Craig Ruggels

Default Neumann 421 70th edition

Anyone know how is selling them below MSRP?

Would like to pick one up

Craig Ruggels
MeadowView Music

Soundolux

"Craig Ruggels" wrote in message ...
Anyone know how is selling them below MSRP?

Would like to pick one up

Craig Ruggels
MeadowView Music

From what I have been told by several retailers, the 421 SE is only
available through Sennheiser, at the MSRP of $649.95. It has the
"original hum compensating coil", which, from the information
available on the website, appears to be what differentiates it
electronically from the 421 II. It also has gold-plated hardware.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/pages/p...icro/index.htm

J L
Ty Ford

In Article ,
(Soundolux) wrote:
"Craig Ruggels" wrote in message

Anyone know how is selling them below MSRP?

Would like to pick one up

Craig Ruggels
MeadowView Music

From what I have been told by several retailers, the 421 SE is only
available through Sennheiser, at the MSRP of $649.95. It has the
"original hum compensating coil", which, from the information
available on the website, appears to be what differentiates it
electronically from the 421 II. It also has gold-plated hardware.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/pages/p...icro/index.htm

J L

When I reviewed the 421 II, I was told the entire diaphragm system was
reworked. Also, the new magnet was smaller (but of higher magnetic force) so
they filled the space with a metal plug to make it weigh about the same.

I was also told they stopped making the original because the molds used to
make the body "wore out." Does the 70th edition have the traditional body or
is it the new design?

Regards,

Ty Ford

**Until the worm goes away, I have put "not" in front of my email address.
Please remove it if you want to email me directly.
For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on http://www.jagunet.com/~tford