, but you're way
past the point of being excused on that count.

Give me a break.

If this guy is who he says he is, the situation is
even worse. All of us would like to believe that famous
people (who are not murderers, at least) are smarter than
average and have level heads.

And agree with you implicitly, right?

No, emphatically.

That this guy does not tells me one of two things:

1. Being famous does not make you smart.

Ditto being published. Say, weren't those Armor-All and $1.25 tweaks
published?

Yes they were. An utterly goofy article by an utterly goofy
individual.

2. The guy who posts here is borrowing a famous-person's
name.

If it is number 1, the guy is a disappointment, because we
want famous people to be smart; if it is number 2, you tell
me what is "really despicable."

Your behavior.

Only to high-strung tweako audio buffs, whose worlds revolve
around their audio rigs.

Howard Ferstler

MINe 109

Howard Ferstler wrote:

MINe 109 wrote:

In article ,
Howard Ferstler wrote:

Try a different sockpuppet handle, pal. The one you are
using now is worn out.

This is really despicable, Howard.

Says you.

You have a consistent record of attacking your repliers by claiming they
are fake despite evidence to the contrary. Worse, you published this
pipe dream of circular logic.

You need to get out more.

That doesn't even come close to addressing the issue.

Most of the "subjectivity at all
cost" and preference-worshipping clowns who post here are
sockpuppets. I would hazard a guess and say that many of
them are tweako audio writers who are defending turf. The
rest are just jerks.

Maybe you're just nuts.

It's one thing if you're just having some fun on RAO, but you're way
past the point of being excused on that count.

Give me a break.

As long as you admit it's a joyless ax you grind, sure.

If this guy is who he says he is, the situation is
even worse. All of us would like to believe that famous
people (who are not murderers, at least) are smarter than
average and have level heads.

And agree with you implicitly, right?

No, emphatically.

Turns out they don't.

That this guy does not tells me one of two things:

1. Being famous does not make you smart.

Ditto being published. Say, weren't those Armor-All and $1.25 tweaks
published?

Yes they were. An utterly goofy article by an utterly goofy
individual.

So even the goofy get published...

2. The guy who posts here is borrowing a famous-person's
name.

If it is number 1, the guy is a disappointment, because we
want famous people to be smart; if it is number 2, you tell
me what is "really despicable."

Your behavior.

Only to high-strung tweako audio buffs, whose worlds revolve
around their audio rigs.

You write about what seems like every little change to your home and
however many audio rigs you have, so this applies to you.

Say, did you see that "branding" article from the LA Times that
speculated, based on brain studies, that people who avoid stylish goods
do so in part because of fear of humiliation?

Stephen
Howard Ferstler

Ruud Broens wrote:

hm, the rest of this post seems to be a continuation of some earlier
'work', let's see.. got it:
http://groups.google.nl/groups?hl=nl...ta=gr oup%3Dr
ec.audio.opinion
Howard Ferstler wrote:

Are you sure that I wrote this? I certainly might agree with
some of it, but I am pretty sure I did not write it, at
least not recently. Heck, Chuck Ross has not posted anything
for years, and I would not have used his name if he had not
been writing at that time.

I do find it funny that you went out and dug up this bit of
info from so long ago. You must have had it socked away on
your hard drive for future reference purposes. It shows that
you are rather obsessive about me. Heck, there is a good
reason for this: audio tweakos are by nature obsessive.

I am beginning to think that maybe all but Chuck Ross are Zipser. Wolfgang
Goldberg, for sure, and possibly Fear3000 - aka "Felix.". Also a chance
that Briggs, Middius, Duraybito, Singh, Leeds, and Rothmann are also him, as
well. Or, else one of them is the original, with even Zipser being
somebody's invention. Whether we are dealing with a genuine split
personality or just someone with devious motives remains to be seen. It is
hard to believe that so many different people could have such strange ideas.

This is about the funniest thing I have ever read.

You need to get out more, tweako.

Hey Howie, if you
were such a brilliant researcher, then why don't you perform some
basic research to find out if some of these people really exist.

Why should I? They are inconsequential goofballs who parrot
the same goofy ideas over and over, and defend them by
screaming "preference, preference, preference!" You seem to
like doing research. Why don't you do some digging on your
own that proves that these nitwit fellow travelers of yours
are real people.

I,
for one, can be found through many references - if you know where to
look.

Talk is cheap. Heck, if you are a real person you should be
more embarrassed than ever. At least a sockpuppet can hide
behind his handle and not have people know how dumb the
actual person is.

Zipser is even easier to find.

Yeah, he is buried in the ground!

Oh, and by the way, the name is
spelled ROTHMAN, there is no double "n" at the end - our family name
does not hail from Germany. Rather it is an Americanization (courtesy
of Ellis Island) of a Ukranian/Russian name that roughly translates to
Reutman.

Who cares?

The other amazing thing is how you find the ideas of others to be so
"strange".

Not really amazing at all. They are strange.

The really odd part is that most who read your commments
have no idea that what you really find strange is not our views on
audio, but rather those we hold about life, consumer spending,
lifestyle issues, etc.

There are two things about most of you knuckleheads that I
find offensive. One, guys like Middius cannot discuss audio
and instead substitute puerile interjections for real
information. Second, most of you HAVE stated assorted
positions on audio topics, and in nearly every case those
positions have been preposterous.

Being the quasi-depression era child you are,
you have a hard time understanding how people can spend disposable
income in what you consider to be a reckless manner.

That, and I find it hard to believe that they could spend so
stupidly. That kind of behavior transcends anything related
to the "era" one lives in. Stupid is stupid, now or in the
past.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

John Atkinson wrote:

Howard Ferstler wrote:

I felt obligated to get Floyd and Sean ready to deal with
you.

"Deal with me"? I had assumed that I was going to learn something
about their work in loudspeaker design and measurement. Now you've
given me something to look forward to, Mr. Ferstler.

Them, too, John.

Howard Ferstler
Clyde Slick

Clyde Slick wrote:

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message

Heck, the real Scott Wheeler ought to be mortified by the
stuff you post here, the fact that you are claiming to be
him, and the fact that you hang around RAO so much. Gee, the
real Scott Wheeler at least has a job.

Stop this Howard.
You are looking quite ridiulous.

Learn to type.

Learn to listen to good helpful advice.

Howard Ferstler

MINe 109 wrote:

Say, did you see that "branding" article from the LA Times that
speculated, based on brain studies, that people who avoid stylish goods
do so in part because of fear of humiliation?

You responded to my post within minutes.

Do you have a job?

Howard Ferstler
MINe 109

Howard Ferstler wrote:

MINe 109 wrote:

Say, did you see that "branding" article from the LA Times that
speculated, based on brain studies, that people who avoid stylish goods
do so in part because of fear of humiliation?

You responded to my post within minutes.

Do you have a job?

Ah, you've found a new way not to answer questions.

Stephen
Howard Ferstler

MINe 109 wrote:

In article ,
Howard Ferstler wrote:

MINe 109 wrote:

Say, did you see that "branding" article from the LA Times that
speculated, based on brain studies, that people who avoid stylish goods
do so in part because of fear of humiliation?

You responded to my post within minutes.

Do you have a job?

Ah, you've found a new way not to answer questions.

The article sounds like bunk to me. In any case, I have both
stylish goods and cut-rate versions at my place. This
applies to more than audio equipment, too, by the way.

Howard Ferstler
MINe 109

Howard Ferstler wrote:

MINe 109 wrote:

In article ,
Howard Ferstler wrote:

MINe 109 wrote:

Say, did you see that "branding" article from the LA Times that
speculated, based on brain studies, that people who avoid stylish goods
do so in part because of fear of humiliation?

You responded to my post within minutes.

Do you have a job?

Ah, you've found a new way not to answer questions.

The article sounds like bunk to me.

So you've read it? It's based on actual science.

If you didn't, I posted the link in the "It's all in your mind" thread.

In any case, I have both
stylish goods and cut-rate versions at my place. This
applies to more than audio equipment, too, by the way.

It does fit your attitude towards gear and musical performances,
eschewing any opinion that could show you up as ill-informed.

Stephen

Ruud Broens

:
: Howard Ferstler wrote:
:
: Are you sure that I wrote this? I certainly might agree with
: some of it, but I am pretty sure I did not write it, at
: least not recently. Heck, Chuck Ross has not posted anything
: for years, and I would not have used his name if he had not
: been writing at that time.
:
: I do find it funny that you went out and dug up this bit of
: info from so long ago. You must have had it socked away on
: your hard drive for future reference purposes. It shows that
: you are rather obsessive about me. Heck, there is a good
: reason for this: audio tweakos are by nature obsessive.

nothing so convulated, Howard :-) just using ferstler + schizophrenia
......sure enough, turned up quite some hits ... this posting near the top

cheers,
Rudy
no puppet to sneeze @ ;-)

: That kind of behavior transcends anything related
: to the "era" one lives in. Stupid is stupid, now or in the
: past.
:
: Howard Ferstler

Howard Ferstler

Ruud Broens wrote:

Ferstler wrote:

: Are you sure that I wrote this? I certainly might agree with
: some of it, but I am pretty sure I did not write it, at
: least not recently. Heck, Chuck Ross has not posted anything
: for years, and I would not have used his name if he had not
: been writing at that time.
:
: I do find it funny that you went out and dug up this bit of
: info from so long ago. You must have had it socked away on
: your hard drive for future reference purposes. It shows that
: you are rather obsessive about me. Heck, there is a good
: reason for this: audio tweakos are by nature obsessive.

nothing so convulated, Howard :-) just using ferstler + schizophrenia
.....sure enough, turned up quite some hits ... this posting near the top

I continue to marvel at how some of the clowns here spend
time going into the archives and digging up anything that
will show me up and a bad, misguided, and of course
deceitful individual. They cannot debate head to head about
audio (mainly because they do not know enough about the
topic to debate and must depend upon freak-journalism
magazine articles to satisfy their urges) and instead attack
the messenger by any means possible. Of course, I am not
referring to you.

Actually, such dirt-digging activities can be a good thing,
because newcomers just dropping in will discover just how
goofy some of those tweakos are.

Keep up the good work, guys.

Howard Ferstler
Sander deWaal

Howard Ferstler said:

Howard Ferstler wrote:

snip

Are you sure that I wrote this? I certainly might agree with
some of it, but I am pretty sure I did not write it, at
least not recently. Heck, Chuck Ross has not posted anything
for years, and I would not have used his name if he had not
been writing at that time.

It was a different sockpuppetmaster, as I suspected.
I already thought your sense of humor is slightly different from the
"Ferstler" that appeared here in the past

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "

Ruud Broens

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message
: said:
:
: Yes
:
:
Fercrissakes

R.

George M. Middius

Brother Horace the Unlettered said:

digging up anything that will show me up and a bad, misguided

Learn to write.

George M. Middius

Sander deWaal said:

It was a different sockpuppetmaster, as I suspected.
I already thought your sense of humor is slightly different from the
"Ferstler" that appeared here in the past

Didn't the pre-surgery FerstlerPuppet™ seem a little feistier? The current
iteration drones more and repeats itself more.

Ruud Broens

: Ruud Broens wrote:
:
: Ferstler wrote:

: nothing so convulated, Howard :-) just using ferstler + schizophrenia
: .....sure enough, turned up quite some hits ... this posting near the top
:
: I continue to marvel at how some of the clowns[*] here spend
: time going into the archives and digging up anything that
: will show me up and a bad, misguided, and of course
: deceitful individual. [#]They cannot debate head to head about
: audio (mainly because they do not know enough about the
: topic to debate and must depend upon freak-journalism
: magazine articles to satisfy their urges) and instead attack
: the messenger by any means possible. Of course, I am not
: referring to you.
:
: Actually, such dirt-digging activities can be a good thing,

thanks for admitting you have a long & %dirty% RAO history ;-)

: because newcomers just dropping in will discover just how
: goofy some of those tweakos are.
* r u sure, Howard ?
:
: Keep up the good work, guys.
:
We'll do, ehh, will do so, HF you choose

: Howard Ferstler # let's get the stat's on his h2h debating audio perc

Howard Ferstler

Sander deWaal wrote:

Howard Ferstler said:

Howard Ferstler wrote:

snip

Are you sure that I wrote this? I certainly might agree with
some of it, but I am pretty sure I did not write it, at
least not recently. Heck, Chuck Ross has not posted anything
for years, and I would not have used his name if he had not
been writing at that time.

It was a different sockpuppetmaster, as I suspected.
I already thought your sense of humor is slightly different from the
"Ferstler" that appeared here in the past

I have turned bitter in my old age, but, yes, somebody else
wrote that commentary.

Howard Ferstler