Default Clone Ensemble dispute

Hi, Trevor Magnusson the Clone Ensemble guy here.
Does any here know a guy called Steve Worful? Might also go by the
handle of Yephoe or YephoesBack. He claims to be a registered Clone
Ensemble user, wants the unlock key after a disk crash (sad story, I
hear it a lot, and almost always come to the rescue). Trouble is I have
no records of the guy, and I keep pretty good records. Then again there
were a couple of times *I* had a disk crash, and a registration or two
might have slipped from my files.
It's really hard to find the right balance between playing firm with a
scam artist, and the risk of insulting an innocent user.