Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Eico 667 tube tester / 615 adapter

François Yves Le Gal wrote:
Does any RAT have other suggestions re. restoring this tester to
it's full glory?

You have it more-or-less covered in your list. These are fairly simple
testers as they go. Also, clean the switches, you may only need to
clean the adjustment pots, and so forth. Check the tube sockets, if
this was heavily used there may be some loose contacts (even missing).
Also check the wiring at moving parts. You would do all this anyway.

OTOH the 667 has no sockets for oddball tubes such as the 807 or 2A3, so
I'll need to find - not very easy - or build - more probably - a 615
adapter. I've searched for it's schemo but haven't found it. Has anyone got
a copy he'd share? Or should I go the simplest way : build it my own way and
wire it pin 1 on the adapter to pin 1 on the tester, etc.?

4, 5 & 6-pin pre-octal sockets are best addressed as adaptors, as you
note. The 667 is well-supported in terms of update sheets that way as
well.

A schematic and much information may be found he

http://tone-lizard.com/Eico667_troubleshooting.htm

I had a copy of this unit briefly (it is now on its way, or in Korea on
a "Free Monday" deal), it fell between my very elegant Hickok 539B and
my very simple Simpson 555, and so was redundant.

I hope that this helps.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA