Posted to rec.audio.car
Edward M. Kennedy[_2_] Edward M. Kennedy[_2_] is offline

Default Pathetic

a few seconds. The bonds that had held
his body down were loosened. He felt very cold, he was shaking
uncontrollably, his teeth were chattering, the tears were rolling down his
cheeks. For a moment he clung to O'Brien like a baby, curiously comforted
by the heavy arm round his shoulders. He had the feeling that O'Brien was
his protector, that the pain was something that came from outside, from
some other source, and that it was O'Brien who would save him from it.
'You are a slow learner, Winston,' said O'Brien gently.
'How can I help it?' he blubbered. 'How can I help seeing what is in
front of my eyes? Two and two are four.'
'Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five. Sometimes they are
three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is
not easy to become sane.'
He laid Winston down on the bed. The grip of his limbs tightened
again, but the pain had ebbed away and the trembling had stopped, leaving
him merely weak and cold. O'Brien motioned with his head to the man in the
white coat, who had stood immobile throughout the proceedings. The man in
the white coat bent down and looked closely into Winston's eyes, felt his
pulse, laid an ear against his chest, tapped here and there, then he nodded
to O'Brien.
'Again,' said O'Brien.
The pain flowed into Winston's body. The needle must be at seventy,
seventy-five. He had shut his eyes this time. He knew that the fingers were
still there, and still four. All that mattered was somehow to stay alive
until the spasm was over. He had ceased to notice whether he was crying out
or not. The pai

CMAs What a pathetic mix! [email protected] Pro Audio 2 November 8th 06 04:50 PM
My system is pathetic Paul Car Audio 6 October 23rd 05 07:34 PM
This is a pathetic bunch Drake Audio Opinions 15 January 12th 05 02:09 AM
Pathetic posts Ruud Broens Audio Opinions 0 December 26th 04 04:22 PM