Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default Interpreting scope traces

Iain Churches wrote:

"George Orwell" wrote in message
rec.audio.tubes
Interpreting scope traces

Phil Allison wrote:

Now that I have a small digital camera ......

...... Phil

You should start a netsite with piccies off your scope, Phil.
If you don't want the bother of a netsite, I'd be delighted to
make a page or as many as it takes on my netsite and host
the photographs with their captions there. That would be a
major public service, I think.

Morning Andre. I was just about to make the same offer
to Phil, to host a page of pics for which he has a credit. If he
chooses to let you host these, I will be happy to provide
links on my own and several other sites with which I am
connected.

I have had a couple of off-list e-mails from peripheral
lurkers on RAT. Square wave testing is an area in
which few seem to have much knowledge/experience,
and being able to interpret what you see is the first
step to understanding what is going on. For those of
us who build PP amps with NFB, stability and
critical damping can be quite a challenge.
That may be one of the reasons that SET is so
popular for DIY :-)

Iain

Despite all the other high-faluting stuff on my netsite, I get the
feeling this project of Phil's could just be the most important and
useful thing we do this year. It would certainly be very popular
indeed, because today just about every DIYer who stays the course
sooner or later acquires a scope and knowledge of how to use it is
pretty hard to come by.

The simplicity of SET is deceptive. It costs hard work and deep
knowledge; I just let the clowns think I do it with patrician ease
(and write articles about my wu!) to infuriate them further.

Andre

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Phil Allison wrote:

[...]

If you build an SE amp in front of a crowd, or even a mob, learn to say
"no"
politely.

Patrick Turner.

hot scope leads? RchTop Vacuum Tubes 48 July 22nd 06 03:57 AM
generating tube traces on a scope tmbg Vacuum Tubes 8 August 13th 04 04:51 AM
stripping pcb traces? Ross Matheson Tech 23 August 18th 03 05:47 AM
stripping pcb traces? Ross Matheson Vacuum Tubes 23 August 18th 03 05:47 AM