Posted to rec.audio.car
Mike_Schwartz Mike_Schwartz is offline

Default how to "turn off" the reverb?

We have a 2002 Toyota Camry, and generally are happy with the am/fm
radio (& CD player) that came with it. However, to me it sounds like
I am in an echo chamber. Our other Camry (with a Sony sound system)
doesn't have that "reverberator" effect. I think it is caused by
"some" of the speakers being "delayed" relative to the other[s]. Is
that right? How can I figure out how to "turn off" the reverb, when i
tis my turn to own that car? Any advice would be appreicated;
Thanks, Mike Schwartz - Glendale AZ USA.

Posted to rec.audio.car
cdd cdd is offline

On Mar 2, 2:18 pm, "Mike_Schwartz" wrote:
We have a 2002 Toyota Camry, and generally are happy with the am/fm
radio (& CD player) that came with it. However, to me it sounds like
I am in an echo chamber. Our other Camry (with a Sony sound system)
doesn't have that "reverberator" effect. I think it is caused by
"some" of the speakers being "delayed" relative to the other[s]. Is
that right? How can I figure out how to "turn off" the reverb, when i
tis my turn to own that car? Any advice would be appreicated;
Thanks, Mike Schwartz - Glendale AZ USA.

It may be possible that someone has wired the speakers to the wrong
terminals-ie The left rear speaker
has been wired to the left speaker rear positive terminal of the head
unit but the negative has been wired to- say the right
negative terminal of the head unit--------Basically you have most, if
not all your speaker outputs mixed up relative to your speakers. Check
this first as you would require a good sense of sound to hear the
difference between front/rear time.

Posted to rec.audio.car
X-OvrDistortion X-OvrDistortion is offline

Try looking in the owners manual to see if the radio has any option like
the one you are talking about.

--
X-OvrDistortion

Reverb Tip Jonny Durango Pro Audio 4 November 4th 05 10:50 PM
enhancing early reflections? [email protected] Pro Audio 4 April 28th 05 05:51 PM
Creating Dimension In Mixing- PDF available on Request (112 pages0 kevindoylemusic Pro Audio 14 February 14th 05 06:58 PM
advanced reverb technique [email protected] Pro Audio 2 December 12th 04 01:24 AM
Damn, digital reverb (still) WillStG Pro Audio 46 August 15th 03 06:03 AM