Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] kenmany@hotmail.com is offline

Default Amp Question

I currently have a 06 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab. I have a Pioneer AVIC-
Z1 Head unit, Infinity Ref Series 6010 Component System in front,
Infinity Ref. Series 6412 cfp speakers in rear and all are powered by
a Infinity Reference 7541 amp. I have just purchase a sub/box and
mono channel amp. My IR7541 amp has the preamp output. How do I need
to go about installing the new amp for the sub?

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
I currently have a 06 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab. I have a Pioneer AVIC-
Z1 Head unit, Infinity Ref Series 6010 Component System in front,
Infinity Ref. Series 6412 cfp speakers in rear and all are powered by
a Infinity Reference 7541 amp. I have just purchase a sub/box and
mono channel amp. My IR7541 amp has the preamp output. How do I need
to go about installing the new amp for the sub?

If the Pioneer has a subwoofer output, your best best would be to run a set
of RCA's right to the deck or the brain if that is where the sub out is.
Doing it that way will let let control things like xover frequency,
subvolume, and probably other sub functions right from the pioneer deck

Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] kenmany@hotmail.com is offline

On Feb 26, 2:29 pm, "e-nigma" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

I currently have a 06 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab. I have a Pioneer AVIC-
Z1 Head unit, Infinity Ref Series 6010 Component System in front,
Infinity Ref. Series 6412 cfp speakers in rear and all are powered by
a Infinity Reference 7541 amp. I have just purchase a sub/box and
mono channel amp. My IR7541 amp has the preamp output. How do I need
to go about installing the new amp for the sub?

If the Pioneer has a subwoofer output, your best best would be to run a set
of RCA's right to the deck or the brain if that is where the sub out is.
Doing it that way will let let control things like xover frequency,
subvolume, and probably other sub functions right from the pioneer deck

Yes...It does have have the Sub Output. So what I wanna do is run
from the Head Unit to the new amp. What is the Preamp Output for?

Posted to rec.audio.car
mfreak mfreak is offline

On Feb 26, 2:16 pm, wrote:
On Feb 26, 2:29 pm, "e-nigma" wrote:

wrote in message

roups.com...

I currently have a 06 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab. I have a Pioneer AVIC-
Z1 Head unit, Infinity Ref Series 6010 Component System in front,
Infinity Ref. Series 6412 cfp speakers in rear and all are powered by
a Infinity Reference 7541 amp. I have just purchase a sub/box and
mono channel amp. My IR7541 amp has the preamp output. How do I need
to go about installing the new amp for the sub?

If the Pioneer has a subwoofer output, your best best would be to run a set
of RCA's right to the deck or the brain if that is where the sub out is.
Doing it that way will let let control things like xover frequency,
subvolume, and probably other sub functions right from the pioneer deck

Yes...It does have have the Sub Output. So what I wanna do is run
from the Head Unit to the new amp. What is the Preamp Output for?

Daisy-chaining many amps together from one source signal, ie if you
wanted to run 2 sub amps.

Posted to rec.audio.car
mfreak mfreak is offline

On Feb 26, 2:16 pm, wrote:
On Feb 26, 2:29 pm, "e-nigma" wrote:

wrote in message

roups.com...

I currently have a 06 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab. I have a Pioneer AVIC-
Z1 Head unit, Infinity Ref Series 6010 Component System in front,
Infinity Ref. Series 6412 cfp speakers in rear and all are powered by
a Infinity Reference 7541 amp. I have just purchase a sub/box and
mono channel amp. My IR7541 amp has the preamp output. How do I need
to go about installing the new amp for the sub?

If the Pioneer has a subwoofer output, your best best would be to run a set
of RCA's right to the deck or the brain if that is where the sub out is.
Doing it that way will let let control things like xover frequency,
subvolume, and probably other sub functions right from the pioneer deck

Yes...It does have have the Sub Output. So what I wanna do is run
from the Head Unit to the new amp. What is the Preamp Output for?

For daisy-chaining multiple amps from one source signal, ie, you'd
like to run 2 or more sub amps from that one set or RCA's.

Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] kenmany@hotmail.com is offline

On Feb 26, 3:22 pm, "mfreak" wrote:
On Feb 26, 2:16 pm, wrote:

On Feb 26, 2:29 pm, "e-nigma" wrote:

wrote in message

roups.com...

I currently have a 06 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab. I have a Pioneer AVIC-
Z1 Head unit, Infinity Ref Series 6010 Component System in front,
Infinity Ref. Series 6412 cfp speakers in rear and all are powered by
a Infinity Reference 7541 amp. I have just purchase a sub/box and
mono channel amp. My IR7541 amp has the preamp output. How do I need
to go about installing the new amp for the sub?

If the Pioneer has a subwoofer output, your best best would be to run a set
of RCA's right to the deck or the brain if that is where the sub out is.
Doing it that way will let let control things like xover frequency,
subvolume, and probably other sub functions right from the pioneer deck

Yes...It does have have the Sub Output. So what I wanna do is run
from the Head Unit to the new amp. What is the Preamp Output for?

For daisy-chaining multiple amps from one source signal, ie, you'd
like to run 2 or more sub amps from that one set or RCA's.- Hide quoted text -

That is what I thought. As far as power to the new amp...Do I have to
run a new power to the battery or can I somehow run off existing?

Posted to rec.audio.car
mfreak mfreak is offline

That is what I thought. As far as power to the new amp...Do I have to
run a new power to the battery or can I somehow run off existing?

I'd run one big power cable to the back, Put a distro block in the
trunk, and connect all your amps that. That way you only need one
fuse, and you use a lot less cable. They come in all sizes and
config's, such as: 1 4g wire in and four 8g wires out.. You can use
your existing wire as long as it's big enough to power both amps.
Check something like http://www.the12volt.com/info/recwirsz.asp to see
if what you have is in fact big enough.

Posted to rec.audio.car
D.Kreft D.Kreft is offline

On Feb 27, 11:13 am, "mfreak" wrote:

I'd run one big power cable to the back, Put a distro block in the
trunk, and connect all your amps that. That way you only need one
fuse...

Actually, there should be two fuses:

1. one big one up front, preferably no more than 12" away from the
battery, and

2. one for each amp in the installation on or near your amp rack.

Having just one fuse up front will only protect you against
catastrophic car damage in the event there's a short--it won't protect
your amps themselves. Even if your amp has a built-in fuse or other
protection, it's still a good idea to add another in your distro block
in the rear so it's easy to get to.

-dan