Justin Burns

Default amps, amps, amps

Check out memphis amps... I work for a shop that sells both JL and
Memphis... Memphis is much cheaper, and sounds just as good.

Justin
"Sam Carleton" wrote in message
After reading the thread about building a system with Jensen, it
make me reconsider the amp I want to use. I intend on using two JL
Audio amps the 450/4 (2x75 & 2x150) for the tweeter/4" and the 6.5"
in the door, respecively, and 600/1 for the sub.

Do folks have any thoughts on less expensive amps that will sound
just as good?

Sam

--
See my links engine for a collection of sites that
might be of interest to you. Your additions will

Mark Zarella

Then he told me that he was in the process of
upgrading to Eclipse amps because they sounded noticably better.

He lied! He likes them because they're shinier!

Man, I wish I could simply hear all the different amps in my car.
It would make life much easier!

You're not going to go wrong with any amp you buy, as long as it has the
right feature set for you and (more than) enough power.

Sanitarium

In a moving car my ears can not tell the difference between amp brands.
But thats me and my ears after 15 years of loud guitar playing. Perhaps
your listening requirements are more critical.

I would recommend US acoustics or planet audio. I use old zed audio
Hifonics VIII amps for my highs and midbass. From what I understand,
the older Earthquake amps were run off the same fab line, so IMHO they
would be a good choice if you dont mind used gear. For my sub bass I
use a Profile california 1200.

Garrett

Sam Carleton wrote:

After reading the thread about building a system with Jensen, it
make me reconsider the amp I want to use. I intend on using two JL
Audio amps the 450/4 (2x75 & 2x150) for the tweeter/4" and the 6.5"
in the door, respecively, and 600/1 for the sub.

Do folks have any thoughts on less expensive amps that will sound
just as good?

Sam

--
See my links engine for a collection of sites that
might be of interest to you. Your additions will
make this engine more powerful global resource.
http://www.miltonstreet.com/scarleton/links/

Scott Johnson

"Mark Zarella" seesigfile wrote:

Then he told me that he was in the process of
upgrading to Eclipse amps because they sounded noticably better.

He lied! He likes them because they're shinier!

Probably. I've used/installed many diffrent brands and haven't noticed any
difference in the sound between them.

Man, I wish I could simply hear all the different amps in my car.
It would make life much easier!

You're not going to go wrong with any amp you buy, as long as it has the
right feature set for you and (more than) enough power.

jp

I've owned from the cheapest to the best and of course, it it also true that
you get what you paid for. I wouln't recommend buying Jensen, Pyramid, Boss,
etc....most of the time they don't last long, it's just my opinion. Try
Crunch, Lanzar if you are in a budget, I've tryed both and they sound good.
Always find out what the RMS ("real") watts is, and not the so popular "MAX"
power. An amp can be advertised as having 1000 watts max, but that is most
of the time the total of the 2 or 4 channels combined, and the RMS wattage
ends up being like 50-80 watts a channel RMS, so just a heads up on
companies trying to adverse their cheap stuff.