George Bozovic

Default MP3 headunit recommendation

Hi,

I am interested in buying a new Headunit CD player for my Toyota Camry
1993 with default speakers. I need to replace the cassette deck that
came standard with the car. I don't want to spend much money on a unit
and will keep the default speakers without adding an amp or anything.

Since I am in buying a CD player and MP3 players are more popular, I
though of two models that play MP3 discs.

1) Pioneer DEH-P4500MP
2) Sony CDX-MP80

The priority is sound. Which unit does have better audio quality? I am
currently abroad and don't have time to go listen to them, I will just
order them over the interent.

Also, are there any CD players in the similar price range (without the
MP3) that would offer better sound/features?

It's no biggie with the MP3 but since it's popular now why not??/

Thanks,
Pred02
Tim

"George Bozovic" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I am interested in buying a new Headunit CD player for my Toyota Camry
1993 with default speakers. I need to replace the cassette deck that
came standard with the car. I don't want to spend much money on a unit
and will keep the default speakers without adding an amp or anything.

I just got the Clarion DXZ835MP. This is one nice high end unit! Got it
online for $221. Sells at over $500 in stores in town. Has over 700
different color for display. 3 sets of Pre-Outs 4V. CD/MP3/MD/Changer.
Remote included. Motorized face. Check it out. Nice unit.

Tim

Masterson

Too bad you gave up your factory warranty.

Got it online for $221.

Tim

"Masterson" wrote in message
Too bad you gave up your factory warranty.

Got it online for $221.

How is that? It is brand new.

Tim

Tim

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
There are very few authorized online dealers. If they were authorized,
you'd have paid retail.

Paul Vina

So I have no Warrantee on this? Oh well if it goes bad I will just buy
another and *still* have paid less than the retail price of $500 + TAX +
Install fees!

Tim

Scott Gardner

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 20:46:41 -0800, "Tim"
wrote:

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
There are very few authorized online dealers. If they were authorized,
you'd have paid retail.

Paul Vina

So I have no Warrantee on this? Oh well if it goes bad I will just buy
another and *still* have paid less than the retail price of $500 + TAX +
Install fees!

Tim

Also, keep in mind that even if you didn't get the factory warranty,
Some unauthorized retailers match the factory warranty with one of
their own. You're still better off never needing it, but "no factory
warranty" doesnt' always mean "no warranty at all".

Scott Gardner

buying a headunit scat131 Car Audio 15 October 15th 03 06:43 PM
Headunit brand? Rocky Rinker Car Audio 10 October 13th 03 11:28 PM
buying a headunit scat131 Car Audio 4 August 25th 03 08:29 PM
Nissan headunit with aftermarket speakers BeeP Car Audio 0 July 23rd 03 10:19 PM
Pioneer IP-BUS daisy chain... Pioneer headunit + AUX + Pioneer XM tuner... HELP! Tom R Car Audio 2 July 12th 03 03:18 PM