tor 2 u

Default Question about Jupiter

Arny Krueger wrote in message :

How many times until you learn, paedo? I might skim-read one in twenty
of your posts. Don't bother talking to me. I don't read what you
write.

Do you seriously think that I write replies to your posts just for you to
read, Graham?

Hey boys, we've got another one that just fell off the turnip truck!

Arny, please don't talk like that. Who are those boys? When can I see you
without those boys? Please, Arny......

Arny is My Kroo-Daddy
tor 2 u

Arny Krueger wrote in message :

You can't even ask a diret question, can you?

I don't know what a "diret" question might be.

Arny, I think he made a typo. Do you ever make typos?

It's that ole debating trade technique at work.

See where your dominatrix act got you, Singh? Singh ponied up the true facts
and made you look like an even bigger idiot than you already had made of
yourself.

What is this game Arny? This post is from Dave. I know he doesn't like you, and
Singh doesn't like you, but I always thought they are two different peoples. How
did you figure out they are the same person? Please explain it to me Arny. I'm
not smart like you but I want to understand everything the way you do.

Arny is My Kroo-Daddy
dave weil

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 22:06:04 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"trotsky" wrote in message

dave weil wrote:
On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 12:00:32 GMT, trotsky wrote:

dave weil wrote:

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 20:22:16 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Perhaps Fedex is more conducive to helping with conspiracies.

In this case it's quite clear that Singh can rise to factual
challenges far better than Weil.

That's because he's a submissive.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

You and Middius must have more of a relationship than I thought.

I doubt it. You actually have more of a relationship with him than I
do, since money has actually changed hands between you.

Arnold says jump and you say, "How high"? That's pretty submissive...

Yeah, that's believable: I'm at Arny's beck and call all the time.

Indeed. It seems like Weil is trying to move ahead in RAO's race to total
insanity.

Are you grounded in reality on any topic, dave?

In Weil world, being reasonably agreeable tags you as a "submissive".

Now *this* is worlds being turned upside down.
dave weil

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:36:34 -0700, "ScottW"
wrote:

Because, despite what Arnold and
Mike have said (and yes, even the Devil), they ARE NOT mediocre
speakers in the least. They do FAR more things right than they

do
wrong. And that puts them ahead of many commercial designs.

Name some comparably priced speakers currently on the market
that you think are inferior to the Jupiters, please.

I didn't mention price.
trotsky

Arny Krueger wrote:

In Weil world, being reasonably agreeable tags you as a "submissive".

I wasn't reasonable, Arny--"ScottW" and dave weil pointed out a gaffe
that I made with respect to personal information. You asked a ****ty
question and don't even realize it.

dave weil

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 03:06:57 GMT, trotsky wrote:

Arny Krueger wrote:

In Weil world, being reasonably agreeable tags you as a "submissive".

I wasn't reasonable, Arny--"ScottW" and dave weil pointed out a gaffe
that I made with respect to personal information. You asked a ****ty
question and don't even realize it.

Ohhhh, I think he did. I think he was fishing for personal
information. That's why I didn't comply.
Joseph Oberlander

George M. Middius wrote:

trotsky said:

You've been stealing my intellectual property for years.

Shouldn't that be "my mother****ing intellectual property"?

Q: is it really stealing when the copy is so bad that it's
barely functional?

George M. Middius

Obie Wanna Clue said:

You've been stealing my intellectual property for years.

Shouldn't that be "my mother****ing intellectual property"?

Q: is it really stealing when the copy is so bad that it's
barely functional?

It's getting pretty tedious reading your "what are you guys talking
about?" posts. Can't you please educate yourself instead of acting
like a Krooger klone?

Lionel

trotsky wrote:

Arny Krueger wrote:

In Weil world, being reasonably agreeable tags you as a "submissive".

I wasn't reasonable, Arny--"ScottW" and dave weil pointed out a gaffe
that I made with respect to personal information. You asked a ****ty
question and don't even realize it.

As you use to transform all "interesting questions" in "****ty
questions" some of us prefer to take the shortcut...

Arny Krueger

"ScottW" wrote in message
"dave weil" wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 12:31:52 GMT, Joseph Oberlander
wrote:

Oh. Humm - that means I can go look at them if he starts selling
them on consignment/etc - because he'll go to a local audio store
or two first. It would actually be interesting to hear them.

It *is* interesting to hear them. I think it's rather important to
hear them before commenting on them.

Normally, I would agree. But since Trots doesn't think it is
important, why should anybody else?
He has a history of doing just that.
His marketing plan is to get people to buy them based upon a web
page.

Because, despite what Arnold and
Mike have said (and yes, even the Devil), they ARE NOT mediocre
speakers in the least. They do FAR more things right than they do
wrong. And that puts them ahead of many commercial designs.

Name some comparably priced speakers currently on the market
that you think are inferior to the Jupiters, please.

Wonderful question!

LOL!

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
news
"ScottW" wrote in message

Name some comparably priced speakers currently on the market
that you think are inferior to the Jupiters, please.

Wonderful question!

LOL!

"At least" they are not as bad as Bose.
But that is supposition, as I have never heard Jupiter.

trotsky

Arny Krueger wrote:

In Weil world, being reasonably agreeable tags you as a "submissive".

I wasn't reasonable, Arny--"ScottW" and dave weil pointed out a gaffe
that I made with respect to personal information. You asked a ****ty
question and don't even realize it.

Ohhhh, I think he did. I think he was fishing for personal
information. That's why I didn't comply.

Well, again, my mistake.

Lionel

"ScottW" wrote in message

Name some comparably priced speakers currently on the market
that you think are inferior to the Jupiters, please.

Wonderful question!

LOL!

"At least" they are not as bad as Bose.
But that is supposition, as I have never heard Jupiter.

Pimpon - pimpon - pimpon - pimpon - pimpon(*) !

(*)this is the french onomatopoeia for ambulances... ;-)

Arny Krueger

Arny Krueger wrote:

In Weil world, being reasonably agreeable tags you as a
"submissive".

I wasn't reasonable, Arny--"ScottW" and dave weil pointed out a
gaffe that I made with respect to personal information. You asked
a ****ty question and don't even realize it.

The question about tracking number was conceived of for the obvious purpose
of getting a reality check from an impartial source.

Ohhhh, I think he did. I think he was fishing for personal
information. That's why I didn't comply.

The personal information was an "Easter Egg"

Well, again, my mistake.

Nahh Singh, you did the right thing and you cleared some air. At worst it
just was a step towards evening up the personal information score between
Weil and I. Your comment also unintentionally elicited Weil's wonderfully
self-revelatory "submissive" comment, which goes far to explain his years
of egregious behavior on RAO quite nicely. Thank You!

trotsky

Joseph Oberlander wrote:
George M. Middius wrote:

trotsky said:

You've been stealing my intellectual property for years.

Shouldn't that be "my mother****ing intellectual property"?

Q: is it really stealing when the copy is so bad that it's
barely functional?

I think "the Devil" can do better than that. Or were you talking about
yourself?

P.S. You still need to figure out which way the arrow is pointing.

trotsky

Arny Krueger wrote:

Arny Krueger wrote:

In Weil world, being reasonably agreeable tags you as a
"submissive".

I wasn't reasonable, Arny--"ScottW" and dave weil pointed out a
gaffe that I made with respect to personal information. You asked
a ****ty question and don't even realize it.

The question about tracking number was conceived of for the obvious purpose
of getting a reality check from an impartial source.

Arny, why on Earth would anyone believe you? Your reputation as a
Christian?

Ohhhh, I think he did. I think he was fishing for personal
information. That's why I didn't comply.

The personal information was an "Easter Egg"

Well, again, my mistake.

Nahh Singh, you did the right thing and you cleared some air. At worst it
just was a step towards evening up the personal information score between
Weil and I. Your comment also unintentionally elicited Weil's wonderfully
self-revelatory "submissive" comment, which goes far to explain his years
of egregious behavior on RAO quite nicely. Thank You!

See above.

Lionel

trotsky wrote:

Why not? You've been stealing my intellectual property for years.

Trotsky, this could a crime if you don't write "intellectual"...
....the way you write it it's a joke !

ScottW

wrote:

Because, despite what Arnold and
Mike have said (and yes, even the Devil), they ARE NOT mediocre
speakers in the least. They do FAR more things right than they

do
wrong. And that puts them ahead of many commercial designs.

Name some comparably priced speakers currently on the market
that you think are inferior to the Jupiters, please.

I didn't mention price.

Ok, so they're better than a pair of free PC speakers they give
away.
That says a lot.

You're refusal to address this aspect, are they a good value or are
they not, is a clear implication they are not. The fact that you won't
just come out and say it also implies that you're afraid of Trotsky.

ScottW
George M. Middius

Default Question for Gregipus.

Scottieborg gurgled:

You're refusal

Gregipus, aren't you appalled that Scottie is supporting your
"opinions" about language abuse?

Bruce J. Richman

wrote:

Because, despite what Arnold and
Mike have said (and yes, even the Devil), they ARE NOT mediocre
speakers in the least. They do FAR more things right than they

do
wrong. And that puts them ahead of many commercial designs.

Name some comparably priced speakers currently on the market
that you think are inferior to the Jupiters, please.

I didn't mention price.

Ok, so they're better than a pair of free PC speakers they give
away.
That says a lot.

You're refusal to address this aspect, are they a good value or are
they not, is a clear implication they are not. The fact that you won't
just come out and say it also implies that you're afraid of Trotsky.

ScottW

Aw, c'mon . How could anybody be afraid of an irrational shill like trotsky?
Singh is just trying to use RAO to defraud the public.

Bruce J. Richman

trotsky

wrote:

Because, despite what Arnold and
Mike have said (and yes, even the Devil), they ARE NOT mediocre
speakers in the least. They do FAR more things right than they

do

wrong. And that puts them ahead of many commercial designs.

Name some comparably priced speakers currently on the market
that you think are inferior to the Jupiters, please.

I didn't mention price.

Ok, so they're better than a pair of free PC speakers they give
away.
That says a lot.

You're refusal to address this aspect, are they a good value or are
they not, is a clear implication they are not. The fact that you won't
just come out and say it also implies that you're afraid of Trotsky.

That's pretty lame, Scottie, even by your ultra-low standards.

trotsky

George M. Middius wrote:

Scottieborg gurgled:

You're refusal

Gregipus, aren't you appalled that Scottie is supporting your
"opinions" about language abuse?

You're making progress, George: at least you're not trying to discuss
audio anymore.

George M. Middius

trotsky said:

Gregipus, aren't you appalled that Scottie is supporting your
"opinions" about language abuse?

You're

Inability to answer the question noted. Correct use of apostrophe
noted. Lack of abatement in irrational impulse-response behavior
noted.

dave weil

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:27:09 -0700, "ScottW"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
.. .
On 9 Oct 2003 10:48:28 -0700, (ScottW)

wrote:

[...]

No, I'm waiting for you to reframe the question in the context

in
which I made the original statement.

Name a current commercial design they are "ahead of".
What are their retail price?

Ahead of. That's an interesting twist on what I said. Why? Because of
the subjective nature of speakers. What I find "wrong" in a speaker
might not be as important to someone else. For instance, we all know
that some people prize midrange above everything. Others need deep
bass. others are willing to compromise a single swatch of bandwidth
attain a more "benign" "balanced" (if you will) approach.

So, I will comment with those caveats, knowing of course that you
aren't really all that interested in what I have to say.

Some speakers I have recently heard that I think do things "more
wrong" than the Europas a

Infinity Alpha 20s, 40s. Don't know the prices.

PSB Alpha T Price? Dunno.

Some huge DynAudio Speakers that cost DM100,000. Don't know the model
number. they had "bigger bass" though (chuckle)

The old Kappa Series of Infinity (haven't heard the new series).

Magnapan MMGs and 1.6s.

Those are a few speakers that I've heard recently that would take a
back seat to the Europas.

If you don't think that I could walk into a Best Buy or Circuit City
and find *anything* that was as pleasing as the Europas, I think
you're just nuts. That's a whole range of stuff, right?

I'm sorry if I didn't mention pet favorites like Splendor and Harbeth
and Tannoy, but I haven't heard any of those (Tannoy I haven't heard
in years).

From my days with Mission and other British speakers (which I had
exposure to in the late 80s because of AR marketing a "British/Euro"
series called the Spirits and i was repping them on the German market)
I wasn't all that impressed with smaller British monitors for the most
part.

A small speaker that sadly isn't available anymore that I thought
would probably be somewhat close in "not doing things wrong" would be
a little speaker that Denon marketed at the end of the 80s and
marketed in Europe. It was a two way system and was actually made by
the German company HECO. A remarkable little speaker that cost
something like DM450 a pr (or about $200 or so). I don't know what
made that speaker so darned good, but it was nice. It dwouldn't go
that deep in the bass either.

I doubt that this commentary will satisfy you, but there you go.

Name a current commercial design they are not "ahead of"?
What are their retail price?

Honestly Dave, you're coming out of this looking like you're
afraid Trots is going to pull his advertising dollars from your
budding audio publication.

Honestly Scott, you pose a question that suddenly imposes condtions
that I didn't address and you're surprised that I don't answer?

Keep your snideness to yourself next time. Honestly, I hope that
you're not this way when Marc and Art come to visit.
ScottW

"dave weil" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:27:09 -0700, "ScottW"

wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

They were your specific words.

That's an interesting twist on what I said. Why? Because of
the subjective nature of speakers. What I find "wrong" in a

speaker
might not be as important to someone else. For instance, we all

know
that some people prize midrange above everything. Others need

deep
bass. others are willing to compromise a single swatch of

bandwidth
attain a more "benign" "balanced" (if you will) approach.

So, I will comment with those caveats, knowing of course that

you
aren't really all that interested in what I have to say.

Some speakers I have recently heard that I think do things

"more
wrong" than the Europas a

Infinity Alpha 20s, 40s. Don't know the prices.

20s are 350/pr and 40s are 500/pr according to Infinity

PSB Alpha T Price? Dunno.

192/pr

Some huge DynAudio Speakers that cost DM100,000. Don't know the

model
number. they had "bigger bass" though (chuckle)

The old Kappa Series of Infinity (haven't heard the new

series).

The whole series? The 600s are 3 way floorstanders. The others
are far less expensive.

Magnapan MMGs and 1.6s.

MMGs are 550. Are you sure about 1.6s?
Those do some things pretty well.

Those are a few speakers that I've heard recently that would

take a
back seat to the Europas.

If you don't think that I could walk into a Best Buy or Circuit

City
and find *anything* that was as pleasing as the Europas, I

think
you're just nuts. That's a whole range of stuff, right?

Hmmm..... So Best Buy and Circuit City have competitive stuff.
I'm sure you just made Trots day.

I'm sorry if I didn't mention pet favorites like Splendor and

Harbeth
and Tannoy, but I haven't heard any of those (Tannoy I haven't

heard
in years).

From my days with Mission and other British speakers (which I

had
[...]

Why? You sure don't.

Honestly, I hope that
you're not this way when Marc and Art come to visit.

You're not Marc or Art. But if you showed up on my door, I
would show you some hospitality. Even if I still had to tell you
things you don't like hearing - like the truth or my opinion.
Deal with it.

The Devil

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 18:03:23 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

Magnapan MMGs and 1.6s.

Are you sure about the 1.6s? I would be genuinely amazed if you
actually meant to say that model.

--
td
George M. Middius

The Devil said:

Magnapan MMGs and 1.6s.

Are you sure about the 1.6s? I would be genuinely amazed if you
actually meant to say that model.

Gregipus says your -- er, you're -- wrists are limp.

trotsky

wrote:

Magnapan MMGs and 1.6s.

Are you sure about the 1.6s? I would be genuinely amazed if you
actually meant to say that model.

Trouble in paradise, Dev?

The Devil

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 20:30:55 -0400, George M. Middius
wrote:

Magnapan MMGs and 1.6s.

Are you sure about the 1.6s? I would be genuinely amazed if you
actually meant to say that model.

Gregipus says your -- er, you're -- wrists are limp.

They are when I'm asleep.

--
td
The Devil

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 00:33:17 GMT, trotsky wrote:

Are you sure about the 1.6s? I would be genuinely amazed if you
actually meant to say that model.

Trouble in paradise, Dev?

Not at all. If these speakers really do stack up against the 1.6s, I
would be inclined to think that was a genuinely magnificent
achievement on the part of Madisound. And to think that they
accomplished that sort of performance for just $400. Marvelous!

--
td
dave weil

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 16:43:15 -0700, "ScottW"
wrote:

Are you sure about 1.6s?
Those do some things pretty well.

Yes. Your second statement shows that you aren't asking the right
questions.

Most speakers do "some" things pretty well.

Hell, even your Quads are bested in a few areas by far cheaper
speakers. That doesn't mean that the cheaper speakers are 'better".

The fact that you don't get this speaks volumes.
dave weil

wrote:

Magnapan MMGs and 1.6s.

Are you sure about the 1.6s? I would be genuinely amazed if you
actually meant to say that model.

Nope. I meant to say that model.

dave weil

wrote:

Name a current commercial design they are "ahead of".
What are their retail price?

Ahead of.

They were your specific words.

Yes, without the context.

dave weil

wrote:

You're not Marc or Art. But if you showed up on my door, I
would show you some hospitality. Even if I still had to tell you
things you don't like hearing - like the truth or my opinion.

Two mutually exclusive things, right?

Seriously, I doubt that you'd have the discourtesy to "tell me things
I don't like hearing". I'm quite sure that you're far more puffed up
here than you are in real life.
dave weil

wrote:

If you don't think that I could walk into a Best Buy or Circuit

City
and find *anything* that was as pleasing as the Europas, I

think
you're just nuts. That's a whole range of stuff, right?

Hmmm..... So Best Buy and Circuit City have competitive stuff.
I'm sure you just made Trots day.

Is there any reason for you to be deceptive?
George M. Middius

dave weil said:

Seriously, I doubt that you'd have the discourtesy to "tell me things
I don't like hearing". I'm quite sure that you're far more puffed up
here than you are in real life.

So Scottie is acting out his resentment against his boss? Or maybe
his mommy.....

The Devil

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 19:49:40 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

Magnapan MMGs and 1.6s.

Are you sure about the 1.6s? I would be genuinely amazed if you
actually meant to say that model.

Nope. I meant to say that model.

Interesting. What do the Madisound speakers do better than the 1.6s?

--
td