WideGlide

Default Need recommendation for pro acoustician - Long Island, NY - isolation project

Hello,

I am looking for a professional acoustician to visit a location on Long
Island, NY, and help with isolating a home studio. It is a big room, wood
framed building, need to contain high SPLs ... fairly complex situation.
I'd like some measurements taken and calculations performed to determine
what kind of TL performance is obtainable via various construction plans.
Some isolation construction has already been completed. Want to determine
the best path from here before proceeding with further construction. Any
help would be appreciated in my search for a top-notch reputable acoustics
person that has experience with this sort of thing. Thank you.

Chris Whealy

WideGlide wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for a professional acoustician to visit a location on Long
Island, NY, and help with isolating a home studio. It is a big room, wood

snip

Contact Angelo Campanella of http://www.campanellaacoustics.com/

He's based in Columbus, Ohio, but he's a well respected and very
experienced acoustician. He will probably have some contacts in your area.

Chris W

--
The voice of ignorance speaks loud and long,
but the words of the wise are quiet and few.

Mike Rivers

In article writes:

I am looking for a professional acoustician to visit a location on Long
Island, NY, and help with isolating a home studio. It is a big room, wood
framed building, need to contain high SPLs ... fairly complex situation.

How about John Storyk. He's in the New York area.
http://www.wsdg.com

His booth at AES won the Scott Dorsey award for the best cleavage, so
how can you go wrong with that, plus you get the guy who designed
Electric Ladyland and about 1400 other facilities world wide. He even
designs home project studios.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )

sodderboy

Fran Manzella Design is in Westchester NY

http://fmdesign.com/

Fran will be straight from the begining about high volume in a
residential setting. He has designed first class rooms all over the
world, and knows the need for external silence.
I am more of a "little-guy", and he has designed many cost-effective
soundproofing "fixes" for me in existing spaces over the past ten
years, ranging from door seals to front-wall reconstruction. He is
always my first choice when it is time for acoustic change and
improvement.
Huh?
PS: and he does not fill a bloody room's structure full of SAND, like
someone else in the NYC area. "A DAY AT THE BEACH"

Kurt Albershardt

sodderboy wrote:

he does not fill a bloody room's structure full of SAND, like
someone else in the NYC area. "A DAY AT THE BEACH"

Hey--sand works really well for isolation.

Kurt Albershardt

sodderboy wrote:

he does not fill a bloody room's structure full of SAND, like
someone else in the NYC area. "A DAY AT THE BEACH"

Hey--sand works really well for isolation.

Powerful Argument in Favor of Agnosticism and Athetism Robert Morein Audio Opinions 3 August 17th 04 06:37 AM
wrap test Mike Pro Audio 14 September 7th 03 05:24 PM
"Project Gramophone" discussion group started -- do contribute ... Jon Noring General 0 August 9th 03 03:51 PM
DIY Speaker project recommendation Matt Distefano Tech 0 July 28th 03 06:07 AM