Josh Martin

Default XM Receiver: Pioneer FH-P5000MP

rec.audio.car -

I'm new to the XM world, so apologies for any idiocy up front. I have
a Pioneer FH-P5000MP (XM-Ready) in my '95 Toyota and was hoping to get
a checklist of things I need to have XM up and running. From what I
gather, I'll need an antenna, receiver, and then the actual monthly
service. Problem is: a) I'm not sure that's all I need; and, b) if it
is, I'm having trouble locating specific models that will be work with
my head unit. I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Josh
Tony Fernandes

Go to crutchfield.com. Even if you don't actually buy from them, they have
a lot of info. They also carry your P5000MP, so you could proabably call
them and ask for advice as to which tuner and antenna to buy.

Tony

--
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,
Phoenix Gold EQ-232 30-Band EQ, Dynaudio System 360 Tri-Amped In Front and
"Josh Martin" wrote in message
om...
rec.audio.car -

I'm new to the XM world, so apologies for any idiocy up front. I have
a Pioneer FH-P5000MP (XM-Ready) in my '95 Toyota and was hoping to get
a checklist of things I need to have XM up and running. From what I
gather, I'll need an antenna, receiver, and then the actual monthly
service. Problem is: a) I'm not sure that's all I need; and, b) if it
is, I'm having trouble locating specific models that will be work with
my head unit. I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Josh

mayhemkrew

You'll need this which is available at the best buy stores as well, but not
online (go figure), but this link is for the xm fan sto

http://www.xmfanstore.com/showproduct.php?id=xmdirectam

There are two pieces you need...the xm universal adaptor, and then the brand
specific smart digital adapter. Total cost, should be about $100 (antenna
is included)