Posted to rec.audio.tubes
growler growler is offline

Default You tubeheads are a bunch of assholes

ya you

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Sander deWaal Sander deWaal is offline

"growler" said:

ya you

She left you on your very first date, hm?

Puberty's a bitch.

--

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
west west is offline

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message
"growler" said:

ya you

She left you on your very first date, hm?

Puberty's a bitch.

--

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -

I am fond of the "Maggie" sound. Which model do you have and what do you use
to drive them, if you don't mind me asking?

Cordially,
west

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Iain Churches Iain Churches is offline

newsbvxh.940$384.876@trnddc05...

"growler" said:

ya you

She left you on your very first date, hm?

Puberty's a bitch.

--

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -

I am fond of the "Maggie" sound. Which model do you have and what do you
use
to drive them, if you don't mind me asking?

Cordially,
west

Can anyone supply a link to the Maggie product range?
Iain

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Iain Churches Iain Churches is offline

"growler" wrote in message
ya you

Hi Growler.

A prerequisite in tube audio is
unconditional stability. It looks as though you
fail to meet the criterion:-)

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

"west" said:

I am fond of the "Maggie" sound. Which model do you have and what do you use
to drive them, if you don't mind me asking?

I have 4 (modified) MG1 Improved speakers, currently driven by a tube
amp of my own design with KT88s in PP triode AB with a 2 ohms tap on
the OPTs.
There are 2 speakers in parallel for each channel.
The sources are a Pioneer PDS used as transport with a homebrew DAC
(CS4329) and a homebrew turntable with DIY tube phono preamp.

In the bedroom are 2 SMGAs driven by an old Yamaha receiver and a TEAC
P700 CD combination, in my hobby attic there's another pair of SMGAs
driven by whatever is floating around.
I have a huge pile of vintage audio gear and DIY amps to choose from.

Gear to be repaired, or new designs, always gets an initial listening
test on the SMGAs upstairs, then they're moved downstairs to play on
the big Maggies.

--

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

http://www.magnepan.com , as could be expected ;-)

--

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
west west is offline

Default You tubeheads are a bunch of assholes Sander

"west" said:

[...]

Sander ... Do you think that the 3.6 is worth double the cost of a 1.6?
Thanks.

west

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
west west is offline

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
i...

"growler" wrote in message
ya you

Hi Growler.

A prerequisite in tube audio is
unconditional stability. It looks as though you
fail to meet the criterion:-)

Then, how do you explain Phil?

west

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

"west" said:

Sander ... Do you think that the 3.6 is worth double the cost of a 1.6?
Thanks.

If you like more clarity and at the same time somewhat extended low
end, the cost of the 3.6 is surely worth it IMO.

You're a happy man to live in the States, where they cost only $4200.
A pair of 3.6 is over 6000 euro here, that's about 9000 dollars.......

--

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

"Iain Churches" said:

Can anyone supply a link to the Maggie product range?

http://www.magnepan.com , as could be expected ;-)

--

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -

Thanks Sander. I could not remember how the name
of the manufacturer was spelled.

Iain

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

"Iain Churches" said:

Can anyone supply a link to the Maggie product range?

http://www.magnepan.com , as could be expected ;-)

--

Sander. There seem to be no European or Scandinavian dealers
listed. Neither is there and e-mail contact address.

Iain

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

"Iain Churches" said:

Can anyone supply a link to the Maggie product range?

http://www.magnepan.com , as could be expected ;-)

Sander. There seem to be no European or Scandinavian dealers
listed. Neither is there and e-mail contact address.

Holland:
http://www.twinstaticaudio.nl/index.html
http://www.audionord-europe.nl/

Germany:
http://www.magnepanstudio.de/Magnepl...uebersicht.htm

Scandinavia:
http://www.nettkatalogen.no/bransjelist/magnepan/1.htm

--

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Feb 8, 3:56 pm, "west" wrote:

Then, how do you explain Phil?

Phil is entirely inexplicable. That is a form stability in its own
right.

My brother has a pair of vintage Maggies that I bird-dogged for him
nearly 25 years ago. They are in remarkably good condition and sound
remarkable as well. But they visually dominate any setting they are
in... so it goes. He likes them which is all-important.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

"Peter Wieck" said:

My brother has a pair of vintage Maggies that I bird-dogged for him
nearly 25 years ago. They are in remarkably good condition and sound
remarkable as well. But they visually dominate any setting they are
in... so it goes. He likes them which is all-important.

Vintage Maggies are fine.

My Maggies MG1 Improved can still compete with the later models,
especially when driven from a good tube amp.
I have had OPTs made, with a 2 ohms tap, to drive 2 of them *in
parallel* for each channel.

With 20 watts of KT88 PP in triode, this system sings really
beautifully, be it not extremely loud (surprise!!) ;-)

Piano is its forte, just as I intended.

--

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -

FA: Studio liquidation, bunch of stuff Chip Pro Audio 3 May 24th 05 02:23 AM
This is a pathetic bunch Drake Audio Opinions 15 January 12th 05 02:09 AM
Stupid Assholes SickNtired Car Audio 5 November 14th 04 02:40 AM
We're all a bunch of liars. Kurt Riemann Pro Audio 179 July 14th 04 05:22 PM
BASS_ Was: We're all a bunch of liars. Danny Taddei Pro Audio 0 July 8th 04 05:31 PM