Luther

Default Sennheiser MD 421 II Frequency Rolloff Question

OK, this question might be a little hard to understand...

I have a question about the "components" of the frequency roll-off
procedure. If you look at the microphone, there is a little dial-like piece
that has 5 selections for 5 different settings of roll-off. It looks
something like this S - - - M. My question is: "What do the S and the M
mean???"

-Luther in ND

Steve King

"Luther" wrote in message
OK, this question might be a little hard to understand...

I have a question about the "components" of the frequency roll-off
procedure. If you look at the microphone, there is a little dial-like

piece
that has 5 selections for 5 different settings of roll-off. It looks
something like this S - - - M. My question is: "What do the S and the M
mean???"

S for speech. M for music. If there is a third position that uses S&M
simultaneously, then the microphone is used for something else entirely not
necessarily associated with audio.

Steve King

Chris Seifert

I believe the "M" position is flat frequency response and the "S" is
the most servere low cut on the mic. The three positions in between
are incresing amounts of low cut with the "S" postion the most low cut
availalb.e

Best,
Chris
wavetrap

"Luther" wrote in message ...
OK, this question might be a little hard to understand...

I have a question about the "components" of the frequency roll-off
procedure. If you look at the microphone, there is a little dial-like piece
that has 5 selections for 5 different settings of roll-off. It looks
something like this S - - - M. My question is: "What do the S and the M
mean???"

-Luther in ND

Scott Dorsey

Luther wrote:
OK, this question might be a little hard to understand...

I have a question about the "components" of the frequency roll-off
procedure. If you look at the microphone, there is a little dial-like piece
that has 5 selections for 5 different settings of roll-off. It looks
something like this S - - - M. My question is: "What do the S and the M
mean???"

Speech and Music. (Or the German equivalents.)