arizona cowboy

Default FS: large neon bulbs for early tube testers

I have NOS stock of the large neon bulbs used in early tube testers (shorts
bulb) and radios from the 30's and 40's, both screw and bayonet type, if
anyone needs any.

also have NOS NE-45, and NE-51 shorts bulbs (neon) for newer Hickok and
military tube testers, as well as most other neon bulb types.

email me at:

cheers!

wild bill
knoxville, usa
world's largest seller of lab-calibrated TV-7D/U tube testers

Allan Ross

Spudley wrote:
Is there much call for tube testers these days?

"arizona cowboy" cacheoverflowATyahoo.com wrote in message
I have NOS stock of the large neon bulbs used in early tube testers
(shorts bulb) and radios from the 30's and 40's, both screw and
bayonet type, if anyone needs any.

also have NOS NE-45, and NE-51 shorts bulbs (neon) for newer Hickok
and military tube testers, as well as most other neon bulb types.

email me at:

cheers!

wild bill
knoxville, usa
world's largest seller of lab-calibrated TV-7D/U tube testers

In vitro fertilisers, perhaps?

Spudley

"Allan Ross" wrote in message
Spudley wrote:
Is there much call for tube testers these days?

"arizona cowboy" cacheoverflowATyahoo.com wrote in message
I have NOS stock of the large neon bulbs used in early tube

testers
(shorts bulb) and radios from the 30's and 40's, both screw and
bayonet type, if anyone needs any.

also have NOS NE-45, and NE-51 shorts bulbs (neon) for newer

Hickok
and military tube testers, as well as most other neon bulb types.

email me at:

cheers!

wild bill
knoxville, usa
world's largest seller of lab-calibrated TV-7D/U tube testers

In vitro fertilisers, perhaps?

I didn't mean volunteers.

Phil Allison

"Spudley"

Is there much call for tube testers these days?

** Check them out on out Ebay - the damn things change hands for small
fortunes.

Anything tube related has become a fetish item collector's "must have" -
even old, worn out KT66s and 88s.

.......... Phil

Hagstar

Spudley wrote:

Is there much call for tube testers these days?

You are kidding, right ?

John H.
William Sommerwerck

They were made at least into the '50s, and probably the '60s. I remember one in
my "learn electronics" mutli-project kit. You know, the one with the cardboard
box and Masonite chassis.

I have NOS stock of the large neon bulbs used in early tube testers (shorts
bulb) and radios from the 30's and 40's, both screw and bayonet type, if
anyone needs any.

Dan Busetti

"Phil Allison" wrote in message u...
"Spudley"

Is there much call for tube testers these days?

** Check them out on out Ebay - the damn things change hands for small
fortunes.

Anything tube related has become a fetish item collector's "must have" -
even old, worn out KT66s and 88s.

......... Phil

That market is very quirky. I was trying to Ebay matched pairs of
AudioResearch tested Svetlana 6550Bs several months ago and received
only a few half-hearted bids. Decided to keep them in case I find a
suitable tube amp in the future.

Jim Kollens

Is there much call for tube testers these days?

I use my TV7 and Dan Nelson in AZ makes money servicing them for people all
over the place. It's very interesting testing tubes, especially tubes that are
NOS and are no good. I've bought tubes from folk that were absolutely garbage.
It's nice to know right away rather than when you need it, particularly when
you have a recording studio going.

Phread

I've bought tubes from folk that were absolutely garbage.

Hmm, would that be the tubes that were absolutely garbage, or the folk you bought them from? ;-)

Phread

Spudley

I was only asking because I have one stuck away in my garage.
I can't even recall what its make or model number is.
I must take a look when I next venture out there, and
then do some ebay research to get an idea of what it may be worth.

"Hagstar" wrote in message
Spudley wrote:

Is there much call for tube testers these days?

You are kidding, right ?

John H.

Jim Kollens

I've bought tubes from folk that were absolutely garbage.

Hmm, would that be the tubes that were absolutely garbage, or the folk you
bought them from? ;-)

Dan Nelson told me a great story. Once, he had gone through a great number of
tubes, testing each one of them. He put a huge number of bad or very poor
tubes in several boxes and put them out in the garbage. Several days later a
resale shop called him up to see if he was interested in a large number of
tubes. Someone had picked them from his garbage and sold them to the resale
shop.........all garbage.