Posted to rec.audio.car
Barry & Nikki Barry & Nikki is offline

Default Stock Honda Stereo ??

Anyone here work at a Honda dealership and can get the anti-theft code for a
stock Honda stereo? If so please contact me directly so that I can get you
the pertinent info. that you need.

And to those that are brain surgeons on here and arrive at the brilliant
conclusion and figure it out all by yourselves that its stolen yada yada
yada. You're CORRECT!!! So keep your comments to yourself. I obtained it
legally at a local police auction. So do not read me the riot act. Spend
your time finding the Goon that stole it and turn him in instead of wasting
thread space stating the obvious.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

Barry & Nikki wrote:
Anyone here work at a Honda dealership and can get the anti-theft code for a
stock Honda stereo? If so please contact me directly so that I can get you
the pertinent info. that you need.

And to those that are brain surgeons on here and arrive at the brilliant
conclusion and figure it out all by yourselves that its stolen yada yada
yada. You're CORRECT!!! So keep your comments to yourself. I obtained it
legally at a local police auction. So do not read me the riot act. Spend
your time finding the Goon that stole it and turn him in instead of wasting
thread space stating the obvious.

Does it take a brain surgeon to simply CALL a Honda dealership? Most
have toll-free numbers.
Posted to rec.audio.car
Barry & Nikki Barry & Nikki is offline

There is ALWAYS a smart ass in the group; most of the time more than one.

BRILLIANT idea you are always the brain surgeon here on the group. If I
wanted to pay $100-$85 for a stupid ass code then I would. It's not that
important to me though.

Just because you may have a sexual relation with a dealership in your area
does not mean I do.

Man; why is this group always full off people like yourself that just state
the obvious instead of offering real help? I think I enjoy the sporge more
than I enjoy the likes of brain surgeon answers.

"Matt Ion" wrote in message
Barry & Nikki wrote:
Anyone here work at a Honda dealership and can get the anti-theft code

for a
stock Honda stereo? If so please contact me directly so that I can get

you
the pertinent info. that you need.

And to those that are brain surgeons on here and arrive at the brilliant
conclusion and figure it out all by yourselves that its stolen yada

yada
yada. You're CORRECT!!! So keep your comments to yourself. I obtained it
legally at a local police auction. So do not read me the riot act. Spend
your time finding the Goon that stole it and turn him in instead of

wasting
thread space stating the obvious.

Does it take a brain surgeon to simply CALL a Honda dealership? Most
have toll-free numbers.

Posted to rec.audio.car
DJ NoMore DJ NoMore is offline

Barry & Nikki wrote:
There is ALWAYS a smart ass in the group; most of the time more than one.

BRILLIANT idea you are always the brain surgeon here on the group. If I
wanted to pay $100-$85 for a stupid ass code then I would. It's not that
important to me though.

Just because you may have a sexual relation with a dealership in your area
does not mean I do.

Man; why is this group always full off people like yourself that just state
the obvious instead of offering real help? I think I enjoy the sporge more
than I enjoy the likes of brain surgeon answers.

I will warn you though, calling the Honda Dealership doesn't always work
because they used to ask for the VIN number along with the number off of
the radio. If the VIN doesn't match the radio number, they probably
won't give you the unlock code. IIRC, both pieces of information were
required in order to get the unlock code, unless you had special
provisions. For example, my 2007 Accord was totaled in October 2007 and
my insurance company did not want the locking lugnut key or the radio
code, even though I offered to mail them everything I had.

I figure it is just as well because they have my after market iPOD
controller, 10" Subwoofer, and amp that the wrecker yard would not let
me remove from the vehicle. Not that big of a loss because the sub
looked damaged from the accident and so did the amp because the sub came
unbolted from its mounting bracket and slammed straight into the amp.
Posted to rec.audio.car
Barry & Nikki Barry & Nikki is offline

Actually I guess I should be glad you did not give me the real brain
surgeons answer of "Go look for it in the glove box".

Posted to rec.audio.car
Barry & Nikki Barry & Nikki is offline

I am assuming that not having the VIN number is no problem being I have
explained my situation to 5 different dealerships in my area and they are
more than willing to help but only after I fork over anywhere between
$100-$85.

I guess there is more than one way to make your monthly quotas when car
sales are down at your dealership. Got to love greed.

"DJ NoMore" wrote in message
Barry & Nikki wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
MG[_2_] MG[_2_] is offline

"Barry & Nikki" wrote in message
Actually I guess I should be glad you did not give me the real brain
surgeons answer of "Go look for it in the glove box".

Are you putting it into another Honda? If you're an owner, contact American
Honda corporate. They are usually pretty helpful.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy[_3_] Captain Howdy[_3_] is offline

Did you try ebay?

In article , "Barry & Nikki"
wrote:
Actually I guess I should be glad you did not give me the real brain
surgeons answer of "Go look for it in the glove box".

Posted to rec.audio.car
Barry & Nikki Barry & Nikki is offline

I've seen a few offers there. I'll admit it though I am cheap. It's a matter
of principle for me now knowing that Honda wants cash just for a small bit
of info. that costs them nothing. They brought it upon themselves by
implementing such a concept on their stereos. Lets face it 99% of the people
needing the code need it because their battery was disconnected; not
thieves.

"Captain Howdy" wrote in message
Did you try ebay?

In article , "Barry &

Nikki"
wrote:
Actually I guess I should be glad you did not give me the real brain
surgeons answer of "Go look for it in the glove box".

Posted to rec.audio.car
Christopher \Torroid\ Ott Christopher \Torroid\ Ott is offline

The info you're after is specific to a Honda dealer, so you might have
better luck asking on one of the Honda newsgroups. You're more likely to
find someone who works in a Honda service dept there...

If you go test drive a car, you might be able to schmooze the salesman into
helping out.

Chris

wrote:
Actually I guess I should be glad you did not give me the real brain
surgeons answer of "Go look for it in the glove box".

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

Barry & Nikki wrote:
I am assuming that not having the VIN number is no problem being I have
explained my situation to 5 different dealerships in my area and they are
more than willing to help but only after I fork over anywhere between
$100-$85.

So why the assumption that someone here working at a Honda dealership is
any more likely to help you for free?

Call them, they want money; visit them, they want money... ask on the
internet, maybe they won't want money?
Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

Barry & Nikki wrote:
I've seen a few offers there. I'll admit it though I am cheap. It's a matter
of principle for me now knowing that Honda wants cash just for a small bit
of info. that costs them nothing. They brought it upon themselves by
implementing such a concept on their stereos. Lets face it 99% of the people
needing the code need it because their battery was disconnected; not
thieves.

So put in an aftermarket deck. That'll learn'em.
Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

Barry & Nikki wrote:
There is ALWAYS a smart ass in the group; most of the time more than one.

We try to hold up our end.

BRILLIANT idea you are always the brain surgeon here on the group. If I
wanted to pay $100-$85 for a stupid ass code then I would. It's not that
important to me though.

Important enough to make a big stink over though, eh? Even for a brain
surgeon who doesn't want anyone to suggest something HE NEGLECTED TO
MENTION HE'D ALREADY TRIED?

Man; why is this group always full off people like yourself that just state
the obvious instead of offering real help?

Maybe because history has shown it's NOT obvious to everyone, and you
VERY OBVIOUSLY didn't state that you'd already gone that route. You'd
be surprised how many dimwits DON'T try "the obvious" first.
Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

Christopher "Torroid" Ott wrote:
The info you're after is specific to a Honda dealer, so you might have
better luck asking on one of the Honda newsgroups. You're more likely to
find someone who works in a Honda service dept there...

That's obvious too, so he's probably already done that, but not bothered
to mention it, so he can berate you for suggesting the obvious.
Posted to rec.audio.car
Barry & Nikki Barry & Nikki is offline

The assumption that someone is also a car audio enthusiast and wants to help
another enthusiast out. That is the reason I came here as well as have asked
questions on other subject matter here in the past. Isn't that what this
forum is suppose to be about??

Posted to rec.audio.car
Barry & Nikki Barry & Nikki is offline

Actually I am putting it into a non-Honda commuter car. It has a 6-disc in
dash feature yet it still has the look of a blah stock stereo that won't
draw too much attention while the car sits at a park-n-ride. I have a few
hundred other stereos that I could put in but they just scream to be stolen
whee they sit in a dash opening. Thus I am going for a stealthier look yet
upgrading.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Barry & Nikki Barry & Nikki is offline

Actually that one ain't so obvious but who really has the time to get
hounded by a salesman? I know I don't.

As for not stating EVERYTHING that I have tried I attempted to make the
thread as short and to the point as I could.

I ask for a self explanitory amount of help: You work at a dealer or have
access to such info. can you help? There should have been no discussion.
You can either get the info or you can not. If you could then all I asked
was for a contact. PERIOD!!!

Posted to rec.audio.car
Barry & Nikki Barry & Nikki is offline

See my above post as to why I want to put this particular deck in since you
obviously want everything spelled out for you. Of which it really should not
matter to you what I do or want to do in this situation but......

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

Barry & Nikki wrote:

As for not stating EVERYTHING that I have tried I attempted to make the
thread as short and to the point as I could.

You started off by hurling an insult at the group in general, and then
neglected to list what you'd already tried... then you get upset because
those you insulted suggest something you'd already tried.

You're off to a smashing start.