Taylor is cool

Default Amplifying Stupidity

Ok, believe it or not this is not the first amp I have ever hooked up
but here's the scenario: used amp, but reportedly functional, all new
wires in a first time install car. I hooked everything up correctly,
to the best of my knowledge. The last thing I did was connect the
battery cable and pop! bye bye fuse. Check all of the connections and
try another fuse with the same result. I disconnected the remote wire
and traced it back, I checked the voltage and it is 12v switched (key
on, key off). I connected the remote back to the amp with no
connection to the back of the radio. Now here's the funny part: when I
connected the remote to the radio accessory lead the radio came on!
The amp still didn't come on and there wasn't even a key in the
ignition! It seems to me that the remote is somehow connected to the
Batt+ terminal, right? Is this a classic case of a shorted amp or
blown or something? Or do you suppose I missed or criss-crossed
something? HELP!! Thanks.
MZ

Broken!

--
Mark
remove "remove" and "spam" to reply

"Taylor is cool" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Taylor is cool

"MZ" wrote in message ...
Broken!

--
Mark
remove "remove" and "spam" to reply

Actually it just turned out to be a bad ground. Electricity... she's
a fickle mistress.

[...]

Mark Zarella

Actually it just turned out to be a bad ground. Electricity... she's
a fickle mistress.

A bad ground made your fuse pop? What else did you fix?
Taylor is cool

Mark Zarella wrote in message ...
Actually it just turned out to be a bad ground. Electricity... she's
a fickle mistress.

A bad ground made your fuse pop? What else did you fix?

Well, I had the remote wire connected to the "ACC" of the radio. I
tested it with a multi-meter and sure enough it was 12v switched and I
thought that "ACC" was short for accessory (isn't it?). For some
reason this lead didn't work, too many volts or whatever. I ended up
using the power antenna lead and it works fine. Go figure.