Default Wireless headphones: VERY odd behaviour from the transmitter, perhaps solvable

Hi,

(If there is a better group to post this to, please let me know.)

I bought an Addicon 19900 wireless headphone set on eBay. It works
fine for about 2 minutes and then the transmitter shuts off (LED turns
off and the headphones stop picking up a signal). Very strange.

There are 3 channels to choose from, i.e. 3 carrier frequencies the
transmitter can broadcast on. To restart the transmitter after it
shuts itself off, all I need to do is change the channel. Then the LED
comes back on! (For another 2 minutes or so, when the cycle repeats.)

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this behaviour before. It happens no
matter which DC adaptor or audio input I connect to the faulty
transmitter. The headset works fine and I replaced the batteries just
to be sure.

Thanks,

Mark

wkearney99

I bought an Addicon 19900 wireless headphone set on eBay.

Uh oh. Now you know why you got such a deal...

It works
fine for about 2 minutes and then the transmitter shuts off (LED turns
off and the headphones stop picking up a signal). Very strange.

Not really, from a basic electronics standpoint it sounds like something's
charging up a capacitor or other circuit and then it dies. Possibly
overheats or even as simple as just a loose solder joint. Crack the box and
eye up the components for heat damage and/or bad solder connections.