Jim Ballard

Default Fostex D-160 Drive

I picked up a used Fostex D-160 recorder a while back so that I could do
some location recording, then be able to dump into ProTools via the ADAT
pipe. The problem is that the drive that is in the unit isn't large
enough to record 16 tracks for very long. Not a good thing for capturing
a live show. I've tried without success to find where I could find
larger drives, checking both with Fostex, who have been no help at all,
to third party manufacturers. Does anyone know where I can find someone
who makes a suitable drive for this unit? 30 gig would be nice, but I
can even live with 10. Or should I just break down and get another
recorder for location stuff?
Thanks
jim