Arny Krueger

Default Equalizers

"dave weil" wrote in message

And what I'm "paranoid" about is the same reason that you're
"paranoid" about the pedophile claims. Making unfounded claims about
people on permanent public forums is just wrong and irresponsible.
It's wrong when people accuse you of that and it's wrong for you to
accuse *anyone* that you haven't met of criminal behavior.

Weil, how can you say that its an unfounded claim when you admit that I've
got a licensed health care professional to back me up?

Bruce J. Richman

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Obviously Krueger knows absolutely nothing about my audio system

(1) He's never heard or measured the components in my
audio system,

If as Richman says, I know absolutlely nothing about his audio system, does
that mean that he changed it all since the last time he posted anything
about it?

Krueger has never heard nor measured any of the components making up my audio
system. Unlike Krueger, who hears voices and sees visions of "listening
environments", who else but a psychotic liar would claim, as he has done, that
my system produces audible noise and distortion or that it involves
retro-tecnology?

Note that Krueger has,as is his custom, deceptively edited and deleted part of
the post to which he is responding. He routinely does this to try and make
attacks on statements of others taken out of context.

(2) He has no evidence that I even *have* an audio
system or prefer one since he thinks an impostor is posihng as Dr.
Bruce J.Richman,

Notice that Richman thinks that he knows exactly what I am thinking,

Krueger has recently posted that an impostor is probably posting as Dr. Bruce
J. Richman. He has also consulted with Howard Ferstler about this an
encouraged this libelous claim. If he were *not* thinking this when he aided
and abetted Ferstler's lies and libel, why did he post it? If he is now
claiming this is not the case, then he clearly lied for purposes of comitting
libel when he contributed to Ferstler's libelous claims.

(3) he has repeatedly claimed in his anti-tube,
anti-vinyl ranting and raving that these products produce audible
noise and distortion, yet he has presented no proof to substantiate
his claims.

This would be a false claim, since I have provided considerable evidence to
this group that all vinyl and some tubed equipment has audible noise and
distortion.

A lie. No citations given, of course.

Besides, who but a raving loony would claim that vinyl never has
any audible noise? That is in essence, what Richman is claiming here.

Another lie. Krueger can't provide any citations in which I've said that
"vinyl never has any audible noise".

Krueger can't even quote people correctly, and has delusions about what other
people have actually said. He's obviously
out of touch with reality. He's clearly psychotic.

Bruce J. Richman, Ph.D.
Licensed Psychologist
PY 2543 (Florida)

Bruce J. Richman

dave weil

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:57:54 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:32:41 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:03:26 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:40:40 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

The subject of mental health facilities is one close to
Krueger's heart. His family has probably attempted to have him
committed on more than one occasion, and in all likelihood, has
succeeded.

Obviously, a libelous and delusional claim.

Is that like accusing someone you've never met of drug abuse?

It's like accusing someone who shows so many symptoms of, well
never mind.

Too late. I already have plenty of examples.

Besides, Dr. Richman might have said exactly the same thing. And
he's an expert.

No, he just says that he's an expert.

Does this mean that you are a drug expert?

I'm as much as an expert as one gets signing potheads out of the
MP's little room with bars about 4 decades ago.

Is it from personal experience, because it's clear that you don't
have formal training in that area.

Weil, if it's so obvious that even a washed-up hack like Richman
notices it, what do I have to do with your problems?

If it's the former, then perhaps that's an
answer to your belligerant and obnoxious behavior on this group.

It only seems that way to you Weil because you are demonstrably
paranoid about your little, errr habit.

But if you're an innocent man Weil, just tell us how you've never
taken any illegeal drug at any time in your life.

As if you'd believe it.

Thanks for dodging a simple question that would put an end to this issue.

And I'm claiming that it wouldn't make any difference *what* I said.
Heck, when people post photographic proof that you demand, you claim
that it's photoshopped.

And what I'm "paranoid" about is the same reason that you're
"paranoid" about the pedophile claims. Making unfounded claims about
people on permanent public forums is just wrong and irresponsible.
It's wrong when people accuse you of that and it's wrong for you to
accuse *anyone* that you haven't met of criminal behavior.
dave weil

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:58:38 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:40:19 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Krueger is now pretending to be an expert on substance abuse.

Not at all. Just someone who can notice that which is pretty obvious.

No, actually you just parrot Greg Singh.

Greg recently said you were a druggie?

Not recently. Several years ago.

I'm sure you're proud of that.

Where did that happen?

Several years ago. So, if someone like Greg Singh uses such tactics,
what do you think about using the exact same tactics?

Arny Krueger

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Obviously Krueger knows absolutely nothing about my audio system

(1) He's never heard or measured the components in my
audio system,

If as Richman says, I know absolutlely nothing about his audio
system, does that mean that he changed it all since the last time he
posted anything about it?

Krueger has never heard nor measured any of the components making up
my audio system.

So what? Richman are you saying that equipment that produces audible noise
and distortion elsewhere won't produce noise and distortion if its in your
system?

Unlike Krueger, who hears voices and sees visions
of "listening environments", who else but a psychotic liar would
claim, as he has done, that my system produces audible noise and
distortion or that it involves retro-tecnology?

Anybody who can remember what you've said about what you like to listen to,
I'd guess.

Note that Krueger has,as is his custom, deceptively edited and
deleted part of the post to which he is responding. He routinely
does this to try and make attacks on statements of others taken out
of context.

Prove it. Last time you ranted and raved about this issue you made yourself
look silly.

(2) He has no evidence that I even *have* an audio
system or prefer one since he thinks an impostor is posihng as Dr.
Bruce J.Richman,

Notice that Richman thinks that he knows exactly what I am thinking,

Krueger has recently posted that an impostor is probably posting as
Dr. Bruce J. Richman.

I think that post was made by someone else. Check your records and get back
with us, eh Richman?

He has also consulted with Howard Ferstler
about this an encouraged this libelous claim.

News to me!

When have I consulted with Ferstler about anything?

If he were *not*
thinking this when he aided and abetted Ferstler's lies and libel,
why did he post it?

Post exactly what?

If he is now claiming this is not the case, then
he clearly lied for purposes of comitting libel when he contributed
to Ferstler's libelous claims.

Ferstler's libelous claims? What about your claims about us, Richman?

(3) he has repeatedly claimed in his anti-tube,
anti-vinyl ranting and raving that these products produce audible
noise and distortion, yet he has presented no proof to substantiate
his claims.

This would be a false claim, since I have provided considerable
evidence to this group that all vinyl and some tubed equipment has
audible noise and distortion.

A lie. No citations given, of course.

If I provide a cite, what would that make you, Richman?

Ignorant?

A liar?

Richman wrote:

"(3) he has repeatedly claimed in his anti-tube,
anti-vinyl ranting and raving that these products produce audible noise and
distortion, yet he has presented no proof to substantiate his claims"

In this statement you claim I'm lying when I say that vinyl has audible
noise, right?

Q.E.D.

Krueger can't even quote people correctly, and has delusions about
what other people have actually said. He's obviously
out of touch with reality. He's clearly psychotic.

Is that your professional opinion, Richman?

Is that opinion as good as your opinions about the current inmates of a
well-known California mental health facility that has been closed for about
seven (7) years?

dave weil

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:04:40 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message

And what I'm "paranoid" about is the same reason that you're
"paranoid" about the pedophile claims. Making unfounded claims about
people on permanent public forums is just wrong and irresponsible.
It's wrong when people accuse you of that and it's wrong for you to
accuse *anyone* that you haven't met of criminal behavior.

Weil, how can you say that its an unfounded claim when you admit that I've
got a licensed health care professional to back me up?

Now you're just babbling.
Arny Krueger

wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message

And what I'm "paranoid" about is the same reason that you're
"paranoid" about the pedophile claims. Making unfounded claims about
people on permanent public forums is just wrong and irresponsible.
It's wrong when people accuse you of that and it's wrong for you to
accuse *anyone* that you haven't met of criminal behavior.

Weil, how can you say that its an unfounded claim when you admit
that I've got a licensed health care professional to back me up?

Now you're just babbling.

So you didn't write this?

"Besides, Dr. Richman might have said exactly the same thing. And he's an
expert."

Arny Krueger

wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Krueger is now pretending to be an expert on substance abuse.

Not at all. Just someone who can notice that which is pretty
obvious.

No, actually you just parrot Greg Singh.

Greg recently said you were a druggie?

Not recently. Several years ago.

Weil you seem confused/ This is now, that was then.

I'm sure you're proud of that.

Where did that happen?

Several years ago. So, if someone like Greg Singh uses such tactics,
what do you think about using the exact same tactics?

I doubt that they were exactly the same. Besides Weil, several years ago I
hadn't been subjected to several years of you obfuscating about your use of
illegal drugs.

Bruce J. Richman

wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

The subject of mental health facilities is one close to Krueger's
heart. His family has probably attempted to have him committed on
more than one occasion, and in all likelihood, has succeeded.

Obviously, a libelous and delusional claim.

Is that like accusing someone you've never met of drug abuse?

It's like accusing someone who shows so many symptoms of, well never
mind.

Too late. I already have plenty of examples.

Besides, Dr. Richman might have said exactly the same thing. And he's
an expert.

No, he just says that he's an expert.

Krueger is lying again. I have not stated that I am an expert in substance
abuse, nor can pathological liar Krueger prove that I've stated anything like
that. It is true that have had a considerable amount of both formatl training
and cllinical experience in the diagnosis and treatment of substance abuse.
Krueger has none.

However, Krueger *does* have lots of experience in lying about what other
people have actually said. He continues to do so in this post.

Does this mean that you are a drug expert?

I'm as much as an expert as one gets signing potheads out of the MP's little
room with bars about 4 decades ago.

IOW, Krueger's tenure as an Army clerk shuffling papers has deluded him into
thinking he knows something about substance abuse. IOW, Krueger thinks that 40
year old alleged experiences with marijuana users gives him the right to accuse
others of substance abuse. No doubt that logic was developed in his courses in
Libel 101 and 102.

Is it from personal experience, because it's clear that you don't have

formal
training in that area.

Weil, if it's so obvious that even a washed-up hack like Richman notices it,
what do I have to do with your problems?

A psychotic loser like Krueger is clearly unqualified to even recognize his own
mental illness despite numerous observations by many posters on RAO that have
continuously scoffed at his raging paranoia and severe thought disorder. He's
clearly psychotic.

If it's the former, then perhaps that's an
answer to your belligerant and obnoxious behavior on this group.

It only seems that way to you Weil because you are demonstrably paranoid
about your little, errr habit.

Diagnoses of paranoia from a delusional conman like Krueger who hears voices
tellling him about conspiracies against him on RAO have about as much
credibility as the stories of Charles Manson, Son of Sam, and other sociopathic
liars like Krueger whose psychoses have generated criminal behavior.

But if you're an innocent man Weil, just tell us how you've never taken any
illegeal drug at any time in your life.

I admit it - I'm no expert on illegeal drugs. In fact, I've never heard of
them.

Dave, before you answer any questions posed by obvious nut case Krueger, I
suggest that he be required to disclose *his* use of antipsychotic medications
prescribed by family phyysicians and/or psychiatrists. If he hasn't used them,
I think he should tell us why not, other than the fact that he's been in denial
for many years about his severe psychiatric problems.

Bruce J. Richman, Ph.D.
Licensed Psychologist
PY 2543 (Florida)
Bruce J. Richman

Arny Krueger

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Too late. I already have plenty of examples.

Besides, Dr. Richman might have said exactly the same thing. And
he's an expert.

No, he just says that he's an expert.

Krueger is lying again.

No, I'm playing off Weil's claim that you are an expert, Bruce.

It is true that have had a considerable
amount of both formatl training and cllinical experience in the
diagnosis and treatment of substance abuse. Krueger has none.

Just OJT in the U.S. Army at time that it was beset with drug problems.

However, Krueger *does* have lots of experience in lying about what
other people have actually said. He continues to do so in this post.

Yes Bruce I have a lot of experience with the lies you've told about me,
including the attempts to commit me.

Does this mean that you are a drug expert?

I'm as much as an expert as one gets signing potheads out of the
MP's little room with bars about 4 decades ago.

IOW, Krueger's tenure as an Army clerk shuffling papers has deluded
him into thinking he knows something about substance abuse.

That would be another lie, as I was never a clerk in the Army. I fixed
radars.

IOW, Krueger thinks that 40 year old alleged experiences with marijuana
users gives him the right to accuse others of substance abuse.

Weil cooperates by dissembling when asked direct questions about the matter.

dave weil

wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message

And what I'm "paranoid" about is the same reason that you're
"paranoid" about the pedophile claims. Making unfounded claims about
people on permanent public forums is just wrong and irresponsible.
It's wrong when people accuse you of that and it's wrong for you to
accuse *anyone* that you haven't met of criminal behavior.

Weil, how can you say that its an unfounded claim when you admit
that I've got a licensed health care professional to back me up?

Now you're just babbling.

So you didn't write this?

"Besides, Dr. Richman might have said exactly the same thing. And he's an
expert."

You left out "the same thing" referred to in my statement.

"It's like accusing someone who shows so many symptoms of, well never
mind".

IOW, he would have been talking about you and the symptoms that he
says that you exhibit on this newsgroup.
Bruce J. Richman

wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message

And what I'm "paranoid" about is the same reason that you're
"paranoid" about the pedophile claims. Making unfounded claims about
people on permanent public forums is just wrong and irresponsible.
It's wrong when people accuse you of that and it's wrong for you to
accuse *anyone* that you haven't met of criminal behavior.

Weil, how can you say that its an unfounded claim when you admit
that I've got a licensed health care professional to back me up?

Now you're just babbling.

So you didn't write this?

"Besides, Dr. Richman might have said exactly the same thing. And he's an
expert."

Krueger is obviously lying again.

(1) Krueger has claimed I'm a "counterfeit health professional". Counterfeit
health professionals don't usually have licenses.
In fact, if proven to be what libelers like Krueger claims they are, they
generally get arrested.

(2) Krueger has also libeled me in claiming that perhaps an impostor (whom he
can't identify) is masquerading as Dr. Bruce J. Richman. If that is the case,
then, of course, nobody named Dr. Richman has been particpating in this NG and
Krueger has been attacking a figment of his imagination for over 7 years.

LOL !!!!

(3) Unlike Krueger, I don't accuse people of criminal behavior without having
any evidence to support these types of accusations. Therefore, I don't make
claims that others have or have not been using illegal drugs. Note that
Krueger's possible use of antipsychotic medications, if legitimately
prescribed, is not illegal. That said, they don't appear to be working very
well so perhaps his physician or psychiatrist should consider some more
aggressive treatment.

Bruce J. Richman, Ph.D.
Licensed Psychologist
PY 2543 (Florida)
Arny Krueger

"dave weil" wrote in message
news
I doubt that they were exactly the same.

Well, you'd be wrong. He claimed the same things.

Prove it if you can.

Besides Weil, several years ago I hadn't been subjected to several
years of you obfuscating about your use of illegal drugs.

Ahhhh, so you admit that you knew about it and just borrowed it. Cool.

You're delusional. I'm just working off what you just said.

dave weil

wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Krueger is now pretending to be an expert on substance abuse.

Not at all. Just someone who can notice that which is pretty
obvious.

No, actually you just parrot Greg Singh.

Greg recently said you were a druggie?

Not recently. Several years ago.

Weil you seem confused/ This is now, that was then.

No, it's *you* who seems confused. I never claimed a time frame.

I'm sure you're proud of that.

Where did that happen?

Several years ago. So, if someone like Greg Singh uses such tactics,
what do you think about using the exact same tactics?

I doubt that they were exactly the same.

Well, you'd be wrong. He claimed the same things.

Besides Weil, several years ago I hadn't been subjected to several years of you obfuscating about your use of
illegal drugs.

Ahhhh, so you admit that you knew about it and just borrowed it. Cool.
Pooh Bear

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message

Are you seriously suggesting that simple bass and treble controls,
properly centred, *dull* the signal ?

Obviously, not if properly designed and implemented. However, all consumer
audio gear has been properly designed and properly implemented. Again, you
knew that.

But of course ;-)

Graham

Bruce J. Richman

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Obviously Krueger knows absolutely nothing about my audio system

(1) He's never heard or measured the components in my
audio system,

If as Richman says, I know absolutlely nothing about his audio
system, does that mean that he changed it all since the last time he
posted anything about it?

Krueger has never heard nor measured any of the components making up
my audio system.

So what? Richman are you saying that equipment that produces audible noise
and distortion elsewhere won't produce noise and distortion if its in your
system?

Those are your attempts to misquote me, of course. What I've said is the
following:

Krueger has never heard nor measured any of the components making up
my audio system.

Since you pllace so much faith in measurements, where are your measurements of
the "audible noise and distortion in my system". You got caught in a lie,
Krueger. Live with it.

Unlike Krueger, who hears voices and sees visions
of "listening environments", who else but a psychotic liar would
claim, as he has done, that my system produces audible noise and
distortion or that it involves retro-tecnology?

Anybody who can remember what you've said about what you like to listen to,
I'd guess.

Your guesses are not supported by anybody else on RAO, other perhaps, then
Ferstler and McKelvy. And I don't see them helping you out here with any of
their typical pile-on unprovoked personal attacks. Of course, you can always
count on a anonymous lunatic calling himself "tor b" to parrot your idiotic
statements.

Your record of psychotic (in the sense that they are delusional and clearly out
of touch with reality) lies on RAO has been described, proven and documented
for 7 years.

Note that Krueger has,as is his custom, deceptively edited and
deleted part of the post to which he is responding. He routinely
does this to try and make attacks on statements of others taken out
of context.

Prove it. Last time you ranted and raved about this issue you made yourself
look silly.

I've never ranted and raved about anything that you've said, except in the
delusional vacuum some might call a "mind" (diseases as it may be). Your
history of snips, deletions, and deceptive editing of posts is a matter of
Google record

(2) He has no evidence that I even *have* an audio
system or prefer one since he thinks an impostor is posihng as Dr.
Bruce J.Richman,

Notice that Richman thinks that he knows exactly what I am thinking,

Krueger has recently posted that an impostor is probably posting as
Dr. Bruce J. Richman.

I think that post was made by someone else. Check your records and get back
with us, eh Richman?

Your thoughts are disordere, Krueger. You've agreed with Ferstler on this
topic now and in the past, also.

He has also consulted with Howard Ferstler
about this an encouraged this libelous claim.

News to me!

All of your lies and libelous claims about others are "news to you"! You're
incapable of admitting that you've libeled myself and others on many occasions.
Igorance of the law is no excuse. When you're arrested, try telling the judge
"News to me!".

When have I consulted with Ferstler about anything?

If he were *not*
thinking this when he aided and abetted Ferstler's lies and libel,
why did he post it?

Post exactly what?

If he is now claiming this is not the case, then
he clearly lied for purposes of comitting libel when he contributed
to Ferstler's libelous claims.

Ferstler's libelous claims? What about your claims about us, Richman?

Not any that were libelous. Opinions re your mental status, which you
demonstrate almost daily on RAO, are not libelous claims.

Richman wrote:

"(3) he has repeatedly claimed in his anti-tube,
anti-vinyl ranting and raving that these products produce audible noise and
distortion, yet he has presented no proof to substantiate his claims"

In this statement you claim I'm lying when I say that vinyl has audible
noise, right?

Q.E.D.

Bull****. You're trying to misinterpret and reinvent what I've actually said.
Prove that I've *ever* said that vinyl can *never* produce any noise.

If you can't provide proof of that statement, then you've lied again.

Krueger can't even quote people correctly, and has delusions about
what other people have actually said. He's obviously
out of touch with reality. He's clearly psychotic.

Is that your professional opinion, Richman?

Yes it is. And you continue to provide more evidence to support that opinion
on a daily basis. It has also been the professional opinion of another
licensed psychologist that has posted here in the past. Interestingly enough,
we both, at different points in time, posted the criteria for Paranoid
Personality Disorder, as given in the Diagnostic & Statistical Manual of the
American Psychiatric Association. And in case you're tempted to claim that
condition is not a psychotic disorder, it is, technically speaking, what is a
referred to as an Axis 2 Disorder, frequently given as part of diagnoses in
which an Axis 1 Disorder such as one of the many different psychotic disorders
may also be present. Note also, that when we published this data, we were not
diagnosing you, just offering opinions and encouraging RAO readers to compare
your behavior with the description given as follows:

http://www.mentalhealth.com/dis1/p21-pe01.html

PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER

Diagnostic Criteria
A pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others such that their motives are
interpreted as malevolent, beginning by early adulthood and present in a
variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:
suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or
deceiving him or her
is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of
friends or associates
is reluctant to confide in others because of unwarranted fear that the
information will be used maliciously against him or her
reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events
persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults, injuries, or
slights
perceives attacks on his or her character or reputation that are not apparent
to others and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack
has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of spouse
or sexual partner
Does not occur exclusively during the course of Schizophrenia, a Mood Disorder
With Psychotic Features, or another Psychotic Disorder and is not due to the
direct physiological effects of a general medical condition.
Note: If criteria are met prior to the onset of Schizophrenia, add "Premorbid,"
e.g., "Paranoid Personality Disorder (Premorbid)."

Bruce J. Richman, Ph.D.
Licensed Psychologist
PY 2543 (Florida)
Bruce J. Richman

dave weil

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:34:32 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
news
I doubt that they were exactly the same.

Well, you'd be wrong. He claimed the same things.

Prove it if you can.

Go he

www.google.com

Besides Weil, several years ago I hadn't been subjected to several
years of you obfuscating about your use of illegal drugs.

Ahhhh, so you admit that you knew about it and just borrowed it. Cool.

You're delusional. I'm just working off what you just said.

Nope. Because you claim that you "haven't been subjected to several
years of (me) obfuscating about (my) use of illegal drugs". this means
that it took you a while to decide to use Mr. Singh's tactics.
Pooh Bear

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote:

Contrary to what so-called audio person Krueger has claimed, there is nothing
mysterious or metaphysical about terms such as "microdynamics". The term is
generally understood by most audio hobbyists and audio writers doing reviews.
Just as macrodynamics refer to relatively gross and easily heard differences
between the loudest and softest passages in a piece of music, microdynamics
refer to relatively small differences in level between passages of music in
which volume differences from note to note are harder to discern.

Ahhh.... the 'twiddly little bits' to a pro-audio engineer.

Somehow it seems to me that distinguishing 'macrodynamics' and 'microdynamics' from
just plain dynamics resembles an unhealthy fixation with navel examination.

I guess it makes for good copy when writing a review though, since you can spin it
out a bit ;-)

Graham

Pooh Bear

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote:

(3) he has repeatedly claimed in his anti-tube,
anti-vinyl ranting and raving that these products produce audible noise and
distortion, yet he has presented no proof to substantiate his claims.

Why should he need to ?

To illustrate that a tube produces distortion, all you need to do is to look at the
transfer characteristic. No tube has a truly linear 'curve' .... ahem - hence they
are called curves it seems - lol.

I you understand the science of electronics, can draw a load line and interpret it
- that's all the evidence you need to see that any tube will introduce distortion.

Self-noise is also inherent in any gain circuit ( whether it be tube or solid state
) . Again, a knowledge of the science of electronics helps here.

As for vinyl, I was under the impression that tracking error distortion was well
understood ( again from scientific principles ) and the idea of a noiseless vinyl
recording seems to fall at the first hurdle, given the difficulty of producing a
perfect pressing. Phono pre-amps also have self-noise too.

Graham

Marc Phillips

Arny said:

Oh, boy! Oh, boy! A psychologist in Florida doesn't know that a health care
facility 2600 miles away has been closed for seven years! That makes him a
liar and a hypocrite and incompetent in his field!

Calloo, callay!!! Victory for the Internet geeks!

Boon
Sander deWaal

"Powell" said:

I know of at least one exception:
The Cello Palette.
This is the only analog EQ I know about with continuous tracking phase
correction per band.

This is one EQ I'd sure want to have in my system!

"Cello Palette"... thought company was sold to ML, no?
Cello is still manufacturing products?

After Mark Levinson the man left Mark Levinson the company, he founded
Cello. There were very few products, but of outstanding quality IMO.
ML is now a part of Harman inc.

Whatever happened the past 5 years with the company I don't know, but
according to Arny's info, they've gone.
Occasionally, Cello gear can be found second hand.
At mad prices, note.

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."
Bruce J. Richman

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Too late. I already have plenty of examples.

Besides, Dr. Richman might have said exactly the same thing. And
he's an expert.

No, he just says that he's an expert.

Krueger is lying again.

No, I'm playing off Weil's claim that you are an expert, Bruce.

That's nonsense. You just said, and I quote "he just says that he's an
expert". Your obvious intent was to misrepresent what I've actually said. If
you can't provide any proof that I've actually said I'm an expert, you have
clearly been caught in another lie

And no, Dave Weil did not say that I said I was an expert. He just claimed I
was an expert, which is his opinion.

It is true that have had a considerable
amount of both formatl training and cllinical experience in the
diagnosis and treatment of substance abuse. Krueger has none.

Just OJT in the U.S. Army at time that it was beset with drug problems.

None of that constitutes formal training or clinical experience with substance
abuse.
Substance abuse covers a much larger universe than MJ use, and includes not
only the use of illegal drugs, but also legal ones (e.g. narcotic painkillers,
steroids by athletes, tranquilizers to get high, etc.).

However, Krueger *does* have lots of experience in lying about what
other people have actually said. He continues to do so in this post.

Yes Bruce I have a lot of experience with the lies you've told about me,
including the attempts to commit me.

Prove it, liar. I've never attempted to committ you, and would not waste my
time or act in an illegal fashion to do so. As has been repeatedly stated by
me, people can not be committed (or even diagnosed) by any psychologist
without a face to face evaluation. It would be rather difficult for a licensed
psychologist practicing in Florida to commit a delusional, paranoid libeler
like you living in Michigan without a face-to-face- evaluation. If others have
attempted to have you committed - such as police officers or mental health
personnel in your own state - then perhaps they've been reading RAO and have
come to the same conclusions about your mental condition as most of us have.

Does this mean that you are a drug expert?

I'm as much as an expert as one gets signing potheads out of the
MP's little room with bars about 4 decades ago.

IOW, Krueger's tenure as an Army clerk shuffling papers has deluded
him into thinking he knows something about substance abuse.

That would be another lie, as I was never a clerk in the Army. I fixed
radars.

As you like to ratrionallize, Krueger, I was "just working off what you said".
You claimed above that you signed people out of the Army jail that were pot
users. Signing people out of places is often a clerical function. Besides,
the Army and other branches of the service I'm sure sometimes assign people to
perform several tasks at the same or different times during their stints.

IOW, Krueger thinks that 40 year old alleged experiences with marijuana
users gives him the right to accuse others of substance abuse.

Weil cooperates by dissembling when asked direct questions about the matter.

Prove it.

Bruce J. Richman, Ph.D.
Licensed Psychologist
PY 2543 (Florida)
Bruce J. Richman

Pooh Bear

Sander deWaal wrote:

"Powell" said:

Analog equalizers in high end audio (stereo) are generally
a waste of time and money. Thirty-one pots only serve to
dull out microdynamics and articulation of the human voice.
Many of the high quality pre-amps manufactured over the
last 20 years come without any bass or treble control
whatsoever, for this reason.

I know of at least one exception:
The Cello Palette.
This is the only analog EQ I know about with continuous tracking phase
correction per band.

Can you explain what 'continuous tracking phase correction' is supposed to
be please ?

Graham

Bruce J. Richman

Graham wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote:

(3) he has repeatedly claimed in his anti-tube,
anti-vinyl ranting and raving that these products produce audible noise and
distortion, yet he has presented no proof to substantiate his claims.

Why should he need to ?

Of course, in a rational world, dealing with rational conveersation, which
excludes Krueger, he should not have to produce any proof. However, Krueger
constantly demands that others prove what they say whenever he disagrees with
it, so turnabout is fair play. He has also main numerous false and libelous
claims about me, so therefore, my request for proof of what he says, even when
it involves audio per se, seems reasonable to me.

Be that as it may, I am reacting to his use of the word "audible", which is of
course, subject to individual perceptions and idndividual differences. There
is presumably a difference between distortion which can be measured and agreed
upon, and "audible distortion" which may or may not be apparent and/or
problematic for a given listener.

It would be interested to observe the results of carefully controlled double
blind tests between my amplifier, for example, a coinrad-johnson Premier 11A,
and an equivalent SS design. If the listeners can not distinguish between them
at a 95% significance level and/or identify that difference as due to
distortion, where's the evidence that, as Krueger claims, "audible noise &
distortion" are part of my audio system.

To illustrate that a tube produces distortion, all you need to do is to look
at the
transfer characteristic. No tube has a truly linear 'curve' .... ahem - hence
they
are called curves it seems - lol.

I you understand the science of electronics, can draw a load line and
interpret it
- that's all the evidence you need to see that any tube will introduce
distortion.

Self-noise is also inherent in any gain circuit ( whether it be tube or solid
state
) . Again, a knowledge of the science of electronics helps here.

See my comments above. I'm aware of the fact that all preamplifiers and
amplifiers produce noise and distortion to some extent. The issue is
audibility at a normal listening position for a given listener with presumably
average hearing.

As for vinyl, I was under the impression that tracking error distortion was
well
understood ( again from scientific principles ) and the idea of a noiseless
vinyl
recording seems to fall at the first hurdle, given the difficulty of
producing a
perfect pressing. Phono pre-amps also have self-noise too.

Since Krueger chose to lump these 2 very different sources of noise/distortion
together - i.e. electronics and vinyl - I chose to treat as statement as a
generalization. As you know I'm sure, tracking error can be minimized by the
use of either relatively long tonearms or linear tracking arms properly set up
(I had one of the latter, an ET 2.5 Linear Tracker and currently one of the
former, a VPI 10" tonearm). Whether the tracking error effects are audible is
again, I would submit, a matter of individual perception and hearing.

Finally, Krueger lied transparently when he claimed that I said that vinyl
never produces noise. I said no such thing, and naturally, know better than
that.

In the final analysis, I will always trust what can actually be heard over what
may only, in some cases, be measured. I'm not saying that measurements are not
important, but in the final analysis, what I hear is what I value.

Graham

Bruce J. Richman

Marc Phillips

Dr. Richman said:

For the record, I'm happy to admit that I take Melatonin as a sleep aid. And
highly recommend this natural neurohormone, available iwthout presciption at
most health food, vitamin and drug stores.

Last night I took Lagavulin as a sleep aid. It worked wonderfully, and I woke
up feeling like a hundred bucks!

Boon
Bruce J. Richman

Mr. Phillips said:

Dr. Richman said:

For the record, I'm happy to admit that I take Melatonin as a sleep aid.

And
highly recommend this natural neurohormone, available iwthout presciption at
most health food, vitamin and drug stores.

Last night I took Lagavulin as a sleep aid. It worked wonderfully, and I
woke
up feeling like a hundred bucks!

Boon

LOL !!1

Maybe I should combine the 2. (Although I'm not much of a Scotch drinker).

Bruce J. Richman

Arny Krueger

"dave weil" wrote in message

Nope. Because you claim that you "haven't been subjected to several
years of (me) obfuscating about (my) use of illegal drugs". this means
that it took you a while to decide to use Mr. Singh's tactics.

Nahh Weil, it was a matter of "what's wrong with this picture" thinking as
applied to you.

Then I asked you about it quit clearly and directly and you started hemming
and hawing.

Slam dunk!

Arny Krueger

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Krueger can't even quote people correctly, and has delusions about
what other people have actually said. He's obviously
out of touch with reality. He's clearly psychotic.

Is that your professional opinion, Richman?

Yes it is. And you continue to provide more evidence to support that
opinion on a daily basis. It has also been the professional opinion
of another licensed psychologist that has posted here in the past.

For all we know Richman, you might be his sockpuppet.

Interestingly enough, we both, at different points in time, posted
the criteria for Paranoid Personality Disorder, as given in the
Diagnostic & Statistical Manual of the American Psychiatric
Association.

But of course... same guy posting?

[...]

Arny Krueger

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote:

[...]

Right, and this is the essence of the proof I've provided here in the past.

Richman is obviously in denial. I seem to recall that he thinks that
cassette tape is superior to CD, as well.

Arny Krueger

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote:

[...]

Agreed. It is especially impression to people who are more than a little
weak when it comes to a technical education relating to audio, whether
formal or informal.

Arny Krueger

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message

Sander deWaal wrote:

"Powell" said:

Analog equalizers in high end audio (stereo) are generally
a waste of time and money. Thirty-one pots only serve to
dull out microdynamics and articulation of the human voice.
Many of the high quality pre-amps manufactured over the
last 20 years come without any bass or treble control
whatsoever, for this reason.

I know of at least one exception:
The Cello Palette.
This is the only analog EQ I know about with continuous tracking
phase correction per band.

Can you explain what 'continuous tracking phase correction' is
supposed to be please ?

I'd speculate that they had a variable all-pass network for each band,
ganged onto the same variable control.

Here's a fairly good review of it:

http://www.stereophile.com/amplifica...lo/index4.html

It appears that the eq controls are actually switches, so its no problem to
gang up as many circuit elements, whether resistiive or capacitive, as
required to obtain the required function in the analog domain.

Bruce J. Richman

Torresists wrote:

snip of delusional, illiterate absurdities from Krueger's nameless parrot):

Forgeries, looney-tunes Tor, refer of course to your first-grade level
distortions of *my* signature.

As for your bull**** about your pseudonym, you're clearly taling out of your
ass, as you generally do. Michael Gindi is a licensed psychologist in New
York, and used to post on RAO with various pseudonyms, including Tor Bergsen.
He has admitted the same quite some time ago.

As usual, you psychotic POS, you've demonstrated your stupidity and ignorance
for all to laugh at.

The only person that has never existed on RAO, is you - fool !!!

(Both psychologists can prove they are whom they claim to be).

Keep up the idiotic, maniacal ravings however. It helps to destroy your
credibility even more. Thanks, loser.

Bruce J.Richman, Ph.D.
Licensed Psycholgist
PY 2543 (Florida)

Bruce J. Richman

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Krueger can't even quote people correctly, and has delusions about
what other people have actually said. He's obviously
out of touch with reality. He's clearly psychotic.

Is that your professional opinion, Richman?

Yes it is. And you continue to provide more evidence to support that
opinion on a daily basis. It has also been the professional opinion
of another licensed psychologist that has posted here in the past.

For all we know Richman, you might be his sockpuppet.

Thanks, Krueger for proving once again that you continue to post libelous
claims about the impersonation of psychologists.

Q.E.D.

And there is no "we", Krueger, since Ferstler has beat his usual cowardly
retreat from RAO.

Interestingly enough, we both, at different points in time, posted
the criteria for Paranoid Personality Disorder, as given in the
Diagnostic & Statistical Manual of the American Psychiatric
Association.

But of course... same guy posting?

Prove it, libeler.

[...]

Krueger's attempts to escape consensual evaluation by 2 totally independent,
licensed psychologists is duly noted.

Krueger's delusional and libelous false statements continue, as usual.

Bruce J. Richman, Ph.D.
Licensed Psychologist
PY 2543 (Florida)
Bruce J. Richman

Bruce J. Richman

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote:

[...]

Krueger is obviously delusional. He also now appears to suffer from severe
memory impairment re. cassettes vs. CD's. He has also lied once again about
statements such as "vinyl never has noise" (paraphrased) which he has
deceptively attributed to me. Needless to say, pathological liar Krueger can
provide no proof that I've made such a statement.

Bruce J. Richman

Sander deWaal

Pooh Bear said:

To illustrate that a tube produces distortion, all you need to do is to look at the
transfer characteristic. No tube has a truly linear 'curve' .... ahem - hence they
are called curves it seems - lol.

Ahem........let's put some nuances into this picture.
Look at the "curves"of a BJT, a JFET, a MOSFET, a triode and a
pentode.
ALL of them are non-linear.
Tubes are somewhat quadratic, BJTs have an exponential curve.

The best part is that triodes have the most linear and long Ia/-Vg
curve of all devices.
Besides, no one is so naive to use a bare device, there's always some
feedback involved, be it locally or globally.

The fun part is that tubes with little LOCAL feedback don't
necessarily need global feedback to rely on for relatively
distortion-free transfer of audio signals.
Transistors, and especially BJTs, do need heavy doses of it to just
function as proper amplifiers .

As you probably know, the use of SS and GNFB can add distortions that
have little or no relation to the input signal. The spectrum of the
distortion alters.
Of course, local feedback in SS stages (e.g. emitter degeneration in
differential amplifiers) may solve most of these problems, but the
mostly very high common mode signal may still pose problems.
HF interference is another subject. FTZ and NP0 don't solve this
altogether. EMC is a serious problem ( and business) these days.

This is something I rarely see in consumer audio applications however.

Then there's something like "thermal distortion", variable junction
capacitances etc.

Of course, this is a very simple approach of a subject where one could
fill thousands of MBs with and still not be complete.

May I refer you to the work of Matti Otala, Artur Seibt, Jean Hiraga,
Kaneda-san and Peter Garde for instance? A very interesting read,
note.

If you're in for an in-depth discussion of these matters, wait until
Sunday, then I'll have an entire day to discuss this and related
subjects.

I'd be delighted to do so.
Just let me know, and I'll start a separate thread with this subject
here in RAO. Maybe RATech too, as there are some sharp minds wandering
around there as well.

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."