Ty Ford

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 13:51:07 -0400, Bob Cain wrote
(in message ):

Ty Ford wrote:

That would be the equivalent of making decisions about the colors in
artwork
while wearing polarized sun glasses.

Ty, as always you take things to such extremes. If really
good monitors are adequate for discerning subtle differences
in mics, pre-amps, processing and mixing then they should
easily be good enough for hearing subtle differences in
microphones in a test situation. It's just another process
involved in the chain. If the chain up to it is good enough
for the purposes to which we put it, it will be good enough
for microphone comaparisons if the source is recorded and
reproduced as flat and clean as we know we can do.

Bob

Dear Bob,

For the 40 millionth time, I must warn you about saying that I exaggerate.

You're at least two degrees away from reality with this method due to the use
of the speaker and amp. There are other reasons why this method just doesn't
make it in my book. I won't bore you with the details. Enjoy it if you like.

Regards,

Ty Ford