Posted to rec.audio.car
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default 60 HZ hum on AM car radio near powerlines - any ideas

I've tried connecting ground wires to the body from the antenna shield near the
radio, or the metal cap/nut that tightens the antenna into the body, with no
affect. I still get real obnoxious hum whenever I am near powerlines. Has anyone
here had and solved this problem?

The radio is a Pioneer "supertuner" AM/FM/CD unit.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Mike S. Mike S. is offline

In article ,
Bob F wrote:
I've tried connecting ground wires to the body from the antenna shield near the
radio, or the metal cap/nut that tightens the antenna into the body, with no
affect. I still get real obnoxious hum whenever I am near powerlines.
Has anyone
here had and solved this problem?

The radio is a Pioneer "supertuner" AM/FM/CD unit.

Don't listen to AM near powerlines.

Seriously, it's called "interference" and you can't really address it at
the receiving end.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Bob F Bob F is offline

Mike S. wrote:
In article ,
Bob F wrote:
I've tried connecting ground wires to the body from the antenna
shield near the radio, or the metal cap/nut that tightens the
antenna into the body, with no affect. I still get real obnoxious
hum whenever I am near powerlines.
Has anyone
here had and solved this problem?

The radio is a Pioneer "supertuner" AM/FM/CD unit.

Don't listen to AM near powerlines.

Seriously, it's called "interference" and you can't really address it
at the receiving end.

Seriously, why didn't every other car I've had had this problem?

60 Hz noise on car radio from powerlines Bob F Car Audio 6 October 19th 09 12:35 AM
New system ideas? Christopher \Torroid\ Ott Car Audio 7 September 30th 07 05:57 AM
Need help, ideas... Ajanta Car Audio 2 January 1st 07 10:14 AM
CD Duplicators - Ideas ??? Danny T Pro Audio 10 October 3rd 06 03:34 PM
cd stopped playing on Sony clock radio, ideas? Lawrence Bleau General 5 January 15th 05 12:23 PM