Posted to rec.audio.tech
jl jl is offline

Default ar Connoisseur speaker replacement

Hello,

I purchased a used pair of AR speakers. The only markings that I see
that tell me what it may be is Connoisseur. After reading some posts
on the net/groups it appears they arethe AR30 series. I want to
replace the tweeters but I am not sure what kind to get as a direct
replacement. I don't know if they are 4ohm or 8ohm. Does anyone know
where I can find any information about these speakers? Maybe a site or
post with schematics and pictures. It has 2 speakers - tweeter and
woofer. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
joe
Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] dpierce.cartchunk.org@gmail.com is offline

On Sep 2, 1:39 pm, jl wrote:
Hello,

I purchased a used pair of AR speakers. The only markings that I see
that tell me what it may be is Connoisseur. After reading some posts
on the net/groups it appears they arethe AR30 series. I want to
replace the tweeters but I am not sure what kind to get as a direct
replacement. I don't know if they are 4ohm or 8ohm. Does anyone know
where I can find any information about these speakers? Maybe a site or
post with schematics and pictures. It has 2 speakers - tweeter and
woofer. Any help is appreciated.

Check out:

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/l...isseur_series/

Posted to rec.audio.tech
jl jl is offline

On Sep 2, 3:51*pm, wrote:
On Sep 2, 1:39 pm, jl wrote:

Hello,

I purchased a used pair of AR speakers. The only markings that I see
that tell me what it may be is Connoisseur. After reading some posts
on the net/groups it appears they arethe AR30 series. I want to
replace the tweeters but I am not sure what kind to get as a direct
replacement. I don't know if they are 4ohm or 8ohm. Does anyone know
where I can find any information about these speakers? Maybe a site or
post with schematics and pictures. It has 2 speakers - tweeter and
woofer. Any help is appreciated.

Check out:

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/l...earch/connoiss...

I found that site but unfortunately it doesn't offer much info about
the AR-30 at all. Specifically the tweeter specs. Thanks tho.
Posted to rec.audio.tech

On Sep 4, 2:49 pm, jl wrote:
On Sep 2, 3:51 pm, wrote:
Does anyone know
where I can find any information about these speakers? Maybe a site or
post with schematics and pictures. It has 2 speakers - tweeter and
woofer. Any help is appreciated.

Check out:

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/l...earch/connoiss...

I found that site but unfortunately it doesn't offer much info about
the AR-30 at all. Specifically the tweeter specs. Thanks tho.

Are both tweeters blown? If not, the remaining good one can be
measured. The speaker specifications indicate that it's a nominal
8 ohm system which suggests very strongly the tweeters are
8 ohm nominal as well.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
jl jl is offline

On Sep 4, 3:54*pm, wrote:

Are both tweeters blown? If not, the remaining good one can be
measured. The speaker specifications indicate that it's a nominal
8 ohm system which suggests very strongly the tweeters are
8 ohm nominal as well.

One of the tweeters is not blown. I guess I could measurefrom that one
and find a replacement tweeter of the same size and ohm ratings.
Thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"jl" wrote in message
One of the tweeters is not blown. I guess I could measurefrom that one
and find a replacement tweeter of the same size and ohm ratings.

Sure, if frequency range, sensitivity, power handling, dispersion, and maybe
a dozen other parameters aren't important to you.
They almost certainly will be to the final sound though.

You could try and match it by trial and error listening tests, if the cost
of tweeters is not a consideration I guess.
(unlikely given the speakers in question)
Or just put up with anything that fits if sound performance is not a
consideration.

MrT.